PDA

View Full Version : Alexander Bernard trial is over!!!

moosmom
11-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Went to court yesterday. After his treatment at Connecticut Valley Hospital, the judge deemed Bernard competent. Judge Scarpellino sentenced him to 1 year in prison, suspended after 4 months, which means he goes back to jail for 4 more months. AND...he is required to check into an in-patient mental health facility for more treatment. He will be on 3 years probation, and is to have no contact with any animals, nor is he to own any animals.

His mother came up from NC and asked the judge if he would allow her to bring him back to NC and Scarpellino said no.

All in all, I'm happy with Scarpellino's decision. Bernard has so far served 4 months in prison, 2 additional months in a psychiatric facility, and will now serve an additional 4 months, plus more time in a mental health facility.

Bernard did apologize for what he did. I'm SO glad this is over!!!

Karen
11-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Sounds like a good result, thanks for letting us know.

Randi
11-02-2011, 12:56 PM
I agree it's a good result, and I hope he never gets near an animal again!

phesina
11-02-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm glad this is done, and I'm glad that guy gets some punishment and treatment. With luck he will never harm another animal again.

redbird
11-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Fantastic news, his man deserves every bit of what he is getting. Thanks for the info.