PDA

View Full Version : Halloween costumes...

redbird
10-24-2011, 01:29 PM
How many of you dress in costumes for Halloween. It's been quite a few years since I dressed and it was for a party I was throwing. It was actually 3 of us girls since we lived together back then. Other than house parties, I would go to clubs that were having a party, always had a good time since I love to dance.

If you are wearing a costume this year, what will you be:D

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/caroltree/BIRTHDAY/HALLOWEEN%20GRAPHICS/001.gif

Here I am as Elvira at the party us girls had: I'm the one without the hat.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/caroltree/photos/mecostume.jpg

cassiesmom
10-24-2011, 01:52 PM
If you are wearing a costume this year, what will you be:D

One of two, not yet sure which... (I might be chaperoning for the church youth group so it has to be appropriate)
1) Fork in the road- take a black T-shirt and white painter's tape; make a dotted line up the center front of the T-shirt with the tape (that's the road); tape a plastic fork to the road = fork in the road :rolleyes:
2) Black-eye peas... take black felt and cut out a bunch of small i and capital P's -- pin or tape them to a colored T-shirt -- get it, black iP's [iP iP iP different sizes all over the shirt] = black-eye peas :rolleyes:

happylabs
10-24-2011, 02:22 PM
I don't need a costume. :D

redbird
10-24-2011, 03:04 PM
One of two, not yet sure which... (I might be chaperoning for the church youth group so it has to be appropriate)
1) Fork in the road- take a black T-shirt and white painter's tape; make a dotted line up the center front of the T-shirt with the tape (that's the road); tape a plastic fork to the road = fork in the road :rolleyes:
2) Black-eye peas... take black felt and cut out a bunch of small i and capital P's -- pin or tape them to a colored T-shirt -- get it, black iP's [iP iP iP different sizes all over the shirt] = black-eye peas :rolleyes:

Wow those are great ideas, please post a picture. I'd love to see you.

Taz_Zoee
10-24-2011, 03:11 PM
We just cancelled our annual Halloween party for this Saturday. But I was going to be (and might still be for work on Halloween day) a hospital patient. Since I am having a minor surgery on Friday. And Bruce got the costume to be the doctor. I guess we will have to do the same next year since we aren't going to get to use them this year with our friends. And I can add to my costume for next year. :)
But yes, I usually do dress up each year. I worked in day care for 12 years so I got use to dressing up. :p

Marigold2
10-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Oh Redbird you are the coolest cat. Love love love the costume.

Roxyluvsme13
10-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Well, I have 2 exams the day after Halloween, so I don't know if I'll be dressing up or not :p. If I decide to go home and hand out candy though, I will probably be a Princess by making use of my old prom dress :).

Suki Wingy
10-25-2011, 10:16 PM

My mom dressed me as Lake Shore Drive one year! A black sweatshirt I decorated with yellow tape, and construction paper cars and of course I think one arm was the lake.

This year I started putting together a human Fluttershy costume (from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) but I'm not sure if I'll finish it or wear it anywhere.

Honestly I am so stressed out and bogged down with making and finding pieces to update and complete costumes for one of the two big Doctor Who conventions which is Thanksgiving weekend. My sewing machine is getting a lot of use and my fabric store is getting a lot of my business!

wombat2u2004
10-25-2011, 11:33 PM
I've got absolutely nothing to wear, so I'll just have to streak like ever other year. :p

chocolatepuppy
10-26-2011, 06:41 AM
I've got absolutely nothing to wear, so I'll just have to streak like ever other year. :p

That should make for a frightful Halloween! :eek: :p

I dressed as a witch for nearly 25 years. Burned my broom a few years ago. I have a Little Red Riding Hood costume which fits the theme of my Layla being the big bad wolf, but it is a bit small on me.:o I also have a black cat costume.:cool:

happylabs
10-26-2011, 07:56 AM

Oh dear...is there someone to come and bail you out of jail when you get arrested? :p :) :D

sparks19
10-26-2011, 12:50 PM
I will just wear my minnie mouse witch ears complete with green hair lol

Hannah has so many costumes to choose from so she will likely decide that day what she wans to be lol. We have two halloween parties to go to as well so she will probably wear three different costumes lol

wombat2u2004
10-26-2011, 10:15 PM
Oh dear...is there someone to come and bail you out of jail when you get arrested? :p :) :D

Jail ?? They've gotta catch me first :D