PDA

View Full Version : Willy and the Pet Communicator - Thanks, Karen!!

Freedom
11-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Earlier this week, our very own Mayor, Karen, asked me if Willy could be on her radio show, as she is having a Pet Communicator as a guest. :cool:

Sure! I was asked to send along his birth date, a short bio, and 5 questions I want to ask Willy. Also, I was to send along one thing I want to TELL Willy.

If you are a regular on here, you know Willy - he is a fun bichon, but wow he is a challenge to cope with!

So, the Pet Communicator says Willy is and will always want to be BOSS, a "naughty two year old." :D He needs boundaries, and at times a time out to get across to him that what he did is NOT acceptable. This is going to a life long work, not just a "teach him now and we are all set" type of situation. :eek: OK, so now I know, he heee.

I mentioned that I have "a few cats," and that Willy barks at them and chases them. The thing I wanted to TELL him is to leave them be, and live with them. WELL!! Comes back this reply: Willy does not like cats, and one cat in particular really he can't stand. YES! I hadn't said a word about that one cat he goes berserk over: CRYSTAL! ( Yes, of course it is the CALICO, and it is partly her fault, she sits and STARES at him until he flips!)

I had asked if I could PLEASE be allowed to clip his nails. Answer: NO! A resounding, clear, not-open-to-discussion NO! LOL

Since Marlin has bad hips, now I see hip issues in all dogs -- not just mine, but every dog I meet. So I asked if his hips bother him, particularly in Agility. Answer: hips are OK, but his left shoulder needs some attention. What? I had no idea! So I'll have to see about addressing this.

Now I know I have a "naughty two year old" on my hands for the next 10 years or so (give or take 2 years) I guess I will have to change MY attitude, lol.

This was a fun exercise, I can't thank Karen enough for asking for Willy's input. :love:

Karen
11-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks, and I am glad you enjoyed it. I had a chuckle when she said Willy is like a permanent naughty 2-year-old, and hope that putting him in a "time out" will help! We all know what a rascal he is.

I did like what she said about you telling Willy snuggling with your Dad is part of his job to make your dad feel better, rather than thinking he's on your dad's lap so he is boss!

cassiesmom
11-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Awwww, Wilfred-Edward! I don't think you are a 'naughty two-year-old'; I think you are a strong-willed Bichon guy! HUGS to you, Marlin Darlin and your sisters, and your kitty-siblings :love: :love: :love:!