PDA

View Full Version : Favorite fonts

luckies4me
11-10-2002, 04:00 PM
I was wondering what everyones favorite font is. Also what type of webbuilding software do you like the best etc. Just thought this would be interesting. :D

boscibo
11-10-2002, 04:08 PM
I can't say I have a favorite font - but i will say that I prefer the fonts that are easy to read! A big pet peeve is fonts that are so artistic that you can't read the words, or struggle to make them out. For web building software, you can't go wrong with HTML and Notepad. I'm not saying I do all my pages in Notepad (I use some freeware programs - Arachnophobia and 1st Page 2000) but when I do use programs it is usually just to save me some layout typing.

aly
11-10-2002, 04:42 PM
I have so many favorite fonts, they are too numerous to mention. One of my favorite things to do is search around the web for new and interesting fonts.

Fuzzy317
11-10-2002, 06:51 PM
We have several fonts at home. We began having so many (over 100) that we printed a "catalog" for us to look through.

luckies4me
11-10-2002, 10:14 PM
Can you tell me what the fonts are, maybe I can get a couple new ones, hehe?:p

Karen
11-10-2002, 11:09 PM
I have hundreds of fonts on my machine at work, and more on my machine at home! I have no one favorite - each use has a different font that's appropriate for it. Fonts that work well in print sometimes don;t work well on the web, fonts that one would use for text of a page is different than what one would use for a headline ... fonts for a book versus fonts for an ad - in fact, fonts for an ad for say, a car dealership, would be different than fonts for, say, a florist!

That's like asking me my favorite breed of animal! No such thing!!!!!!

The Cat Factory
11-11-2002, 01:10 AM
Oh gosh! I have sooo many fonts on my computer, but one of my favorites is Verdana :) I love MS Publisher for web building :)

Chinadoll
11-11-2002, 01:53 PM
I have tons of favorite fonts. I like the more artictic ones...but will only use them for large headings because they are hard to read...like Curlz, JokermanLET, Lucida Handwriting, Maiandria GD, Matisse ITC, Papyrus LET, Kids, Kristin ITC, Eras Light ITC, Kaufmann BT, Bradley Hand ITC, Harrington, Dauphin.

Some tried and true that I use for typing typing long paragraphs that's easier to read are Goudy Old Style, Arial, Comic Sans MS, Tempus Sans ITC, and of course Times New Roman.

I use Netscape Composer(it's free!) to do my web pages and Adobe Photoshop for all graphics. In the past I have used Microsoft Frontpage, it was pretty good...but I haven't used it in so long, that I'd have to play with it for awhile to remember. I know some people like to use Dreamweaver(I think that's the name) but I've never tried it. An awesome layout program(but way to pricey for me) is Quark. I love Quark. Only one lab in my school had it on their computers, but it made everything so easy for my assignments. Another good graphics program is Freehand. I've only dabbled in webdesign. Others could probably give you better ideas for programs.

luckies4me
11-11-2002, 02:00 PM
I currently have so many programs on my computer it's rediculous, lol. I am just curious what everyone else uses.

I currently use:
Fireworks
Dreamweaver
Firestarter
Flash
Photoshop
Paint Shop Pro 7
Animation Shop
and other things...... lol

:p

ramanth
11-11-2002, 03:17 PM
I use Dreamweaver, Flash, and Photoshop.

I have way too many fonts to pick just one.... but I work with Arial and Verdana at work. San Serif fonts are easier to read in my opinion than a Serif font.

:)

I'll make banners out of certain fonts for my websites. That way others can see the font.

Randi
11-11-2002, 04:01 PM
For shorter texts I like to use Verdana - so easy to read, but for writing an official letter or longer texts I'd use Times or at least a Serif font.

Of programmes we use:

On the PC:
Word
Access
Excel
Power Point
Front Page

Browsere
Explorer
Opera

On the Mac we use:

PageMaker
FileMaker Pro
Freehand
Illustrator
Photoshop
Go Live
Word

Browsere
Netscape
Opera
Explorer

anna_66
11-11-2002, 08:53 PM
My favorite font is comic sans ms.

Fuzzy317
11-13-2002, 11:59 PM
My favorite font (that I use on my personal business cards) is Lucida Calligraphy Italic. Installed at home, we have 555 fonts (this 555 includes the variations of each (bold, italic, bold italic, etc).

The Cat Factory
11-14-2002, 12:51 AM
Oh, I use PSP 7 too :)