PDA

View Full Version : Either I'm a total moron...

wolf_Q
11-11-2002, 12:34 AM
Or it was a little miracle? lol

I graduated from High School last May. There was a lot of stuff going on the night after graduation, and lots of confusion also. I realized a few days after that I could not find my High School Diploma. I had been in and out of cars, handed stuff to my parents to carry, etc. that night, and I had no idea what had happened. Well, I was very upset about losing this, and so were my parents. My mom and I tore my room completely apart searching for it....we looked EVERYWHERE (even under the bed ha ha). I *know* that I looked very hard on my computer desk, because that's where I originally thought I had put it!

That was obviously several months ago, and I was still upset about it, but not something I was thinking about all the time or anything. Well for a while now I have been cleaning out my room (throwing tons of stuff away, completely changing a lot of things). And I was sitting on my bed, and actually I was looking at some of my graduation cards and stickers, wondering where to put them. I looked over to my computer, and saw something. Could it be? RIGHT THERE, on top of my computer desk...was my diploma. I mean it was like 3 inches away from the screen, right next to things I use all the time, like the mug with pens in it, notepads, etc. I could not believe it! Could I REALLY be that blind not to see it all this time? I KNOW I looked there before! It was in plain sight!

I haven't decided yet if I am just completely stupid.....or maybe it really *was* a little miracle. :D

Fuzzy317
11-11-2002, 01:13 AM
Do you have a little sister or little brother (more likely)?

The reason why ask, is my fiancee has a necklace with a locket of some gold flakes we got from Gold Panning in Dahlonega, Georgia. She always puts in the same place (her jewelry box)when she takes it off, and it came up missing. We both looked for it through the entire room, including her jewelry box several times.

It just happened to be in her jewelry box one day, in plain sight. We are not really sure, but we bet our youngest son took it to show it off to his friends.

I wonder if thats what happened to your diploma?

wolf_Q
11-11-2002, 01:23 AM
No, actually, I'm the youngest. My brother and sister are both 22. My sister doesn't even live at my house, lol. I don't think anybody in my family would have taken it, they really had no reason to.

Fuzzy317
11-11-2002, 01:27 AM
You may be right, that was just a disappearing/re-appearing act that happened at our house. :)

toughCookie
11-11-2002, 03:20 AM
well it could be a small miracle, if you were worried over it for a long time...did you say a prayer to the patron saint of lost items? I think it is Saint Anthony but Im not sure, shame on me. I should know because I am always losing things!

things seem to go like that alot, if you are looking for something, you will not find it till you aren't looking for it anymore, or are looking for something else!
anyway glad you found it, are you going to frame it?

jenluckenbach
11-11-2002, 06:52 AM
didn't you know that there are little people that "build" each minute of each day and sometimes they forget to put something in that was just there a minute ago???
never saw it go on for months though.
LOL

Chinadoll
11-11-2002, 09:54 AM
That reminds me of what happenned to my house key. I went out one night and didn't want to take a purse so I stuck my ID, credit card and housekey(that I knew I should have never taken off my keyring) in my jeans pocket. I know I had the key when I got home because I obviously used it to open the door, but the next morning when I looked on my dresser where my ID and credit card was from emptying my pockets...no key. I looked everywhere...I knew it was in the house...I just couldn't understand how everything else was on the dresser but not the key. I finally gave up and had a couple extra keys made. Well...3 months later as I was getting into bed, I felt something cold fall across my leg. I jumped up panicked because I thought it was a bug... Low and behold it was my lost house key laying in my bed. I have no idea how it got there. It couldn't have been in the bed all that time because all the sheets and blankets had been washed numerous times since I lost it. To this day, it's a mystery to me...of course, I just blamed it on the ghost. ;)

gini
11-11-2002, 10:06 AM
My neighbor inherited a beautiful amethyst ring from her mother. It meant a great deal to her as her mother had passed away.

One day she looked at her hand and the stone was gone from the ring. She was just sick and looked everywhere for it. She had been driving the day she lost it, so she literally tore the car apart looking for the stone. She never found it.

Months - Months later she got into her car one morning and the stone was sitting in the middle of the passenger side on the seat. She likes to believe her mother put it there because she was so distraught over losing it.

jenluckenbach
11-11-2002, 11:18 AM
what a lovely thought

toughCookie
11-12-2002, 01:10 AM
didn't you know that there are little people that "build" each minute of each day and sometimes they forget to put something in that was just there a minute ago???

LOL like the borrowers? they can be bad about returning things sometimes! :eek: :D

toughCookie
11-12-2002, 01:13 AM
maybe her mother did put it there, that is a lovely thought, I agree. strange things happen sometimes!