PDA

View Full Version : Christmas shopping?

sparks19
11-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Anyone started? anyone done?

I'm actually almost done. I only have a few small things left to get for family, Brians gifts and that's pretty much it. Hannah is pretty much completely shopped for and then some lol but if I happen across anymore good deals I may indulge lol. Honestly I've never been done this early. so this is awesome and the BEST part is I barely spent $100 on everything I got her. Same with the rest of the gifts for family. If I've spent $200 so far I'll be surprised

there is only one other thing I REALLY want to get Hannah still

http://img3.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.193523811.jpg

That dress is just so incredibly beautiful and I've wanted to get it for her for a long time. That dress is $45 and by FAR the most expensive Christmas gifts I've gotten her so far. Everything else I've purchased for a steal.

But it is nice to know when you picked out a REALLY good gift. I bought her a pink piano for christmas. We went to a consignment shop one day and there it was and Hannah went right up to it and started playing it. I went back a few days later without her and bought it :) I had been looking for one for a long time and this one was perfect. Yesterday we went back to that consignment shop and first thing Hannah said was "HEY where did the piano go?" I told her someone must have bought it.... TEEHEE

So how about everyone else?

caseysmom
11-09-2011, 01:11 PM
I have done quite a bit for the twins and some for their mom, my other daughter is hard to buy for. I have finished a few other folks on my list also....I have to straggle it out over a few months so its not too much all at once....

caseysmom
11-09-2011, 01:19 PM
By the way that dress is gorgeous...and we need a picture of the piano....

Alysser
11-09-2011, 02:11 PM
The dress is adorable! She will LOVE it! Is the Disney trip in Jan a Christmas gift? Does she know about it? :D I like seeing videos of kids opening a gift that says "we're going to disney world", best reactions ever.

My family isn't doing "huge" gifts this year, because we're going on a cruise in January (10 days..paid for by my parents). I am buying myself an Iphone, so that's my big gift to myself. I am going to buy gift cards for my brother, that's all he ever wants. I spent over $70 on my sister for her birthday, so I don't know what to get her. So no, I haven't started at all. I think me and my siblings are going to go big for my parents but am not sure yet..

chocolatepuppy
11-09-2011, 02:12 PM
I've got a good start. Don't buy that many gifts, so it's easy.;)

sparks19
11-09-2011, 02:30 PM
By the way that dress is gorgeous...and we need a picture of the piano....

Here is a picture of the piano (not my photo but the same piano)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/416QZZPRY2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The dress is adorable! She will LOVE it! Is the Disney trip in Jan a Christmas gift? Does she know about it? :D I like seeing videos of kids opening a gift that says "we're going to disney world", best reactions ever.

No it's not really a christmas gift. She knows about it lol... I am not capable of keeping that a secret lol. we are already counting down (73 days!!!)

pomtzu
11-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Bah-humbug!!! :( I've bought one gift so far, and I'm at a total loss as to what to get anyone. Luckily I don't have a lot to buy for - just son & DIL, 2 grandkids, one "almost like a grandkid", my DIL's mother, and my brother. Of course the puppers and some other doggie friends, but I make them homemade doggie cookies! :) I found a super soft and plush doggie pillow/bed for my 2 - they will love it I think. At least Sparky will, for sure. :D

Asiel
11-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Most of mine is finished. Just have our DIL left but I know what I'm getting her so just a matter of picking it up. The kids are done as well as the grandkids, except the oldest, but I've got hers on order so it could be counted as finished.

HoochsMommiee
11-09-2011, 08:35 PM
havent started only have hubby mum& furkds

hubby is the worst 2 buy 4 will give him cash mum smelly things like vanillia candles

furkis toys treats N new collars

Freedom
11-09-2011, 08:44 PM
I don't have to buy except for Dad and myself (he can't do it anymore and always says for me to buy myself something). My biggest "event" of the pre season is the photo for cards -- and I have NO plan for it yet! Last year it was all done and on order by now, and I just discovered today I completely missed the photo shoot this year. :eek: I've had outfits for the dogs since Jan, so that isn't the issue. Starting to worry about this! LOL, and I have signed up for TWO card swaps so I best stop worrying and start thinking.

luvofallhorses
11-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Not yet, but will start soon!

prechrswife
11-09-2011, 10:01 PM
I've bought a few things for the kids, but that's it. My husband and I are planning to do some shopping this weekend.

caseysmom
11-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Here is a picture of the piano (not my photo but the same piano)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/416QZZPRY2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

No it's not really a christmas gift. She knows about it lol... I am not capable of keeping that a secret lol. we are already counting down (73 days!!!)

Very cute, how big is it?

sparks19
11-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Very cute, how big is it?

Its a good size. About 2feet tall. Its very cute

caseysmom
11-10-2011, 01:17 AM
Oh thats exciting, in the pic it looks barbie size...where did you hide it?

sparks19
11-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Oh thats exciting, in the pic it looks barbie size...where did you hide it?

O yeah it's a big one that she can sit in front of and play :)

I hid it downstairs in the garage LOL

redbird
11-10-2011, 12:17 PM
I don't buy very much anymore. Living on a fixed income doesn't let me do what I want. When I do a little shopping, it's ordered from QVC or HSN because I stopped fighting those crowds many years ago. At this date I have not ordered anything yet.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/caroltree/Holidays/cc.gif

snakemama
11-10-2011, 07:32 PM
My family is doing a "stimulate the local economy" Christmas. Everyone is shopping at local family-owned stores and buynig gift cards for local businesses. So far, I've bought several passes for a bath house that my friends and family and myself all love. I may have to go back for more...any maybe a few for myself.

catnapper
11-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Since nobody is getting or giving gifts, I'm done :p

Though of course Cameron gets gifts. We got tons of stuff from clearance centers. I spent a whole $40 since July and have tons of things for him to open. The only thing I want to get is a box of generic Lego bricks, and I'm hoping to find them on Freecycle.

caseysmom
11-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Tanya, I bought something for the twins and thought of you. I don't know if you go to costco but I got a disney princess blanket for about 12 dollars, it is HUGE. It has three princesses on it.

Alysser
11-15-2011, 11:38 AM
I bought my Dad one of his gifts from Amazon. It's a remote control helicopter, he says he wanted one to annoy my mom with and it's small enough to fly in the house, so I bought it:D. Mikey is getting 2 stuffless toys, since he tears everything else up. I bought my sister some Minnie socks from target, but will get her more stuff. Still have no clue what to get my mom or my brother.