PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Boo

Laura's Babies
10-26-2011, 07:14 PM
I have put off doing this for awhile..

I am loosing my Boo girl. That tumor under her ear came back in August. August 3rd when I took her in for a check, there was nothing there. 3 weeks later it was this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/Boosgrowth911.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/Boosideviewofgrowth.jpg

It does not look like that anymore, it has gotten bigger, the fur is gone and it is really nasty looking. I have to keep it cleaned and dressed and she has to wear that collar all the time or she shreads it with her back claws.

She has wasted away to the point that I know soon I will have to make that decision.. The vet told me the other day "You KNOW she is going to make YOU decide to do "it", she isn't going to go on her own!".. She is bright eyed, alert, seems strong as ever, eats and drinks but just wasting away and it is like I can see her wasting away as it is happening. That tumor grows and she is wasting away.

All I do it cry. Caramella is amazing me with how she is reacting to this! She is hovering over Boo, watching her constantly, trying to help her when she looks like she needs it and reaches out to touch her every day like she is petting her. She sees me crying and comes get in my lap and licks me.

I'm telling you guys, this is the hardest thing I have been through in a long time!

Freedom
10-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Laura, I am sorry to read this, it is never easy with our fur kids, is it?

Kitty Boo has had an amazing life, with love from so many. Now she relies on you, don't let her suffer.

Hugs to you, gentle strokes to Kitty Boo, and a belly rub to Caramella!

Scooter's Mom
10-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Laura, the years Kitty Boo has had with you have been a blessing for both of you. I know this will be hard, but Kitty Boo will be joining your mama and the two of them will be waiting for you for "one fine day". Many thoughts and prayers have been sent your way. ((hugs)) for you.

Soapets
10-26-2011, 08:14 PM
:( Oh no! How sad! My heart is aching for you, and for Caramella, and for Boo! I haven't been on here a lot so don't know the whole story, but I'm assuming that the Vet won't or can't operate on it to give her more time? :confused: If she seems happy and not bothered by it, I would let her keep on going. When she starts showing signs of obvious pain and suffering, maybe that will be the time to help her move on to the Rainbow Bridge. She'll let you know when she's ready, I would think....I will keep you and Boo and Caramella and your Vet and anyone else involved all in prayer! HUGS!:love::(:love:

mrspunkysmom
10-26-2011, 09:01 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Boo. It's a hard decision that I've only had to make once. I know you'll make it when the time is right.

Karen
10-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Oh, Laura, sending you hugs. Give her a kiss for me, okay?

Pinot's Mom
10-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Laura, I'm so sorry, this is so hard. {{{hugs}}} Let me know if you need to talk.

chocolatepuppy
10-26-2011, 10:08 PM
I'm so sorry Laura. {hugs}

cassiesmom
10-26-2011, 10:26 PM
(((HUGS))) Laura, Kitty Boo and Caramella :love: :love: and Samantha, Amy and Giz :love: :love:

kitten645
10-26-2011, 11:29 PM
I am so sorry and I understand that we have to make these choices. Boo couldn't have had a better purrent. You have to do what you have to do. My heart aches as your's does. Gentle hugs to you and Boo. So very sorry for your sorrow.

krazyaboutkatz
10-27-2011, 12:19 AM
Laura, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( It's never easy letting a furkid go. I hope that you'll cherish the time that you have left with her. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

jennielynn1970
10-27-2011, 01:23 AM
Oh Laura, I'm so sorry to be reading this. Poor Ms. Boo.

HUGS to you, and lovies and gentle pets to Ms. Boo. :love::love:

smokey the elder
10-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Poor KittyBoo. I'm so sorry.

moosmom
10-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Laura,

I'm so sorry to hear about Kitty Boo. You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers.

:love: and hugs,

Donna and fur crew

Queen of Poop
10-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Oh Laura, I'm so sorry. I've had to make that decision too many times, I know how hard and heart wrenching it is. Sending you a big hug and loads of good vibes. You will make the decision when the time is right, you'll know. I'm so glad Miss Caramella is providing comfort to both you and Kitty Boo. She is indeed a special girl.

phesina
10-27-2011, 08:52 AM
I am so very sorry, Laura. You have been the best, most caring Meowmie KittyBoo could ever have.

Please give her some gentle pets and skritches from me.. and some for Caramella for being such a good nurse, and some for all the others too.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and the cats.

Randi
10-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Laura, I'm so sorry to hear this. :( I know it's heartbreaking to say to goodbye, but better than letting Boo suffer. How sweet of Caramella to help look after her. :) I'm sure she has had a wonderful life with you - cherish the memories.

Please give her some gentle kisses from me - and Caramella, too. :love: :love:

Oh, and Laura, how are you doing yourself? You've had enough healthproblems lately. Hope it's going better now. :)

(((hugs)))

catmandu
10-27-2011, 09:22 AM
:love::love:
We are so sorry to hear about Boo.
You did well by Boo, you took her in and were so patient with her, and let her adjust at her own pace.
Our Owesome Orangies are there with Caramella, heping Boo in her illness.
We will pray for Boo tonight and pray that she is not in pain.:love:

Laura's Babies
10-27-2011, 10:07 AM
The sad part is the changes it has made in the house. She mostly stays on top of the fridge with her face in a corner. She no longer fills the role of "top cat", Giz has took over that role and bullied the others into backing down. None of the other even acknowledge she is here except for Caramella. Samantha, who has always slept in bed with me, is no longer allowed to by Giz.

I spend as much time loving and caring for her as I can and all the others are jealous and try to beat her to my lap or to her favorite spot to lay down when she does get off the fridge. Amy will lay down close to her to share that favored spot and Boo lets her.

I notice every small change in her and cry at every decline I see and it is like those declines happen overnight. That tumor was hard as a rock and firmly attached to her head. Suddenly it is softer and just hangs there loose, when I realized that it tore me up and I cried and cried.... same as when I realized she has lost her muscle mass... that really tore me up and I cried every time I looked at her for days.

Soapets, we did do surgery back in may or June and removed that one and one in her ear. The ear one came back and he removed that again. It August 3 was the recheck after that second one in her ear was removed... These pictures we taken 3 weeks after that. When I took her back to the vet he was stunned at how fast that thing had gown and the size it it. He said when they grow that fast, it is bad and if you leave one little cell when you remove it, it'll just grow back even faster and probably be even bigger. He was willing to do surgery but only if I let him do in in the next few days but we both knew she would not survive the surgery with her kidneys values always as bad as they are.

I did not want to put her through a lot of stuff or loose her so soon, and decided to just let nature take it's coarse. At times I think it has gotten in her brain and other times she is so normal acting. Yesterday her eyes were brighter than they have been in a long time, the old Boo was there in those eyes. Today, it is face in the corner again. I swear, this is harder that it was watching Mama dieing of cancer! She understood and helped make decisions on what she wanted, refusing any and all treatment for her cancer.

Thank all of you for your sweet comments, it really helps to know you all her here for me..

kuhio98
10-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Laura ~ Gentle hugs to you both.

I know Boo will let you know when she is ready to be reunited with your Mom. I know she will be there to welcome her across the Bridge.

Catty1
10-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Laura, I am so, so sorry. Beautiful Lady Boo - after Nancy did that reading on her years ago, she KNEW she was loved and had the best life ever with you.:love::love:

I pray she goes peacefully.

It's terrible that the tumour can't be removed without it growing back again so fast.

{{{{hugs}}}}:love:

happylabs
10-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Oh my, this is so difficult. I have tears for you. I have been at this point several times with my pets. I know I am saying the same things as others but I want you to know you are not alone. We are here for you. You will know when it is definitely time. She will always be in your heart.

Purr-tender
10-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Oh Laura, my heart goes out to you and precious Boo! I, like everyone here, feel your pain. It is heart-wrenching!! How very blessed Boo is to be so loved. I pray that Boo isn't in pain. Take care of yourself and know you and your crew are in my prayers.

Mary

pomtzu
10-27-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm so sorry that you and Boo are going thru this, and I really can't say anything more than others have already said. Just hold her near and love her for as long as you can, until she tells you she is ready and wants to go.

lvpets2002
10-27-2011, 03:34 PM
:( Oh no poor Boo.. Laura I am so sorry to read this.. Now I just dont remember if you told me or not.. Have they already done surgery to try to remove this tumor?? She is not in pain is she?? I am sure you would not allow that.. Soo Sorry && Sending Lots of Prayers && Huggss..

kaycountrygal
10-27-2011, 06:13 PM
oh dear, I am so sorry Kitty Boo has health problems. I do not envy you making your decision but at some point it has to be done. I've done it once and should have done it earlier than I did... so hard. In my thoughts and prayers.

katladyd
10-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Your post made me very sad. :( The only fault cats have is that they do not live long enough.:love:

Laura's Babies
10-28-2011, 06:19 PM
kaycountrygal oh dear, I am so sorry Kitty Boo has health problems. I do not envy you making your decision but at some point it has to be done. I've done it once and should have done it earlier than I did... so hard. In my thoughts and prayers

I did it today and like you, I have told everyone, I wish I had done it sooner. I wanted to do it about 2 weeks ago and let someone talk me out of it and in that time I cried every day at what new changes were taking place that was making her life less and less of what it was before.

phesina
10-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Deepest sympathy, Laura. God bless you.

Love from Pat and cats

Soapets
10-28-2011, 09:05 PM
:( My heart aches for you.:( Boo is no longer suffering, and I am sure she is very appreciative for your having the courage and the heart to let her go before it got any worse....she is waiting happily at the Rainbow Bridge for you now.....:love: HUGS :love:

kaycountrygal
10-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Laura, I am so sorry for your loss. Even though you know you did the right thing, I also know you hurt and feel sad. She's not suffering any more; you loved her enough to let her go. I believe you will see her again one day. ((Hugs)) Kay and the furkids

orangemm
10-29-2011, 11:40 AM
(((Hugs))) to you Laura. I am so sorry to hear about your beloved Boo. You made the decision that none of us ever wants to be confronted with.a

Play hard at the RB, little Boo. You will be dearly missed.:(:(:love::love:

momcat
10-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Laura, I wish I knew what to say to ease your heartache. Kitty Boo knew how very much you loved her. Often the right decisions are the hardest to make. Boo is now free of pain and is watching over you from the Rainbow Bridge. Kitty Boo will always be in your heart.

[[[[[HUGS]]]]]

kitten645
10-30-2011, 11:24 PM
I am so truly sorry for your sorrow and I know Lady Boo is with her first meowmie and very happy. Those of us left behind are the ones that truly suffer. I'm very sorry for your lose. :love::love:
Claudia & Calvin

catnapper
10-31-2011, 09:12 AM
Oh Laura, I am so very sorry. I know how much that little girl meant to you.