PDA

View Full Version : Life with Willy

Freedom
11-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Friday morning:

Willy tossed a bunch of stuff off my night table as he reached for one of my socks, which he held high and proudly showed off as he jumped up onto my recliner. When that didn't get him any attention, he trotted into Dad's bedroom, moving the baby gate aside. Stole Dad's undergarment (which I keep TELLING Dad to put in a bag and put out in the trash IMMEDIATELY!). This got my attention, so I went to the fridge for a bit of hot dog -- Willy met me there. Dad scrambled to get the thing, and put it out. Then headed off to the bathroom. I returned to the recliner to finish cleaning up -- Willy hopped up onto Dad's chair, which I TELL HIM TO PUSH IN, onto the table and ate Dad's breakfast. As I charged in hollering at him "OFF! GET DOWN!" he grabbed a card I had all set up for a friend's birthday and took off, shredding it as he ran. I pushed the chair in, started picking up the pieces of card, Willy passed me. I realized I didn't know WHY he would need to go that direction, stopped picking up paper and went to see. He moved another baby gate and was in eating the cat food. Chased him out, using the baby gate to move him -- moving Willy from food is likely to get you a bite! He grumbled and headed out. I reset the gate and went back to pick up the rest of the card. Dad is sitting at the table asking about his breakfast. "Where's Willy?" Dad said he thought he went by. I keep going, Willy is in Dad's bedroom again, Dad hadn't closed the door OR set the gate. He peed on Dad's clothes hamper and was pulling a sock through the grating. I hollered and got him out of there, went to get paper towels and cleaner to work on the hamper. Dad is asking about his breakfast. "I'm BUSY get it yourself!" Sorry, that's what I said, lol. Dad gets up, LEAVES HIS CHAIR OUT, and next thing I hear Dad hollering, "Wlily stop! Willy get down!" I stop what I'm doing again and rush out, now Willy is up on the table snuffling around the plastic flowers (can't keep real one w/ cats.) I get him down and shoo him and Tasha outdoors.

I finished cleaning up everything, got Dad his SECOND breakfast, got my coffe, took the newspaper, let the 2 barking dogs back in and sat in my recliner. Willy hopped up and snuggled between my legs with his head on my belly (this is his favorite position). HE twisted his head and looked up at me with those soft brown eyes of his: "You LOVE me, Mum, Don't Cha?!" :D I'd been up all of 15 minutes and I was sweated up and exhausted! But of course my Willy Boy got a snuggle.

Saturday evening:
We had pizza. The pizza box is on the counter - can't have it on the table, Willy lives here ya know? I took mine and left Dad standing there with his plate, all set, right? Wrong. Dad manages to get 2 slices on his plate and the plate flips and falls to the floor, pizza sides down. (Naturally!) Willy goes FLYING into the kitchen, snags an entire slice and trots under the kitchen table. Dad is hollering at Marlin, Tasha and the rest who now flocked in to see what was happening. I get up and go to help, but have to take my plate with me and set it on the counter, as leaving it on the table is risky. Shoo the dogs and cats away, Dad gets the rest of it up, Marlin moves in to clean the floor. I walk over, bend down and look at Willy under the table, chewing on HIS slice. Get a deep growl for me efforts. "I didn't say a WORD, Willy, be quiet and enjoy your prize!" I left. Dad asks why I'm letting him have it? "Because I value my fingers more!" As the other dogs wants to check what he had, Willy took his slice and trotted into the other room, hopped up on Dad's recliner and stood facing the chair back -- Tasha has been known to walk by and pull a toy from his mouth if he is sitting facing out. Willy happily ate his piece of pizza.

There was a whole of antics in between these 2 events -- never a dull moment with Willy Dog in the house! But you get the idea.

Roxyluvsme13
11-13-2011, 10:10 AM
I don't know how you're not going completely crazy! LOL. On the bright side, at least you're getting plenty of exercise with Willy there :D.

pomtzu
11-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Ah yes - the permanent, naughty 2 year old................:D:D:D:D:D

Scooter's Mom
11-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Willy and his antics remind me of my old dog I had growing up, Shorty. His saving grace was his immense love & loyalty to me. :) He was always getting into something.

Sounds like you've had a busy weekend!

Bonny
11-13-2011, 12:00 PM
ROFL! Willy & my grandson should team up. Exhaustion is right! :eek:

kaycountrygal
11-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Sorry but I'm laughing. My Goodness, WHAT A JOB you have with Willy and the rest of the crew. Willy is a challenge, isnt he? I dont think I would have the energy (or patience) to take care of pets at your place. Thanks for sharing.

krazyaboutkatz
11-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Wow and I thought that my 6 cats kept me busy.:eek: I was getting exhausted just reading your post.;) I guess there's never a dull moment in your home now that Willy's in it.:)

Alysser
11-13-2011, 05:14 PM
I am sitting here in the car dying laughing, because not only is this absolute hysterical but this is MIKEY to a T. I cant tell you how many things he's done in a matter of 15 minutes. Wait till the christmas decorations come out LOL. Oh willy! You bad boy, santa will still treat ya to something special:) the card thing is exactly what my little pain in the a$$ does too! Glad i have someone to endure the pain with!

Freedom
11-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Glad i have someone to endure the pain with!

Sure, anytime, glad to sympathize with ya! LOL. Willy has lived here 17 months, and this is what it is like most days. I already had 4 bichons, plus Ozzy at Rainbow Bridge, I never expected THIS! Ha ha haaa

Daisy and Delilah
11-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Just when I thought your house is totally calm, Sandie. Unreal!! Sorry but I can't stop laughing. What an entertainer!! :D

Varga
11-15-2011, 01:10 AM
lol, what a little BUTT he is! :D Well, at least it keeps you fit right? haha

Freedom
11-15-2011, 07:59 AM
Yes, we DO love this boy, ha haa. Dad and I often say 2 things:

- he must have driven that older couple (his first home, for 7 years) absolutely crazy!

- little did we realize how much "free time" we had before he arrived here!

lizbud
11-15-2011, 09:29 AM
I don't know how you're not going completely crazy! LOL. On the bright side, at least you're getting plenty of exercise with Willy there :D.

Ditto.:D Wow, how do you keep up with him? Does Willy do any agility
or take lonnnnng walks to tire him out? LOL :)

wolf_Q
11-15-2011, 09:45 AM
I've always called Keva my naughty one but that makes her look like an absolute angel. :eek: The food thing reminds me of the poodle I grew up with, Smokey. He'd steal food any chance he got and you'd have to be crazy to reach a hand in to take it from him. He's the reason I worked so hard with my dogs as pups to be able to take food from them without a fight.

Freedom
11-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Lizbud, Willy DOES do Agility, AND we all walk 2 miles daily weather permitting!

chocolatepuppy
11-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Wow and I thought Jake was bad!!!:eek::D

Asiel
11-15-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm so sorry for falling off my chair laughing but that was hysterical. I just don't know how you manage to move fast enough to keep up wilth Willy. He doesn't sound like a cute little white poodle but a huge fierce whatever breed :D
You should start a diary of your everyday experiences with Willy, it might be a best seller some day :D

Freedom
11-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks, Asiel. Oh, BTW, he is NOT a poodle, he is a bichon frise'!

cassiesmom
11-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Sweet, spunky, energetic Willy! I'm with Asiel-- perhaps you and your mum should write a blog :D