PDA

View Full Version : Editing RAW camera images

Sowa
10-29-2011, 01:54 PM
I read I should be shooting in RAW format, so I tried it and forgot about it. Anyway I just shot a bunch of photos of Clover (in raw) and I can't for the live of me figure out how I can view them. I downloaded 2 programs that said it would work, as well as an addon for photoshop. I'm getting a little angry now, so can anyone help me with this?

Randi
10-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Did your camera come with a CD? I use something called Camedia for my Olympus.

kittycats_delight
10-29-2011, 03:00 PM
I got a 60 day trial version of Capture NX with my Nikon. It's pretty cool & has some great little quick adjust tools that are great. I didn't buy the full version so when the trial ran out I was done with it. I use Photoshop for my RAW files. I always ALWAYS shoot in raw. I do all editing on maw files and I only ever save as jpg when I am ready to post the photo online. Everytime you open a jpg it loses quality. I haven't seen it so it must be by teeny tiny amounts. So for me PHOTOSHOP....but I use photoshop for everything. I :love: my photoshop. :D

Karen
10-29-2011, 03:03 PM
There should be software that comes with your camera, or you can use photoshop, if you have that!

finn's mom
10-30-2011, 05:46 PM
I open mine in Adobe Photoshop Elements. RAW is worth it once you figure out how to view, open and edit them. The quality is a lot better!