PDA

View Full Version : #453 - Candy Corn Thursday

gini
10-27-2011, 10:44 AM
O.K. - someone has been into the Halloween candy - so I'll have to go get some more. I wonder if it was Orc? (ha, I need to ask?)

What kind do you all like?

Oh, I brought some coffee cake and I will start some coffee.

Karen
10-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Oooh, already? And I haven't even carved the Jack-o-lanterns yet!

Reese's peanut butter cups were always my favorite!

But I'll have some coffee cake and a cup of tea, just to be contrary about it!

lvpets2002
10-27-2011, 11:02 AM
:rolleyes: Yup I told Orc not too much candy.. And what did he do Ate The Whole Bowl == see that Orc chasing cars with all of that sugar in him.. Ummppss Yes candy corn is my favorite.. Some coffee please due to trying to go to sleep here at work..

Pinot's Mom
10-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Butterfingers, please! :)

Orc, please don't add caffeine to that, OK? Could be REALLY detrimental!

moosmom
10-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Three Muskateers!!!

I don't know about you, but UtchieB's breath smells like candy corn. Hmmmmm.

How about a signature "Candy Corntini"???

pomtzu
10-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Almond Joy or Baby Ruth please. I can't do candy corn unless it's the chocolate ones.

smokey the elder
10-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Candy corn is nasty. I have some Milky Ways (my favorite). It's going to get cold so I'll have some hot cocoa with Rumplemintz.

lvpets2002
10-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Just because you dont like candy corn does not mean that you can call it nasty ok..

Candy corn is nasty.

RedHedd
10-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Just made a vat of Candy Corn bark .... hands it all around. What's not to like (white chocolate, pretzels and candy corn).

Pinot's Mom
10-27-2011, 09:35 PM
Just made a vat of Candy Corn bark .... hands it all around. What's not to like (white chocolate, pretzels and candy corn).

THAT sounds wonderfully decadent!!;)

Karen
10-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Seeing as all food here is non-allergenic, I'll take some of that bark - and no Lady, you can't have any. Here - have a piece of pumpkin cupcake leftover from last week, okay? !

(In real life candy corn is made of corn syrup, and as I am now allergic to corn, I cannot have it!)

momcat
10-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Love those Peeps!

pomtzu
10-28-2011, 08:06 AM

Now that sounds good. :) However, I have to agree with smokey - candy corn by itself is nasty indeed! :p

Bonny
10-28-2011, 08:40 AM
Now that sounds good. :) However, I have to agree with smokey - candy corn by itself is nasty indeed! :p

If you just eat one kernel it isn't to bad. :D

smokey the elder
10-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Peeps are even worse (imho, of course, like the candy corn. :p)

Bonny
10-28-2011, 08:58 AM
Peeps are even worse (imho, of course, like the candy corn. :p)

With the peeps it is just really hard to only eat one. Usually doing the whole package of 6 in a day really can give you a sugar high & cause severe hyperactivity. ;)

wombat2u2004
10-28-2011, 10:12 AM
With the peeps it is just really hard to only eat one. Usually doing the whole package of 6 in a day really can give you a sugar high & cause severe hyperactivity. ;)

I thought severe hyperactivity was the norm with you Bonny. :D:D

slick
10-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Oh Lordy, don't get Mz Gini going on peeps. She won't stop. Have you guys ever microwaved a peep?? Not a happy ending for the peep.:(

Brrr, it's cold here and dark and frosty. One Spanish Coffee for the road please. Thank doG it's Friday.

44 weeks to go to retirement **but who's counting** :cool: then I can tell my boss from hell to sit on her thumb and rotate......

momoffuzzyfaces
10-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Love Nestle's crunch bars. :love:
It's nippy here today so I'd love some spiced pumpkin tea please.:love:

RICHARD
10-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Whew, that was an adventure......Just punched my way out of the lost and found.....whoever put up the spider webs in front of the door forgot I was in there!:eek:

I love the smell of Hershey's Special dark chocolate.

I don't eat much these days, but I did eat one PB cup and a Snickers

"?[;=-

Ed just jumped on the keyboard and that was his message to you all..I'll be back, I have to love the edster...:rolleyes:

happylabs
10-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Okay, after reading this thread I am definitely going to NEED chocolate!

Snickers is my all around #1 favorite candy bar.

I don't care much for candy corn either.

Whew, that was an adventure......Just punched my way out of the lost and found.....whoever put up the spider webs in front of the door forgot I was in there!:eek:

I love the smell of Hershey's Special dark chocolate.

I don't eat much these days, but I did eat one PB cup and a Snickers

"?[;=-

Ed just jumped on the keyboard and that was his message to you all..I'll be back, I have to love the edster...:rolleyes:

Dark chocolate does smell awesome Richard. Give Ed some extra love from me. I am thinking we need some updated photos. I still love that one of him lounging on the edge of the windowsill.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Ok, in the spirit of fun and Halloween, I have to tell a tale about my brother.

He is a candy hoarder. I discovered this when we were kids. I'm the sort who would eat my favorite treats first because my dad would eat them if I didn't. My bro was the opposite.

This was discovered one hot July day when my Mom was sweeping under his bed. Out rolled several of those candy Halloween pumpkins. The sort that taste like candy corns. He was trying to make his candy stash last until next Halloween!!! :rolleyes::D

Of course they were petrified by that time!!!

