PDA

View Full Version : Ukraine still burning stray cats and dogs (please sign the petition)

Kirsten
11-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Next year, the European Soccer Championship will take place in Ukraine and Poland; and for this, the Ukrainian cities are currently "cleaned" from stray animals. :-( They are even burned alive! The UEFA (European Soccer association) has asked them to stop, but the killing goes on.

Here's a petition; I signed today:
Tell Ukraine to Stop Burning Animals Alive (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/tell-ukraine-to-stop-burning-animals-alive/)

Marigold2
11-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Signed

Karen
11-21-2011, 12:26 PM
I signed. I don't know how much impact it will have, but we can always hope!

pomtzu
11-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Sorry - I couldn't sign the petition because I couldn't read the article - just by seeing what the title of the thread is. :(

dab_20
11-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Signed.
:(

Kirsten
11-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Marigold2, Karen and dab_20: Thanks for signing!

pomtzu, you couldn't read the article? When I click the link, I can see the text of the petition in English... Anyway, here it is:

* Target: Ukraine President Viktor Yanukovych
* Sponsored by: Animal Advocates

The city Lysychansk (eastern Ukraine) is shooting and burning animals alive as part of Football Preparations for Eurofoot 2012.

Ukrainian Authorities are now using a mobile crematorium to exterminate stray animals. The local government bought a mobile crematorium for the disposal of stray animals. The mobile team of drivers and dog catchers are armed with a gun to shoot strays. The mobile crematorium also lends it to other cities and districts of the region.

The captured animals are thrown alive into the oven to 900 degrees C. According to locals, the dogs and cats burned alive.

The concentration of stray animals is not critical and can easily be controlled. The problem of stray animals to be solved by sterilization. We are horrified to learn the problem of stray animals in the Luhansk region in the town Lysychansk in Eastern Ukraine will be "solved" in this way and ignoring the Law on Cruelty to Animals.

President Viktor Yanukovych
252008 Kiev Ukraine
Vul. Bankova, 11
Tel: 380-44-226-3265
Fax: 380-44-293-1001
email: [email protected]

Karen
11-21-2011, 04:29 PM
It's not that she was unable to read the article for technical reasons, she was just too horrified to do so, Kirsten.

pomtzu
11-21-2011, 04:40 PM
It's not that she was unable to read the article for technical reasons, she was just too horrified to do so, Kirsten.

Exactly - thank you Karen. I can't even watch shows like Animal Cops on t.v. - they just upset me too much.

phesina
11-21-2011, 05:10 PM
I just signed.

I can't read the details of such things either. I get too horrified and despairing about the utter evil to be found so much in this world.

momcat
11-21-2011, 05:53 PM
The horror these poor cats and dogs are subjected to is disgusting. How can anyone be so inhumane? Petition signed.....for the animals :love: