View Full Version : Breaking Dawn

finn's mom
11-18-2011, 02:40 AM
Just got home from the theater!

My sister-in-law, best friend and I went to see the first three Twilight saga movies and finished the night with a midnight showing of Breaking Dawn.

It was awesome! Got to the theater at 3:30pm, left around 2am. I'm POOPED!

Breaking Dawn was fantastic and I can't wait to see the final movie!

caseysmom
11-18-2011, 10:17 AM
I can't wait to see it! I didn't care for movie number 3 but look forward to this one.

kittycats_delight
11-18-2011, 11:01 AM
I honestly only watch the movies for Robert Pattinson. I think the acting is terrible. I can't stand Kirsten Stewart. I don't think the girl could act her way out of a brown paper bag. I can't say much for the rest in the movies either except for Dakota Fanning. I enjoyed the books however even if they were not my idea of the way a vampire should be. I am more for the Anne Rice type vamp. hehehehe

I will watch this though and I am sure I will enjoy it. It was pretty alright as an entertainment only movie. It doesn't have good acting and won't win awards except maybe teen choice or mtv movie awards. It's great for a lose yourself in fantasy night though and I could sure use those from time to time. Looking forward to seeing how they worked some of the more adult scenes into it too. That should be interesting. I hope so anyway. hehehehe :p

dab_20
11-18-2011, 11:38 AM
I honestly only watch the movies for Robert Pattinson. I think the acting is terrible. I can't stand Kirsten Stewart. I don't think the girl could act her way out of a brown paper bag. I can't say much for the rest in the movies either except for Dakota Fanning. I enjoyed the books however even if they were not my idea of the way a vampire should be. I am more for the Anne Rice type vamp. hehehehe

I will watch this though and I am sure I will enjoy it. It was pretty alright as an entertainment only movie. It doesn't have good acting and won't win awards except maybe teen choice or mtv movie awards. It's great for a lose yourself in fantasy night though and I could sure use those from time to time. Looking forward to seeing how they worked some of the more adult scenes into it too. That should be interesting. I hope so anyway. hehehehe :p

Totally agree with you. Kristen Stewart just RUINS it for me!

However, I did very much enjoy the books and that is why I've got to see the movies. I'm excited to see this one because I really liked the last book.

Roxyluvsme13
11-19-2011, 01:07 PM
The books were a whole lot better than the movies, but Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner make it worthwhile :p. I can't wait to see the movie. Definitely gotta do that soon.

Cataholic
11-19-2011, 02:14 PM
I can't get past watching movies for 10.5 hours! Going to one 80 minute show sets me behind for days, lol!

finn's mom
11-19-2011, 03:19 PM
The books and movies are fluff - nothing more. nothing less. They are an easy escape from reality. :)

Kristen Stewart annoys me, too. I have always wished they'd gotten someone else, but the chemistry between her and Robert Pattinson has always been incredible, and from what I've heard, that's part of why they got the parts. Despite the fact that neither are in my top twenty favorite actors, the two together really work.

The acting with the main people is not great, but I think it has gotten better, kinda like the Harry Potter movies. Everything about the fourth movie is better than the others, in my opinion. :)

One thing that really stood out as pretty top notch . . . the makeup (whether it's real or digital, I don't know). Kristen Stewart looks emaciated and TERRIBLE about half way through. It was actually disturbing, because it looked so realistic.

And her dress is remarkable. :) The wedding set up is really beautiful, like a dream state. The flowers hanging down are amazing.

finn's mom
11-19-2011, 03:21 PM
I can't get past watching movies for 10.5 hours! Going to one 80 minute show sets me behind for days, lol!

I can hardly sit down at home and watch a full movie, but I really like the movie theater experience and especially with a couple of my favorite people, I LOVE it. And, seeing movies that everyone has pretty much already seen hundreds of times haha, is super fun. I love all the little side commentary. ;)

cool4catz2
11-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Tonight is girls night out with dinner then "Breaking Dawn"! Looking forward to it!!

Karen
11-21-2011, 12:28 PM
I will wait for DVD or maybe cable for this. I liked the books better than the movies, saw the first one in the theater, but won't bother to spend the money on this one. I have several issues with casting, make-up, and production, but am sure others them enjoyable.

Alysser
11-21-2011, 01:13 PM
I can't wait for people on Facebook to stop comparing it to the last Harry Potter movie. There is no comparison whatsoever. :rolleyes: I think my brother is making me go see it with him on Wednesday..but I dunno yet.

Catty1
11-22-2011, 10:42 AM
http://chzsetphaserstolol.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/sci-fi-fantasy-twilight-harry-potter-you-promise.jpg

finn's mom
11-22-2011, 02:30 PM
I can't wait for people on Facebook to stop comparing it to the last Harry Potter movie. There is no comparison whatsoever. :rolleyes: I think my brother is making me go see it with him on Wednesday..but I dunno yet.

The comparison is that both stories are fantasies, both based on novels aimed at younger readers, both were huge hits as books and as movies, both split the final book into two movies, etc. It's human nature to compare things you enjoy. ;) I haven't really seen any comparison of the two stories except when it comes to box office numbers.

caseysmom
11-26-2011, 02:41 AM
Just got back from this movie, it was amazing...best one so far. I can't believe we have to wait a year to see part 2!

Roxyluvsme13
11-26-2011, 07:50 AM
Oh yeah, forgot to come back and say I saw it yesterday.

The makeup and special effects were FANTASTIC! I was really surprised with how they made Kristen Stewart look so scarily skinny.

Can't wait for Part 2!!!

lizbud
11-26-2011, 12:15 PM
The makeup and special effects were FANTASTIC! I was really surprised with how they made Kristen Stewart look so scarily skinny.

Is this the movie were she's pregnant? I read a review of the movie where
the idea of being pregnant with a nonhuman baby was compared to the old
movie "Rosemary's Baby". In that movie Mia Farrow looked sickly too.

After reading the article, I came away with a new word(to me), it's
"skeeved". Never heard of the word before, but then I'm from an older
generation.;)

finn's mom
11-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Is this the movie were she's pregnant? I read a review of the movie where
the idea of being pregnant with a nonhuman baby was compared to the old
movie "Rosemary's Baby". In that movie Mia Farrow looked sickly too.

After reading the article, I came away with a new word(to me), it's
"skeeved". Never heard of the word before, but then I'm from an older
generation.;)

I've never really heard that word, either haha. And, yeah, this is the first part of the final book where she gets pregnant, has the baby, and changes into a vampire. I haven't seen Rosemary's Baby in years, but from what I remember of that film, Kristen Stewart looks way worse than Mia Farrow did. I'm sure it's done with digital effects, and probably some actual makeup thrown in as well. But she looks positively on her death's bed.

lizbud
11-27-2011, 05:26 PM
I've never really heard that word, either haha. And, yeah, this is the first part of the final book where she gets pregnant, has the baby, and changes into a vampire. I haven't seen Rosemary's Baby in years, but from what I remember of that film, Kristen Stewart looks way worse than Mia Farrow did. I'm sure it's done with digital effects, and probably some actual makeup thrown in as well. But she looks positively on her death's bed.

Seems like the movie has a lot of special effects to jazz it up a bit.
"I'll never tell :) Read a good article about people
getting sick during the movie. (seizures) Weird.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/breaking-dawn-birth-scenes-seizure-inducing-effects/story?id=15029032