PDA

View Full Version : Is everyone O.K. in new england?

davidpizzica
10-31-2011, 09:25 AM
I would like to know how all of the PTers in New England are doing after the snowstorm. Please check in!

smokey the elder
10-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Not technically in New England, but New York and NJ got hit hard too.

Great quote on Facebook: "We only have one working flashlight. We're so not ready for the zombie apocolypse!":D

Karen
10-31-2011, 09:43 AM
We are fine. Many around here lost power, lots of downed tree limbs and whole trees, but we just had it flicker a couple times, then it stayed on.

Alysser
10-31-2011, 09:45 AM
Doing well here in Central NJ. We got hit Saturday morning with snow..still had to go in to work only to be sent home 2 hours later. The park close at 11:30. My sister's up in North Jersey and her campus got hit hard, half the campus halls were evacuated and lost power.

Worked last night in the freezing cold, got very COLD feet, but overall it was a great night for scaring and a great "end of the season" for Six Flags.

davidpizzica
10-31-2011, 09:46 AM
In western PA, we just got a dusting of the white stuff, just to make everything look white.

phesina
10-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Prayers and warm energies are being sent for all of you affected by this.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
10-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Donna - moosmom - has her own thread, she's without power and without Internet, but posted from a friend's house.

neko1
10-31-2011, 04:04 PM
We're in West Milford (northern NJ) and got 19 inches- there are trees everywhere, it looks like a war zone.

Luckily we have power. My mother ran the town emergency shelter last night- they had 3 families stay over and about 70 people pass through to eat a warm meal, take a shower etc.

Freedom
10-31-2011, 09:20 PM
We only got a dusting here in East Providence. Parts of the state (northwest, more mountainous) got up to a foot. State had about 10,000 without power at the height; 200 still out will be on by morning. We did not lose power at my house.

Today's newspaper said that one difference between this and Irene in late August: then, trees came down across the streets. Once the tree was moved and the lines restored, you had power back at lots of homes. This time, the trees which came down were in yards, pulling the lines right out from the house. So you move the tree, restore the lines and . . . you have ONE house back on. So a slower process.