PDA

View Full Version : Whoooooaaaaaaa

wombat2u2004
11-01-2011, 09:42 AM
The mind boggles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dYmxjcs7WY&feature=related

lizbud
11-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Pitiful.:( Let's hear it for the free market economy. BOO!!!

IRescue452
11-01-2011, 02:11 PM
True this. Just like food. There's enough to feed the poor, but we (government mostly) stockpile it and pay farmers not to grow it so that we can control it. And money, there's enough of that to go around but its privately stockpiled. And medicine of course. I was just thinking randomly last night how can there be a shortage of antivenom when it comes from snakes and there are plenty of snakes to go around? Because somebody owns the plans on how to make it and the average joe wouldn't get their antivenom approved by the government if they didn't have millions to get it through the red tape and greedy hands. Somebody owns the plans to the chemo drugs too.

Lady's Human
11-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Chemo drugs and antivenom meds all took someone money and time to develop. For the time the patents hold, the people who developed the drugs deserve to be compensated. After that, they are open for generics to produce.

I wouldn't WANT mr "average Joe's" antivenom or chemo drugs, thank you.

What are you, wom, a darned communist, not wanting the drug co's to have their shot at a fair profit?

lizbud
11-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Chemo drugs and antivenom meds all took someone money and time to develop. For the time the patents hold, the people who developed the drugs deserve to be compensated. After that, they are open for generics to produce.

What are you, wom, a damned communist, not wanting the drug co's to have their shot at a fair profit?

Did you even listen to the film? These companies bought up the med
supplies to make them scarce in the market, then mark up the prices
some 650%. They didn't make the drugs, they just bought up the
available supply in order to sell again at marked up prices. Nothing "fair"
about it.

happylabs
11-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Doesn't surprise me one bit. The drug companies are greedy. I don't trust them at all. I wish I could use only natural vitamins and herbs and not need any synthetic meds. I could probably do it if I would eat better and exercise more. Should be my New Year's resolution but I should start now.

As far as the comment about Wom being a communist. Very inappropriate. You need to retract that one.

Lady's Human
11-01-2011, 06:33 PM
As far as the comment about Wom being a communist. Very inappropriate. You need to retract that one.

When hell freezes over.

It's perfectly legitimate when directed at me, it's perfectly legitimate when tossed at others as well.

Don't like it? Cry me a river.

Karen
11-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Everybody should stop with the name-calling, folks!

wombat2u2004
11-01-2011, 09:18 PM

What are you, wom, a darned communist, not wanting the drug co's to have their shot at a fair profit?

So you're saying.......this is not fraud ???

wombat2u2004
11-01-2011, 09:19 PM

I said that ??? Where ???

wombat2u2004
11-01-2011, 09:22 PM

Not really. I've been called all kinds of things in my life, it's just wind. ;)

happylabs
11-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Everybody should stop with the name-calling, folks!

Agreed! This is a family friendly site for people who share the love of our pets. It is supposed to be a place, I believe, that we can come to and feel good about something.

sparks19
11-01-2011, 10:13 PM
I don't think its been that kind of place for quite a while

Karen
11-01-2011, 10:20 PM

But it is up to all of us to get it back to that!

Lady's Human
11-01-2011, 10:59 PM
So you're saying.......this is not fraud ???

No more so than certain business practices you find perfectly legitimate. It all depends on who's ox is being gored..........

wombat2u2004
11-02-2011, 03:54 AM
No more so than certain business practices you find perfectly legitimate. It all depends on who's ox is being gored..........

Perfectly legitimate ?? The law says it IS.
You want fraud and corruption ?? Go check out the unions. I'm sure you will find lots of reading there.

Lady's Human
11-02-2011, 07:33 AM
You as much as admitted to overbilling insurance corporations, and then brushed over it by deflection, stating that we shouldn't be concerned about it, you're in Australia, it's not going to affect us in the states......

Got news for you. The biggest insurer in Australia for general, business and property insurance is the Australian subsidiary to AIG. You might have seen them in the news, the US spent more than $100 Billion bailing the parent company out.

smokey the elder
11-02-2011, 07:35 AM
The President has created an executive order to prevent the "grey marketeers" from profiteering off the scarce drugs. I'm not sure how enforceable this is.

I don't want to start a flame war about the drug companies, but people's ignorance about the drug discovery and development process is truly disturbing.

wombat2u2004
11-02-2011, 08:53 AM
You as much as admitted to overbilling insurance corporations, and then brushed over it by deflection, stating that we shouldn't be concerned about it, you're in Australia, it's not going to affect us in the states......

Got news for you. The biggest insurer in Australia for general, business and property insurance is the Australian subsidiary to AIG. You might have seen them in the news, the US spent more than $100 Billion bailing the parent company out.

That's not news to me. Australian insurance companies have been underwritten by US companies since the beginning of time. Do you think for a moment that I don't know my OWN business ??? Believe me LH, in MY business I would leave you FAR FAR behind.
I as much admitted overbilling ??? No no no...I ADMITTED overbilling, "as much" doesn't even come into it.
And I admit yet again that I overbilled the insurance companies. Three times more, four times more, five times more....thousands and thousands of dollars I have milked out of them. And do you know what ??? Not once did I deal with an insurance broker behind closed doors so that he would get a share of the action. You think that does'nt go on ???? It goes on ALL of the time. Yeah, the insurance reps rip their own companies off. And all of the while the insurance companies are ripping us off, every single step of the way. And the scumbags even manage to have payment of their huge premiums legislated. Yep, so we don't have a choice but to pay. And the premiums are ALL the same over the spread of insurers, who by the way are supposed to be competitive....go figure.
My pricing structure in my business made allowances for those of us who are not so fortunate as multi million dollar corporations. I had no fixed rate. People paid according to my estimation of their capacity. So old mate, a lot of blue collared workers benefited greatly from my building expertise and my generosity..... a lot more than they would even get from your so called honest corporations.

So my dear friend, shove all of that in your pipe and smoke it. And the next time you, including your other two know it all mates accuse ME of fraud, I will send it right back at ya three fold.

Lady's Human
11-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Ah yes, the sainted small business fraudster complaining about union tactics......

Got news for ya, *******, not all unions are corrupt, but you certainly seem to know corruption from a far more personal standpoint than anyone else on the board.

As the saying goes, it takes one to know one.

wombat2u2004
11-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Ah yes, the sainted small business fraudster complaining about union tactics......

Got news for ya, *******, not all unions are corrupt, but you certainly seem to know corruption from a far more personal standpoint than anyone else on the board.

As the saying goes, it takes one to know one.

Well it must, if you say so, public service lackey !!!!

sparks19
11-02-2011, 09:36 AM
LOL you guys are worse than a couple of women in a cat fight

happylabs
11-02-2011, 10:10 AM

But it is up to all of us to get it back to that!

I totally agree with you Karen.

I know in another forum I belong to when things get out of hand, the thread gets locked and no one continue to post in that thread.

I think these boys need to take this discussion "outside".

wombat2u2004
11-02-2011, 11:41 AM
I totally agree with you Karen.

I know in another forum I belong to when things get out of hand, the thread gets locked and no one continue to post in that thread.

I think these boys need to take this discussion "outside".

Hey now........I never started this.
If anything is to be done to anyone, then I suggest you all do a bit of backtracking and I think you'll find that I was the one attacked in the first place.
I suggest something be done or said to the original perpetrators.
I have been accused of criminal action.....of course I'm going to retaliate.
I'm getting a bit jack of being PM'd for every single thing that is supposedly out of line, that I say.
I suggest to the mayor that she say something to ES, Puckstop and LH, because THEY are the troublemakers around here, they always have been, and the whole bloody forum knows it.

Lady's Human
11-02-2011, 11:56 AM
If anything is to be done to anyone, then I suggest you all do a bit of backtracking and I think you'll find that I was the one attacked in the first place.
I'm getting a bit jack of being PM'd for every single thing that is supposedly out of line, that I say.
I suggest to the mayor that she say something to ES, Puckstop and LH, because THEY are the troublemakers around here, they always have been, and the whole bloody forum knows it.

You accuse people of being corrupt, start haranguing the board on the evils of unions non stop, and everyone else is the trouble maker?

:D

happylabs
11-02-2011, 12:41 PM

You could just not respond to the posts. It would end the discussion quickly.

K9soul
11-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Why are gender references always brought up when it is two men arguing?

lizbud
11-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Why are gender references always brought up when it is two men arguing?

Maybe the person never saw two Toms fight. The sounds they make is
enough to curl your hair.:eek::eek:

smokey the elder
11-02-2011, 02:16 PM
"Worst case of testosterone poisoning I've ever seen!" Lt. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5:D:p

happylabs
11-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Maybe the person never saw two Toms fight. The sounds they make is
enough to curl your hair.:eek::eek:

Meowwwwwrrrrrowwwwwwwwwww...........

sparks19
11-02-2011, 03:14 PM
I like gender references :) I have not experienced two tom's fight but I have heard two raccoons go at it and that's scary enough lol definitely not getting close enough to find out the gender though. But I have seen guys fight and girls fight and the girls are definitely more vicious lol and hold a grudge. Men... I don't know how they do it. they pummel each other and then somehow end up having a beer together. It's just odd lol.

As for who started it... I don't think it really matters who starts it. when two children argue and mom tells them to stop does "He started it" EVER work? no lol usually both children are equally punished because they both engaged in the argument. I don't think any one of us is purely innocent :)

Alysser
11-02-2011, 03:47 PM
You don't even need an ignore list..just a mouse to scroll right on by.:D Trust me, it works, I've been doin' it all my time on this forum and plenty others.

wombat2u2004
11-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Don't you lie to me, you arrogant bloody yank.
You and your mates started this.

You accuse people of being corrupt, start haranguing the board on the evils of unions non stop, and everyone else is the trouble maker?

:D

wombat2u2004
11-02-2011, 08:29 PM
You could just not respond to the posts. It would end the discussion quickly.

Depends for how long one can suffer fools.

sparks19
11-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Why is this being allowed to continue? This is just getting juvenile

Lady's Human
11-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Don't you lie to me, you arrogant bloody yank.
You and your mates started this.

It must be wonderful to be able to be so willfully ignorant. How do you do it?

As to being an arrogant yankee, yankee yes, arrogant no. We all know you aussies have an inferiority complex a mile wide due to your ancestors being tossed on the rock by the poms.

happylabs
11-03-2011, 07:27 AM
It must be wonderful to be able to be so willfully ignorant. How do you do it?

As to being an arrogant yankee, yankee yes, arrogant no. We all know you aussies have an inferiority complex a mile wide due to your ancestors being tossed on the rock by the poms.

LOL...now I am starting to see the humor in this. You guys are just trying to put on a show here. :D

Bonny
11-03-2011, 08:06 AM
LOL...now I am starting to see the humor in this. You guys are just trying to put on a show here. :D

There is NO humor here. It is a stalemate. It is time to lock it up! :(

happylabs
11-03-2011, 08:27 AM
There is NO humor here. It is a stalemate. It is time to lock it up! :(

I guess sometimes it is better to just laugh rather than cry. :p

Marigold2
11-03-2011, 04:32 PM
This post make me angry and sad at the same time. I know this happens, it happens it ALL walks of life. Becaues all in all walks of life there is greed and dishonesty. Auto unions, teacher unions, fire, police, priest, government, doctors and dentist are after all just people like you and me with the same needs and wants and demons lurking inside of us.
They go to bed at night feeling small and unloved or powerful and entitled but they often have the power to act on those demons while the average person doesn't.
So instead of us trying to tear each other's throat out lets try to be helpful or at least laugh about the stupid.
Nuff said.