PDA

View Full Version : I'd rather he chew on my shoes.

RICHARD
11-15-2011, 07:02 PM
I wish Tucker would chew my shoes, so I didn't have to take him for a walk.

------------------------

I try to take him out for a walk twice a day, but now am regretting it.

He knows that after breakfast, when I go to the room, he runs to the dorrway and begins to growl and bark.

He knows that as soon as I sit on my bed and grab my shoes, we are going for a w-a-l-k. (I am spelling this, in case he is listening....)

If I get to put my shoes on and get to the front room?

He knows that when I grab my radio and stick the buds in my ear, we are going out.

But the two dead giveaways are my hat and the leash..

He has this funny growl/yawn he does when he gets very excited and does a happy tap dance.

The tap dance is hysterical..

-------------

I almost wish I could go to the room without him hearing me in there.

Sometimes I have to yell at him to calm down, he barks so much and carries on.

If he did chewed up my shoes then I would not be able to take him for a walk.........;)

Karen
11-15-2011, 07:32 PM
You can train him out of the barking part - if he begins to bark when you enter the room, tell him "Hush" and walk away - leave the room. Repeat until he stops barking, and only then does he get his walk!

I know you are not used to training a d-o-g - but he's been training you pretty well, so now it's time to train him! ;)

Scooter's Mom
11-15-2011, 07:35 PM
He knows that as soon as I sit on my bed and grab my shoes, we are going for a w-a-l-k. (I am spelling this, in case he is listening....)

hehehe

Poor Richard, even the doggie has you trained, just like Ed.

Good luck with getting him to eat your shoes :)

Freedom
11-15-2011, 08:48 PM
LOL my 5 also know the "signs!" Isn't is marvelous? LOL

caseysmom
11-15-2011, 10:32 PM
I can't get dressed in the morning without Casey going into happy fits...I am getting a complex.....

pomtzu
11-16-2011, 06:32 AM
See what you've been missing all these years when you were only a cat dad???

RICHARD
11-19-2011, 07:45 AM
See what you've been missing all these years when you were only a cat dad???

Tucker went to the groomers yesterday and when we went to pick him up?

He came from around the corner and was his happy-go-lucky self, but when he saw me? He went up about three notches in attitude.

I had two dogs before the Tuckster.

I guess I just like my mojo...:D

dukedogsmom
11-19-2011, 09:19 AM
You have a dog now? How did this come about and can I see him? I have to spell around Dasher, too. Your life is gonna be so much better :)