PDA

View Full Version : #454 #454 do I hear #455

gini
11-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Let's pack up the group at the bar and go to one of the local auctions.
Sorry, no hard liquor allowed on the bus - but there must be something else you can bring along with you aside from water. I've made some sandwiches, have some chips and pickles and some fresh cookies to
snack on.

Has anyone here gone to a good auction that you could tell us about?

pomtzu
11-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Well - this isn't what you'd call an auction, but we have a place here in Dover called Spences Bazaar (flea market). If you want it - they have it. There are booths set up inside a couple of buildings, and also outside tables. You can get everything from a haircut, to having your antique vacuum fixed, to picking up all the fixins for an awesome meal. Lots of fresh produce all summer, and a lot of Amish vendors selling home cured hams, fresh baked pies and breads, hand made furniture, hand stitched quilts, fresh made candies - and I could go on and on. The smaller table vendors sell anything from used books to trinkets to just plain junk! :eek:
I love to go there this time of year and pick up an Amish ham - and just wander around and smell all the luscious smells. I'm hungry just thinking of it. ;)

Karen
11-10-2011, 03:51 PM
We've had auctions at the church, and it's always interesting to see what gets bid up! Besides the Red Sox tickets ... and I once got my Dad an X X Large Red Sox jacket - insulated windbreaker kind - for $25, when it retailed for ten times that!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-10-2011, 04:20 PM
I don't go to auctions myself but love watching Storage Wars on TV. Does that help? :D Can I have a cherry rootbeer ? :love:

gini
11-10-2011, 05:24 PM
cherry root beers and a television for Moff............

Hurry up the bus is filling fast...............we will stop at several places so
remember to bring $$ or leave it at home - whatever works!

RICHARD
11-11-2011, 09:56 AM
cherry root beers and a television for Moff............

Hurry up the bus is filling fast...............we will stop at several places so
remember to bring $$ or leave it at home - whatever works!

LOL, my love is watching Antiques Roadshow, Auction Wars and to a lesser degree the Pawn show.

To me the ARS is like a game show, I am pretty good at guessing the prices of some things and suck at others.

Last night I was watching the ARS "Junk in the Trunk" special, It was a show with stuff that didn't make the original shows.

One person had a set of six prints that were done for some kind of tourist deal for a city.

They asked 6 different artists to do a print, and then packaged them as a set.

When the appraiser costed out the prints he started at three hundred for the first one.....the last one, the one that I liked, went for 25,000 dollars. :eek::D

I am not a 'artsy' kind of guy, but I was pretty amazed that I picked out the 'best' one of the bunch.

I may have an eye for art, but I sure cannot 'toe the line'..:rolleyes::(:eek:

-----------------------------

I will drive and entertain the passsengers......DONE!

slick
11-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Auction, bus?????....Pfffffff

I want to stay behind the drink! Anyone with me??? Well OK. There are only two occasions when I drink. When I'm alone, or when I'm with someone. :rolleyes::D

So bartender, before you take off, make sure the bar is loaded. I'm coming in for the kill.:eek:

Pinot's Mom
11-13-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm with Slick!:D

Karen
11-13-2011, 08:30 AM
The joy of a bus ride is no one needs be sober but the driver! So you ladies can have your booze and still ride if'n'ya want, but then again, attending auctions drunk could be dangerous - to the wallet!

Mulled cider anyone, on this crisp autumn morning?

RICHARD
11-15-2011, 07:03 PM
I have been MIA lately, sorry kiddies!

I have been a little preoccupied, but am back in the game.

Orc?
Turn on the lights and get that fire place started!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-15-2011, 07:27 PM
I have been MIA lately, sorry kiddies!

I have been a little preoccupied, but am back in the game.

Orc?
Turn on the lights and get that fire place started!

DONE!

Welcome back!!!

Dancing with the stars will be on soon. I'll fix some popcorn. :) The fire feels good. We have a cold spell moving in. Going to go from 70 today to mid 30s tonight and 20s tomorrow night.

Orc give me that remote control. No switching channels in the middle of dancing with the stars. :love:

slick
11-16-2011, 02:04 AM
Hmmmmm, Richard's been preoccupied???? Perhaps with :love:??????;)

One Vodka and OJ for me pleeze???? Still on vacation but doc's appointment was not that great. Blood pressure going up and I assume it's from stress. Need to do something about that besides hitting the gym 4-5 times a week.

Will be posting some of my christmas pictures soon... :)

RICHARD
11-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Hmmmmm, Richard's been preoccupied???? Perhaps with :love:??????;)

One Vodka and OJ for me pleeze???? Still on vacation but doc's appointment was not that great. Blood pressure going up and I assume it's from stress. Need to do something about that besides hitting the gym 4-5 times a week.

Will be posting some of my christmas pictures soon... :)

I am a little preoccupied with some legal stuff - the probate for my mom's estate is going to be settle w/in the next three to six weeks, I am job searching and trying to figure out what the holidays hold in store.

Let me pour some drinks and come back later on in the p.m. to check up on y'all.

Karen
11-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Cider, please, if you're pouring!

RICHARD
11-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Cider, please, if you're pouring!

One cider and a choco chip cookie...

Done!

catland
11-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Darn it. I missed the bus:eek::eek:

Karen
11-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Hang on catland - I think they're making another loop, and I'll make sure they open the door so you can hop in! Or, you can hang out here with me and Lady by the fire, good for skritches on a rainy November afternoon!

RICHARD
11-16-2011, 08:44 PM
My roomie told me about a man who bid and won a storage locker auction with a 500k pay out.....

:eek:

I'll pick you up...

cassiesmom
11-16-2011, 08:59 PM
It's almost time for #455... and it's a balmy 30 degrees F in Chicago tonight. I had 2 hours of inservice training on substance abuse and dependence today, and it was pretty intense; so, may I have a Peppermint Patty, please.

1 ounce peppermint Schnapps
1 cup hot chocolate
Whipped cream, for garnish

Add 1 ounce of peppermint Schnapps to a (1-cup) serving of hot chocolate and stir. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and serve immediately.

And now, a brief Thanksgiving joke:
Did you hear about the turkey who got into a bar fight? He had the stuffing knocked out of him :rolleyes:

RICHARD
11-17-2011, 08:59 AM
It's almost time for #455... and it's a balmy 30 degrees F in Chicago tonight. I had 2 hours of inservice training on substance abuse and dependence today, and it was pretty intense; so, may I have a Peppermint Patty, please.

1 ounce peppermint Schnapps
1 cup hot chocolate
Whipped cream, for garnish

Add 1 ounce of peppermint Schnapps to a (1-cup) serving of hot chocolate and stir. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and serve immediately.

And now, a brief Thanksgiving joke:
Did you hear about the turkey who got into a bar fight? He had the stuffing knocked out of him :rolleyes:

LOLOLOLOL,

I had to laugh at your joke and you coming out of a SA and D meeting wanting a peppermint pattie....

I just have one word to say and that is DONE!:D