PDA

View Full Version : Yodie; update post #25; 12/1

Medusa
11-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Yodie's walking w/her head tilted again and she's scratching at her ear, the same ear that she's had surgery on twice for ear polyps. Dr. Lee is on vacation so I can't get in to see him until the 29th. She doesn't appear to be in pain or anything, which is good. Why do my cats always wait until the holidays to get the serious stuff? Do they not want me to have any extra money or what? I pray that she doesn't have another polyp.

Taz_Zoee
11-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Oh no, I also hope it is not another polyp. I will keep you and Yodie in my thoughts.

catmandu
11-15-2011, 09:34 AM
WE are all praying for Yodie at the Found Cat Hotel, that he will be well. We hate it when Our Little Cat Friends are not well.
:love::love:

momcat
11-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Poor Yodie. I'm so sorry to hear this. Count on my prayers.

lvpets2002
11-15-2011, 09:56 AM
:( Oh no Mary so sorry of Yodie's ear prob again.. Gosh is there anyway you can get to your Vet any sooner?? Is there any left over meds for Yodie.. Poor Baby.. Sending Lots of Prayers from Texas..

Medusa
11-15-2011, 10:17 AM
:( Oh no Mary so sorry of Yodie's ear prob again.. Gosh is there anyway you can get to your Vet any sooner?? Is there any left over meds for Yodie.. Poor Baby.. Sending Lots of Prayers from Texas..

Nope, no leftover meds. I went through every single of them. I cleaned her ears twice but there was nothing there and I can't see anything when I look in her ear. So whatever it is must be way down in there. Ugh. Dr. Lee is gone for vacation and I don't want anyone else to see Yodie. If she were in pain, I'd take her to one of his associates but she isn't so I'll wait.

Catty1
11-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Poor Yodie! Is there any anti-itch spray you could put in her ear? Would that help? Or even a mild pain killer you can give her? (Itching is a form of pain).

HUGS and prayers that whatever Yodie has is easily and affordably treatable.:love::love:

phesina
11-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Good wishes and prayers for Yodie, that this ear itchie is not serious and is easily treated and cured.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Medusa
11-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Poor Yodie! Is there any anti-itch spray you could put in her ear? Would that help? Or even a mild pain killer you can give her? (Itching is a form of pain).

HUGS and prayers that whatever Yodie has is easily and affordably treatable.:love::love:

I might have something for pain leftover from when Boo was sick last year. He died this time of year, right before Thanksgiving and Pidge the year before right before Christmas. I get a little shaky this time of year.

Scooter's Mom
11-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Sending healing thoughts for Yodie, and calming ones for you. ((hugs))
Hope the time before Dr. Lee gets back from vacation is over in the blink of an eye.

kaycountrygal
11-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Sorry to hear that Yodie has an ear problem. I do hope it doesnt get worse and that vet can take care of problem when he returns.

pomtzu
11-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Oh no!!!!! Poor Yodie. I certainly hope it's not another polyp - she certainly has already been thru enough misery with those. And you don't need any more holiday events like you have had the past couple of years either.

Prayers going out to Yodie, and of course to you too, my dear friend. :love:

mrspunkysmom
11-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Prayers and good wishes headed your way. :love:

cassiesmom
11-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Good wishes and prayers for Yodie, that this ear itchie is not serious and is easily treated and cured.

From here too! :love: :love:

krazyaboutkatz
11-16-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( Hopefully it's nothing serious and she'll be okay at least until Dr. Lee comes back. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

katladyd
11-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Sending prayers and good thoughts to you and dear Yodie. I hope it is nothing serious and not another polyp.:love:

Medusa
11-18-2011, 05:12 PM
I found some of her medicine from the last time and even though it's old, I started her on it and it does seem to be helping. She still walks w/her head tilted but she isn't frantically scratching at her ear and rubbing up against the furniture to scratch it. I sure hope that when we see Dr. Lee he says that the meds cleared up whatever it is. Thanx for the prayers and good thoughts, everyone. :love:

Freedom
11-18-2011, 06:40 PM
OOoooooh, hope those take care of the issue.

Soapets
11-20-2011, 02:56 AM
Adding my prayers.....hope things go OK!

Medusa
11-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Yodie's appt. is tomorrow morning. It was originally scheduled for yesterday but the boy was still here so I rescheduled it for tomorrow. Please remember her in your thoughts and prayers. She seems to be doing better but she's still walking w/her head tilted. :( I'll post again when we get home.

Freedom
12-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Yodie, healing thought are coming your way.

Catty1
12-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Prayers for Yodie. :love:

redbird
12-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Good vibes coming for Yodie, hope he'll be ok till he sees the vet.

phesina
12-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Yodie, prayers and healing energies are being sent your way from us!

Medusa
12-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Dr. Lee said that he couldn't see a polyp but her ear was clogged way down deep. No wonder when I cleaned it that nothing came out. I'm always afraid to go down too far. He flushed her ear and gave me meds for her again: ear drops, eye drops and Clindamycin. (I had him check her eye, too, b/c it was looking bad again.)

Five years had passed between the first polyp and the second one but he thinks it may be less time between the second and the next one. I hope not but I'm not going to borrow trouble. He said that she keeps having these ear problems and that probably means that one is growing in there. If so, he hopes that it grows down into her throat as the first one did. It's more difficult to get to the ones that grow into the ear canal as the second one did. Oh, btw, she gained 1 1/2 lbs (she's up to 9 1/2 lbs) so I know that one isn't growing into her throat b/c she would have lost weight due to difficulty in swallowing. She was so thin before the 1st surgery that you could see all her bones even in her face.

Anyhow, for right now, no surgery. Poor Yodie was actually quivering b/c she was so scared. They were able to clip all of her claws w/o so much as a hiss. I'm never that lucky. I can usually do 2 or 3 and then she's ready for war. So thanx for the prayers and healing thoughts, my friends. Yodie thanks you, too.

Freedom
12-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Glad he couldn't see any polyp forming just now. Smooches for Yodie!

Medusa
12-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Glad he couldn't see any polyp forming just now. Smooches for Yodie!

RUKM? She won't let me anywhere near her! LOL

Catty1
12-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Hugs to you and Yodie. I hope she and you both feel better soon!:love:

Medusa
12-01-2011, 06:58 PM
I was annoyed when I got there b/c once I was in a room, a vet tech told me that Dr. Lee was in the middle of a surgery and I'd have to see someone else. I told her that I thought I made it clear that I wanted ONLY Dr. Lee unless he was called away for an emergency. They did this to me once before and I wasn't happy. I waited for half an hour and finally I said that I'd have to see someone b/c I was tired of waiting. Just as another vet came in I heard Dr. Lee say "Where is she? Room 2? Room 2? Where is she?" and the other vet said "Are you finished?" and Dr. Lee brushed past him and came in to see Yodie. I love that man!

He was operating on a fox terrier whose jaw was broken in 3 places. He had to put in 3 wires and do a bone transplant. He said that the poor dog was like that for 2 weeks b/c his owner didn't want to do anything about it but he finally relented. Dr. Lee said that it was an exhausting surgery. (It wasn't an emergency surgery, though, b/c I wouldn't have wanted him to stop and take care of someone else if it was my pet.)

What is wrong w/people? Why would that man let his dog suffer like that for two weeks?

mrspunkysmom
12-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Prayers that Yodie continues to feel better. And prayers for you, too.

redbird
12-03-2011, 01:31 PM
So glad you were able to see your regular Dr. I hope Yodie feels better now and there will be no further polyps in the near future.

I also think the person who made that dog suffer so long is a fool. No animal should suffer longer when there are vets out there to help them.