PDA

View Full Version : Laptop woes...

happylabs
10-28-2011, 03:18 PM
I just bought a new laptop at Best Buy back the end of August, an Asus brand which my son recommended.

This morning I turned the laptop on and it kept clicking and all of the pretty lights lit up but it wouldn't boot up. :mad:

The laptop is only 2 months old and of course I did not get the protection package that Best Buy offers. My son said...you don't need that mom. Who would have thought the thing would crap out in two months? :confused:

Much to my dismay, I must mail my Asus laptop to the company in California. My laptop is going on a vacation without me. Asus will repair it at no cost in approximately 14 days and will return it to me in 5 - 7 business days. No computer for 3 weeks? I don't think I can cope.

I am hoping to get my old dinosaur of a Dell desktop computer to boot up so I can at least come to Pet Talk and check email over the weekend. :( :( :(

Freedom
10-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Oh my goodness!

What do you use for virus protection?

Um, I guess first question should be, will they TELL you what was wrong with it -- a virus, a hardware issue, etc?

How annoying!

Scooter's Mom
10-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Eep! Oh no! That is a scary thing to hear about. I am always scared that something will happen to my computer and I won't be able to log in.

I hope whatever it is gets fixed much sooner than their 3 week estimate.

Catty1
10-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Today's tech products are NOT meant to last. If the store you get it from has additional warranty information, make sure what it covers, and buy it.

Even manufacturer's warranties are hardly worth it - at the very least, you are without your computer for some time.

Often, the store's warranty will replace it on the spot.

Hope you get your Dell working!

lizbud
10-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Did you try to take it back to Best Buy? Not call them, but actually take
it back in & plop it on the counter? Might be something simple that they can
correct right away, or might even replace it on the spot.

mrspunkysmom
10-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Anything like that and I get a protection plan. My info is too important. I also use an external hard drive.

Hope all is okay and it's something minor.

krazyaboutkatz
10-29-2011, 02:02 AM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( I always get the extended warranty or protection plans on big ticket items. You just never know when you'll need them. My tracfone died on me and luckily I bought a warranty for it. I called and they e-mailed me a prepaid return label. Now they're sending me a check for it in the mail because I think they had a recall on them or something like that. I hope everything will work out for you. Good luck.:)