PDA

View Full Version : Types of cat litter?

tikeyas_mom
10-23-2011, 11:11 AM
I just wondering, what kind of cat litter does everyone purrfer ;).

I just have Raven on max cat I believe... But its REALLY dusty... YUK :/..

Welcomed opinions please :)

Taz_Zoee
10-23-2011, 11:35 AM
I use Tidy Cat scoopable litter. It's not as dusty as some others I've used before. But they do make the pellet type litters. I've never tried those, but my sister has and liked them.

mrspunkysmom
10-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Feline Pine pellets has little to no dust. Right now I am using three different types in three boxes, Feline Pine clumping (dusty), Swheat Scoop (very dusty), and World's Best Clumping Multiple cats (very little dust, if any at all).

I think I will be switching over to World's Best as soon as I run out of the other stuff.

catmandu
10-23-2011, 12:31 PM
The Found Cats use a local:love: Green Cat itter because it is a competive price and is 70% more biodegrable!!!:love:
WE are concerned about the enviroment at the Found Cats Hotel:love:

prechrswife
10-23-2011, 01:47 PM
We also use the Tidy Cats Scoopable.

Freedom
10-23-2011, 05:46 PM
I've only ever used Tidy Cats Scoopable - it was the ONLY litter my first cat, Mr. Amber Cat, would use. He's been gone almost 10 years, but I still use only that. I do find it dusty and don't care for that. BUT so many on here have issues if they swap litters, I've been afraid to change and try something else! :eek:

tikeyas_mom
10-24-2011, 12:37 PM
I think most ppl are voting "Tidy Cat " So I'm going to look into that one on grocery day !. I just want whatever accumulates the least amount of dust because my son sometimes gets effected by allergies, and dust does bother him at times... I bought a litter box thats covered, and has a flappable door, and filter. Raven is scared of the door right now, so I removed it, but i'll try putting it back on in a week, and see how Raven reacts... That will probably keep the dust down ALOT too..

Pinot's Mom
10-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Tidy Cat - but I'm a rare NON-scoopable user. We've always used it - through three kitties (and about 25 years).

cassiesmom
10-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Tidy Cat - but I'm a rare NON-scoopable user. We've always used it - through three kitties (and about 25 years).

I am a non-scoopable user too. I use either Tidy Cats or Fresh Step. I've successfully used Petsmart's house brand too. Jewel (which is owned by Supervalu) and Dominick's (owned by Safeway) are the two local supermarket chains; I've tried both of their house brands but they were much more dusty than the national brands.

krazyaboutkatz
10-25-2011, 12:54 AM
I've tried almost every brand of litter that there is and I keep going back to Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Scoopable Unscented Litter. It forms hard clumps and isn't very dusty either. My cat Sky was diagnosed with mild asthma and this litter seems to agree with him much more than any other that I've used. You can buy it at Petsmart or online. I get mine at Pet Club and maybe a few other pet stores may carry it by now. Good luck.:)

snakemama
10-25-2011, 04:18 PM
We use Tidy Cat Scoopable, and despite a little dust, it doesn't aggravate Sherpa's asthma. :)

ToBeEvergreen
10-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Fresh Step scoopable works well for us, and seems to clump everything together well. The smell is more "clean" than other liters we have tried, although it can be dusty! Tried Arm and Hammer kind, and it did not hold in the smell very well, with 3 male cats who just love to pee.

moosmom
10-25-2011, 10:15 PM
I used Feline Pine up until I got Bartie. He was used to scoopable. So I now mix Tidy Cat (very little dust) and Fresh Results (Wal-Mart brand). It cuts down on what little dust there is and also controls odor.

chocolatepuppy
10-26-2011, 06:37 AM
Tidy Cat Scoopable here.

Cataholic
10-26-2011, 09:48 AM
We use World's Best (and most expensive) Cat Litter. No dust.