PDA

View Full Version : Thursgiving Thanksday. #456

RICHARD
11-17-2011, 09:03 AM
Welcome to the bar and I think that we should go with Cassiemom's Peppermint Pattie and think about things to be thankful for.

I have a cornucopia of thoughts and the year ain't over yet!:)

Orc, get yer cotton picking fingers outta that pumpkin pie....it's for dinner.:eek:

Karen
11-17-2011, 11:16 AM
I haven't started the baking yet, but am thankful for the friends and family we have around us!

I moved the Jack-O-Lanterns to the dumpster the other day, and there were a ton of fruitflies ... which is weird for mid-November here, but I guess it just has been too warm. We've had on odd, late autumn this year ...

lvpets2002
11-17-2011, 11:39 AM
:rolleyes: Yup Orc is at it again.. Well at least Orc did not sit on the pie like he did last year.. Boy Howdy was that a mess.. Remember we had to hose him off with the mega blaster.. :p

Anyways hows about a pumpkin froth with lots of mellows.. Yummss

Pinot's Mom
11-17-2011, 11:58 AM
I cheated this year and bought my pies from a local small bakery - Anita does amazing baked goods. Pumpkin, mincemeat and pecan... I'll make the fresh whipped cream for them, though! ;) Y'all want some?

I'll have a Peppermint Pattie in the meantime!

pomtzu
11-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Mmmmmm - fresh mincemeat pie - doesn't get any better than that? It wouldn't be spiked with rum, would it??? - that's the only way it could be better. :D With or without the booze, I'll take a slice please. Coffee is on to go with pie, if anyone wants some. It will be a nice warmer-upper on this cold rainy (with some snow) day.

lvpets2002
11-17-2011, 12:42 PM
:) My Favorite Pie too.. Yumm yumm == Could Me & Orc haves some please..

Mmmmmm - fresh mincemeat pie - doesn't get any better than that? It wouldn't be spiked with rum, would it??? - that's the only way it could be better. :D With or without the booze, I'll take a slice please. Coffee is on to go with pie, if anyone wants some. It will be a nice warmer-upper on this cold rainy (with some snow) day.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-18-2011, 01:02 PM
What a time for me to come down with a cold. All I do is sneeze and blow my nose. Can I get some hot tea? with lemon and a shot of whisky? I think dad called those hot toddies. Oh, wait, he never added the tea. :love:

Karen
11-18-2011, 10:24 PM
I'll brew up another pot of tea, and hand over the jar of honey - you can doctor your portion up with whatever you'd like.

I have some lovely chai tea, but you probably couldn't even smell that right now, so we'll save that for later!

pomtzu
11-19-2011, 06:51 AM
I'm with ya Moff - sniff, sniff - cough, cough - sneeze, sneeze. :eek: I don't do tea. I wonder if coffee with Baileys would help? Or maybe I should make it Baileys with coffee??? I'm bound to feel better if I get enough Baileys in me. :D Coffee's on - come join me. I promise I won't sneeze in anyone's direction. Happy weekend everyone.......

Pinot's Mom
11-19-2011, 06:59 AM
G'morning y'all! I have coffee as well, served one of our houseguests throat coat tea before she and her daughter went out to Stevenson University for the day; what shall we have for breakfast? I'm in the mood for a scone - any takers?

RICHARD
11-19-2011, 07:38 AM
G'morning y'all! I have coffee as well, served one of our houseguests throat coat tea before she and her daughter went out to Stevenson University for the day; what shall we have for breakfast? I'm in the mood for a scone - any takers?

If you bake, I'll do some pork products and chicken by-products.:eek:;)

I'll boil up some more water, slice up some lemons and pull out the whiskey bottle.

-------------------
The Thursday's medcal tip of the week?

When I got the flu, I'd make sure I had enough shots of liquor to make me pass out, If I was going to wake up feeling nasty, I may as well have fun?

:eek:

---------------------

I am going to clean off the main table so we can all chop, dice and prep our meals for the next week.

I am a total stuffing pig and am tasked w/cooking the meal this time out......

pray for me!:eek:

Let me pour some water and shots.

Any pie still left?

DONE!

Karen
11-19-2011, 12:24 PM
A man I know swears having a shot of brandy helps cure his cold every time ... I have yet to convince him that is NOT the cure for me or one I'll recommend to anyone! I think it just gets him tipsy enough to not notice the cold as much!

Randi
11-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Oh, so many temptations this week... I can't say no to a scone and a slice of pecan pie is to die for! I have a recipe for it I'll have to try soon. The thing is, pecans are hard to get here.

As for drinks... I won't touch whisky, but a drop of Grand Marnier in my coffee will go down well. ;)

Karen, we've had the same kind of autumn here, it's simply amazing! Last year, we had snow in November. :eek:

MOFF, a drop of Rum in your tea might do the trick. ;) Feel better soon - and you too, Pomtzu!

We don't do Thanksgiving here, but still, I'm thankful for our new government. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
11-19-2011, 04:57 PM
I think I'll brew some peppermint tea. Now the very thought of food turns me green. :love:

Karen
11-20-2011, 07:56 AM
Hope you feel better soon, moff!

Lady's Human
11-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Our cure over in Germany was HOT ginger brandy. clears the sinuses and makes you sleepy. Like NyQUil without the really nasty taste.

I'll bring the rolls, is there still any of the mincemeat left? Due to a lack of guests this year we're cutting it down to 3 pies, I'm going without my mincemeat. :(

Karen
11-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Awww, maybe at Christmas we can have mincemeat pie, LH!

I will be making pumpkin cookies, toll house cookies (minus the nuts), and brown sugar bunnies - but using the turkey shape cookie cutter of course for most of them for Thanksgiving.

catland
11-21-2011, 05:56 PM
I'll roll up my sleeves and get my knife out to start chopping and dicing. I LOOVVE stuffing - I think its my favorite part of the meal - (along with the spuds and gravy :D)

Pinot's Mom
11-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Our cure over in Germany was HOT ginger brandy. clears the sinuses and makes you sleepy. Like NyQUil without the really nasty taste.

I'll bring the rolls, is there still any of the mincemeat left? Due to a lack of guests this year we're cutting it down to 3 pies, I'm going without my mincemeat. :(

Of course there's mincemeat left! It's going fast, though, you better hurry! ;)

Lady's Human
11-22-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm swiping the mincemeat pie, though I will brew a fresh pot of coffee for anyone who wants some. Brrrr....I think fall just fell.

RICHARD
11-22-2011, 06:11 PM
What kind of meat is a mince meat pie made of?

:)

---------------

LOL, My roomie has discouraged me from cooking this time out.

I am relagated to making stuffing.:mad:

I can handle rejection, I know I can......

Let me pour some drinks and cut some pie..

Done.

pomtzu
11-23-2011, 06:47 AM

-

Original/authentic MM had beef or venison in it, tho "modern" MM that you buy commercially in the grocery store, doesn't. Probably the only way you would get any with meat, would be to make it yourself from scratch, or find some at a farm market.
I buy it already made - in jars - or sometimes you can still find the dehydrated blocks of it.

Karen
11-24-2011, 04:10 PM

Whatever was handy, traditionally. Chop it up, add all the other stuff and you have mincemeat pie! But usually it was beef, sometimes pork.

Karen
11-25-2011, 12:25 AM
Okay, I have some leftover cookies to share! Anyone want some? There are the soft pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting, toll house cookies without nuts, and brown sugar turkeys.

All yummy with a cup of tea or coffee - your beverage of choice!

Lady's Human
11-25-2011, 01:30 AM
Cookies.....though after a piece of pumpkin and a piece of custard pie, probably the last thing I need.

I'll share the spice cookies as well, and a cup of coffee.

(Shhhh.... I think Orc celebrated a little too hard, he's curled up with LOK on the couhc!)

Pinot's Mom
11-25-2011, 08:17 AM
One of my favorite Holiday leftovers! Crescent rolls split in half toasted with butter, sugar and cinnamon - YUM! I have some with coffee -any takers? I'll be shopping Black Friday on line today. ;)

pomtzu
11-25-2011, 09:13 AM
One of my favorite Holiday leftovers! Crescent rolls split in half toasted with butter, sugar and cinnamon - YUM! I have some with coffee -any takers? I'll be shopping Black Friday on line today. ;)

I'll join you - sounds good.

I'm looking for a few specials on line today, but so far, no great prices on what I'm looking for. Maybe on Cyber Monday I'll get some good deals - I hope. :)