PDA

View Full Version : May not be on PT for a while due to the New England storm

ToBeEvergreen
11-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Hey all, over here in CT, the storm (Alfred, I think?) ripped down some cable and power lines, and I'm currently without regular internet access (and heat, and light...). We're roughing it out here. My college had two days off due to storm damage around campus. Now I'm back (and typing from a computer lab in here). I can't go off and find internet elsewhere with my laptop, as someone may have broken my laptop by accident- I have to have someone look at it this weekend. If it's broken for good, I won't be on PT as frequently, maybe not at all.

So I'm just taking a little "vacation" from here and may check back every so often when I get the chance. Once the craziness is all over, I will show you all some pictures of the storm damage (and Cassie absolutely LOVING the snow). Until then, I've got to focus on school and making sure all my fuzzies and feather/scaly little things are all doing okay in light of the storm. I'll tell you, both dogs come to bed and they are great heat generators. I have them, Mario and Toby on my bed most nights. We've been without power or anything since Saturday night.

I hope to be checking back here soon! I'll see you all then.
-Sarah

Karen
11-02-2011, 04:38 PM
They didn't bother to name this storm! Glad you are okay, and that Cassie's enjoying the snow, at any rate! We got such wildly varying snow totals from this storm - my dad got about ten inches, and my brother, one town south, got 3!

Freedom
11-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Keep safe and warm!

smokey the elder
11-03-2011, 07:30 AM
I have a name for the storm: "Paininthebutt"!