PDA

View Full Version : Introducing....DUCKY the DRAGON!

luckies4me
10-29-2011, 01:37 PM
This is Ducky, our newest rescue. He was going to be euthanized but I stepped in to save him. He is the sweetest little fellow! He has a broken leg. We tried "splinting" it and the splint was removed yesterday. He has grown considerably since we've had him, which has been roughly two weeks. He falls asleep in my hand and it quite ferocious when he eats. He likes to "attack" his food quite forcefully and puts on a great show! He is just adorable. I do not believe they had the right heating and food, and no uvb/uva bulbs as well. His arm seems fine now, but didn't set quite right. We will be watching him closely to see if it will correct itself, and it not, he may need to have it amputated. He gets along quite well though. He loves jumping to the top of his enclosure and hanging off of it as if he's some sort of gymnist. lol. :rolleyes::love:

As far as his leg, it might not be officially broken. It might just be dislocated. We did x-rays but we couldn't really see anything since he is so tiny. His body fits in my hand but he has a very long tail. It is longer than his body. We are actually getting ready to redo his set up today. I will post photos once it's all set up. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/luckies4me2/october2011018.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/luckies4me2/october2011016.jpg

Karen
10-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Fun that you post this today' when the Pet of the Day is his fellow dragon, Jumper!

Lilith Cherry
10-30-2011, 03:04 PM
What a lovely dragon you are Ducky! I hope you feel much better soon and heal up nicely:) Thank you for rescuing the little guy!

sallyandsnowx
10-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Ducky, aren't you just a beautiful dragon! I hope your leg heals up nicely and quickly. Feel better soon! :love:

luckies4me
10-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Ducky says thanks! :D

He is doing very well. More pics to come soon!

sana
10-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Fun that you post this today' when the Pet of the Day is his fellow dragon, Jumper!

Lol! I was thinking the same! At first I couldn't remember the dragon's name and I thought, "Yea it must luckies4me's dragon" and then you took its name and so, I got to know it really wasn't hers :D

Awww! Good to hear he's doing well! :) I like the tiny smile on its face! :D Can't wait to see more photos! :D