PDA

View Full Version : BIG storm hit CT...

moosmom
10-31-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm without power, heat, hot water, internet. Could this possible get any worse??? My poor cats are confused. Maya, Isis and Butchie are all huddled under my down jacket on a "warming" pad.

I'm at my BFF's (Pam) house. She didn't get as hard as she lives near the beach and it's warmer down there.

They're anticipating no power in some areas for as long as a week!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Thanks Catmom for calling me while my phone DID get a signal, very briefly, to check on me. More than my family members do!! That's why I love you guys!!

I'll be in touch when possible.

krazyaboutkatz
10-31-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( I heard this morning that many people are still without any power. I hope that you'll get your power turned back on very soon and that your cats will be fine. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

happylabs
10-31-2011, 12:00 PM
I am glad you are okay. I heard on the news today that there were some places here in Pennsylvania that got hit hard and also are without power for possibly up to a week. :(

phesina
10-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Oh my God, Donna.. Warm wishes and energies are being sent your way! I hope things get back to normal soon for you all.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

momcat
10-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks Catmom for calling me while my phone DID get a signal, very briefly, to check on me. More than my family members do!! That's why I love you guys!!

When I saw how bad you guys were hit by the storm up there, I was concerned about you, my precious little godson, and all his fursibs.

Here in NJ what you got depended on where you are. There are still many folks around the state that are without power with no idea of how long it will take to get things up and running again. According to the news, trees are down all over the place taking power lines down with them. A few of my co-workers had problems getting in this morning with trees & branches in the roads and black ice.

This is definitely winter jacket day here in Trenton. Glad to see you can get on your computer! When we lost the call last night I was afraid I used up your charge. Call or e-mail me if you need anything. My offer still stands!

davidpizzica
10-31-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm without power, heat, hot water, internet. Could this possible get any worse??? My poor cats are confused. Maya, Isis and Butchie are all huddled under my down jacket on a "warming" pad.

I'm at my BFF's (Pam) house. She didn't get as hard as she lives near the beach and it's warmer down there.

They're anticipating no power in some areas for as long as a week!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Oh, sweetheart, I'm glad you're alright! At least you have kitty comfort.

momcat
11-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Hi PT friends,
I talked to Donna aka Moosmom last night and she asked me to check in for her. She is still without power and heat with no idea of when things will be up and running again. All the kitties are in a marathon snuggle fest keeping each other warm. Donna was able to get some food from the freezer then cook it up at a friend's place to bring home. With no electricity Donna can't charge her phone or get on the computer but she sends everyone a "hi" and will be back as soon as conditions get back to normal.

phesina
11-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Please give Donna and her brood our best wishes and warm energies and prayers that this is soon over.

davidpizzica
11-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Please tell Donna that I'm thinking of her and her furfamily and that Pittsburgh thoughts and prayers are going out to her.

moosmom
11-02-2011, 12:16 PM
I'm now at my friend Sue's with both Isis and AustinB. They're very confused, since she lives in a big condo with high ceilings, but they're glad they've got heat. I'm staying here tonight and possibly till the power comes back on. News reports say it'll be AT LEAST till Sunday before we get power back, which just plain sucks. The other cats are doing okay. I went back and fed/medicated them.

This is THE worse storm since the 1973 ice storm!!! I charge my phone when I'm near an outlet. Thanks for all the well wishes!! I'll post again when I'm able.
Love you guys!!!

phesina
11-02-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm glad that you and the Nudies have a warm place to stay and a good friend to shelter you! Let's hope the power is back before Sunday, or at least not too long after..

Good to "see" you, Donna!

smokey the elder
11-02-2011, 02:20 PM
A lot of my co-workers from northern CT still don't have power, four days later.

Daisy and Delilah
11-03-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm so sorry Donna and all the rest of you affected by the storm.:( My thoughts and prayers go up to you and all the kitties.

moosmom
11-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Thanks everyone!

Power came back yesterday, then went out again today for about 4 hours. I stayed at Sue's 1 night. She is NOT a cat person. Felt quite uncomfortable there and was glad to be home again. I've known her since Jr. high school, but boy, people DO change!!!

Going to take a nice hot shower and call for take out! I've been living on Tootsie Pops and juice stick drinks. I need REAL FOOD!!!!

phesina
11-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Hallelujah!!!!! Welcome HOME, Donna!!!!!!!!

So good to see you back where you belong..

mrspunkysmom
11-04-2011, 11:26 PM
I just now read this. Glad you are back home and hope things continue to improve. This is why I have a kerosene heater. Stay warm! :love:

Marigold2
11-05-2011, 01:58 PM
My niece the vet has been without power now for 8 days.