Karen
10-28-2011, 03:37 PM
When I was a kid, after I ate a couple of pieces of my favorite kinds from my trick-or-treat bag, we kids would sometimes swap candies with each other, and then I would count out the days between Halloween and Thanksgiving, and try to ration it out to have it last until then!

RICHARD
10-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Ed is passed out on the other recliner at the moment, so I have some free time.

I will try to catch the Edster 'posing'.

--------------------------

My dad used to 'screen' our candy and pull out all the stuff that he liked, We didn't know it at the time but he loved to stash candy and sometimes he would put stuff away so well that mom would find it months later.

For Christmas one year he got one of those Hickory Farm cheese and meat gift boxes. It turned up a few years later, shoved in the closet, all petrified.

We laughed and laughed about that....

Since it's going to be cold tonight, let me fill some drink orders and put out a candy tray......Yes, we do have candy corn in the menu.

gini
10-29-2011, 01:11 AM
Oh Lordy, don't get Mz Gini going on peeps. She won't stop. Have you guys ever microwaved a peep?? Not a happy ending for the peep.

Now look - if you can't say anything nice about Peeps - then don't say anything at all. The theme is candy corn - try that in your microwave!
:D:D

momoffuzzyfaces
10-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Now look - if you can't say anything nice about Peeps - then don't say anything at all. The theme is candy corn - try that in your microwave!
:D:D

Have YOU tried it? I don't have a microwave so am curious!!! :D:love:

Lady's Human
10-30-2011, 04:39 AM
We can't nuke candy corn, it's never in the house long enough to get there.

While I'm up and about, I'll toss on a pot of coffee, anyone else want an Irish Coffee?

RICHARD
10-30-2011, 06:45 AM
I'll do a cup with you.

I haven't drunk my 'one cup for the calendar quarter'.....

I could use a cinnamon roll too, I'll fire up the oven.

DONE!

------------------------

I was out for my walk yesterday and cannot believe the colors of the trees out here.

Wow, what have I been missing?

momoffuzzyfaces
10-31-2011, 01:13 PM
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!! :love:

Um, Orc has his head stuck in the apple bobbing barrel. How long can he hold his breath? :eek:

Karen
10-31-2011, 01:20 PM
I was out for my walk yesterday and cannot believe the colors of the trees out here.

Wow, what have I been missing?

Some year, you'll have to venture even further North! Yes, you have been missing out, welcome to the deciduous East!

RICHARD
11-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Some year, you'll have to venture even further North! Yes, you have been missing out, welcome to the deciduous East!

There is one tree that has the most brilliant red and yellow colors on the same leaf.

Wow!

Coffee and cinnamon buns this morning, anyone?

Pinot's Mom
11-01-2011, 07:56 AM
There is one tree that has the most brilliant red and yellow colors on the same leaf.

Wow!

Probably a maple tree. You really have been sheltered out there...

I'll join you for Coffee and Cinnamon buns, thanks, it's my first day out of bed since Friday. I'm hoping for the best..

pomtzu
11-01-2011, 08:10 AM

Wow!

You have led such a sheltered life on the left coast. Not only do we have trees that show their beautiful colors in the Fall, but we have grass, which unfortunately requires mowing. You left coasters plant ice plant and let it take over and don't have to worry about mowing. Darn - it's too cold here to survive, isn't it??

I'll partake in a cinnamon bun and coffee this morning, please. Happy November 1st everybody.

smokey the elder
11-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Mmmm, cinnamon buns. Sounds yummy!

gini
11-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Are there any cinnamon buns left? The smell of warm cinnamon brought me right in...................ah, yes, here they are and some hot coffee sitting right next to them.

Thank you!

Karen
11-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Cinnamon buns and hot tea - I'll make a pot if anyone would like some! A good way to start November. I also have some candy left over from last night (we had no idea how many kids we'd get) so I'll share that. There's Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kat bars, Hershey bars, and Nestle Crunch.

RICHARD
11-01-2011, 05:44 PM
I am hurt that people are picking on me for living a sheltered life...;)

I am having a great time taking the Tuckster for walks. We plan on getting to the park the next block over in the next few days....:D

Refills and bun for everyone..DONE!

Pinot's Mom
11-01-2011, 06:01 PM
I know, Richard, you're so easily bruised.:rolleyes:

We've got burgers on the grill; any takers?

Lady's Human
11-02-2011, 07:24 AM
It's a little early for burgers, but what the heck. A Burger and a beer can count as breakfast, too!

pomtzu
11-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Sausage, egg and cheese sandwiches here if anyone would care to join me, and hot coffee to chase away the morning chill.

I'm lovin this crisp Fall weather. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
11-02-2011, 12:59 PM
We have storms and a cold front moving in. They have been tossing that dirty four letter word about (snow). I think it's just supposed to mix a bit with the rain we will be getting but it will be cold and windy.

I made a pot of homemade veggie soup and am willing to share!!! :love:

Richard, please do not walk Edster in the snow. He will blend right in and if he shuts his eyes, he will disappear.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-02-2011, 05:48 PM
DON'T FORGET TO SET YOUR CLOCKS BACK ONE HOUR SUNDAY MORNING!!!!!

AND AS PHRED WOULD SAY, CHECK YOUR SMOKE ALARM BATTERIES!!! :love: