PDA

View Full Version : Introducing ... Oscar!

Killearn Kitties
10-29-2011, 06:11 PM
Recently we decided to give a home to a cat in need from our local adoption centre. There were some beautiful cats there, but most wanted to be only cats, and I'm afraid Samantha couldn't consider that. We settled on Oscar, a four year old boy whose owners had moved abroad.

We put him in the spare room and he made himself confortable fairly quickly.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=485&pictureid=4850

He likes his toys

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=485&pictureid=4854

but of course his favourite is one of uncle Gary's Canadian catnip balls.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=485&pictureid=4855

I thought he was settling down fairly well, but he seems to have ambitions to run away to sea! :eek:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=485&pictureid=4853

Medusa
10-29-2011, 06:24 PM
He's absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for adopting him. Cats are so often overlooked in favor of kittens. I'm sure he'll be happy in his new home. :)

catnapper
10-29-2011, 06:59 PM
What a handsome little boy. Congrats on the new addition

Freedom
10-29-2011, 07:23 PM
*sigh* look at that big round head and those round eyes! How gorgeous!

Hello Oscar, welcome to a PT home. Hope you don't mind "the flashy box," cuz we use them often in PT houses, ha haaa.

Congrats on your new addition!

cassiesmom
10-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Hello, most handsome Oscar! You are gorgeous! Your coat looks so shiny and soft to pet. I'm very happy to meet you today! :D

phesina
10-29-2011, 07:35 PM
Oscar, what a fine boy you are, and just look at those beautiful round eyes!!!!

Welcome to Pet Talk, sweetie! We look forward to hearing much more of you and from you.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and cats (including the two Bagpipers Bob and Sydney and the Scottish Dancer Sparkler!)

katladyd
10-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Welcome Oscar! You are a very beautiful boy and your purrents are very lucky no one else snatched you up! Enjoy your new furrever home!:love:

kaycountrygal
10-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Hi Oscar, I am sure you will enjoy your new home... and being on PT. You are a handsome fella.

Grace
10-29-2011, 09:26 PM
He's so handsome - love those eyes :love:

happylabs
10-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Gorgeous for sure! Beautiful eyes. Welcome to PT dear Oscar.

chocolatepuppy
10-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Oscar! You're gorgeous!:)

Scooter's Mom
10-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Hello and welcome to PT, Oscar! You're very boo-tiful :)

kuhio98
10-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Kiss kiss Oscar. Welcome beautiful boy.

Taz_Zoee
10-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Wow, he is really beautiful....or shouldn't that be handsome? :)
And those are great pictures too. I understand it is very hard to get good pictures of black animals. I just love his expression in the first picture too.

Has Samantha met him yet?

krazyaboutkatz
10-30-2011, 02:14 AM
Congrats!!!!:D He's so handsome and such a lucky boy to have a PT home.:) I hope that he and Samantha will get along well. I look forward to hearing more about him.:)

Randi
10-30-2011, 04:15 AM
What a gorgeous boy you are, Oscar - beautiful eyes and that round face. I bet Samantha is smitten with you. Playing with toys means you're already feeling at home, and you could not have found a better place to live! :)

Karen, give him some kisses from me. :love: I hope to see more pictures of him soon and hear what kind of antics he gets into. :D

Btw, he reminds me of Pippa, John's niece's cat.

lizbud
10-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Hello Oscar.:love: He is a beautiful boy. I love the little white patch
on his chest.:)

Bengalz
10-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Congratulations Oscar (and Mummy !) :D You've really scored little one - a wonderful home with a wonderful family:love: And, you are gorgeous:love::love:

catmandu
10-30-2011, 12:22 PM
:love::love:
Helo Oscar, this is Tubster Panther the Found Cat!!!
We are so glad to see that you have found just about the Purrfect Home, and that is great because there are some people who do not like Black Cats:(
We are all glad to see yopu are so happy.
If you want to go out to sea, I will ask Ebony Beau, Tubby Two and Ebony Tubbette Angels :):):) to take you out sailing:cool:
Welcome Oscar to Pet Talk from the Found Cat Hotel:love::love::love:

momcat
10-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Hi Oscar and welcome to the PT family! As you soon will find out, PT kitties get only the very best of everything! You could not possibly have found a better furever home! You're going to be loved, cared for, and spoiled like every kitty should be. I can't wait to hear more about you and maybe even see more pictures.

I'm sending you lots of welcome scritchies and lovies :love: :love: Samantha, I'm sending lots of lovies for you too! I'm sure you'll help Oscar settle in and teach him all he needs to know about being a cat. :love: :love: :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
10-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Oscar what a handsome fellow you are!!! :love:

You remind me of my Chuck in the face. He has the same sweet look and round big eyes you have. I do hope you don't become quite the chunk he is though. He is a big big boy now.

Chester says you have great taste in toys. He had a ball like that and it was his favorite. He played with it so much he wore it out.

Looks like you are enjoying your new home. Way to go!!!! Luvies from me and my gang. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Lilith Cherry
10-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Welcome Oscar! What an elegant ebony cat you are! We are so glad you are in a loving PT home now sweetie pie!:)

Killearn Kitties
10-31-2011, 10:38 AM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=485&pictureid=4861

Aren't those fangs scary?!! :eek:

Oscar thanks all his new pals for the warm welcome and says you can stroke his beautiful soft fur anytime. The resident Madam might get jealous though. She likes to keep Oscar in his place.

smokey the elder
10-31-2011, 10:41 AM
Oscar, what a handsome boy you are! Your meowmie is no longer "specializing in grey cats"! :D

Edwina's Secretary
10-31-2011, 10:03 PM
Oscar!!! It is about time you announced yourself! We boys - up against well-established girl kitties MUST assert our rights!...even if it means bearing your fangs....

Fraternally...Eddie /es

Soapets
11-01-2011, 12:07 AM
What a HANDSOME boy you are, Oscar! I am SO HAPPY that you found a new home, and that you get to be on PT now! :)

kitten645
11-01-2011, 05:41 AM
Oh Oscar! That big round head, those big round eyes and that little spot of white right where your big old heart is! *sigh* You so remind me of my Hobbes. I'd love to shmoozle your tummy! I bet you are a big ole love bug! Welcome and I look forward to a long life of pics of you and your sibling. I bet she's smitten with you in no time! xxxooo!:love:

ChrisH
11-01-2011, 06:06 AM
Such a gorgeous boy. :love: Congrats all round.

Cataholic
11-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Oh, Oscar! I must confess, I have a big crush on black kitties, and you look like someone I could love, love, love on tons!

My black boy, Monte, looks very much like you, especially when he lets his fangs hang out. Scary, indeed!

Welcome to PT!

Barbara
11-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Oscar, finally we get to see you! And please do never follow your dad to sea without a life jacket. Like so many nice cat boys you will have to learn that sisters are a pain. Orion says they are even if they are younger than you.
A big welcome here:D

Lizzie
11-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Ah! Black cat, my absolute favorite kind of cat and I love it when they have green eyes too, and a tiny dab of white on the chest. Lucky you, and lucky Oscar!

AmberLee
11-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Welcome to PT, sweet Oscar. You make our meowmy swoon, but we like you anyway. Huck and Sligo

Felicia's Mom
11-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk handsome Oscar!:love:

koxka
11-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Welcome handsome Oscar!

You couldn't have a better new start in life, a PThome.

tikeyas_mom
11-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Welcome to pet talk Oscar!!! Yay for another black PT kitty :). :p
He is so handsome! I'm sure he'll fit in great! I love that pic of him with the map haha thats a funny one..

Vermontcat
11-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Congratulations on the handsome new addition!:D
It looks like Oscar has settled right in to his new home.
Does Samantha approve of him? Do you have any photos of the two of them together?
I guess you will be specializing in both gray and black cats now right?;)

maerlyn
11-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Welcome, Oscar! How blessed you are to have found a loving home; I'm sure your first family must miss you terribly, but you are in loving hands. May you and your new family share many, many happy and healthy years together!

slick
11-06-2011, 05:41 PM
OMG.....
How did I ever miss this one?????? Karen, you should have emailed me this link.

What a handsome boy with beautiful eyes. He reminds me of MOFF's Chester or ChrisH's Ebby.

Oscar, you have no idea how lucky you are. You have found the best home ever and I'm sending you lots of lovies and kisses all the way from KA-NA-DA. You don't know where that is, but it's very far away. Maybe I can come see you next year??????

Much love
You can call me Auntie Slick :love::love::love: