PDA

View Full Version : Zoe fell off the balcony! (She's ok)

Catty1
10-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Although it's fall, there are still some nice sunny late afternoons, so I let the threesome out on my balcony for fresh air. I am sitting nearby with the sliding door open.

Thought I heard an odd sound, but thought it was some people on the lawn below. Oscar and Cole came in, just inside the door - they looked baffled and even startled if such a thing is possible.

I had heard a cat meowing outside, which is not unusual - but for some reason I decided to close the balcony doors. I called for Zoe - she was nowhere on the deck and I started back inside - but then looked down from the balcony and there was my poor little girl, huddled against the fence, just wide-eyed and MEOWING her little head off!

I grabbed my keys and ran out the back door - my neighbour Trevor had come out on his 3rd floor balcony when he heard her (he's the one that works at the Humane Society and had delivered her to me as my foster almost a year ago) and talked to her...she was partway across the lawn to him when I got down there. Her tail was fluffed and she was still meowing constantly - but I picked her up carefully in case she was hurt.

She struggled slightly, clearly wanting to leap back UP to my balcony. Ummm....nope!

Anyway, Trevor met us at the downstairs door, we chatted for a minute, and I took her back to my place. No injuries - and she went to several different dishes and ate!

I guess my kitties aren't going out any more, certainly not until I get an enclosure built there.

THANK GOD she is okay!

sana
10-23-2011, 02:30 AM
Phew!!* Good to hear she's fine! :D Kisses and hugs for the little sweetie :) :love:

mrspunkysmom
10-23-2011, 08:00 AM
Oh my, how far up are you? Glad she's okay. How are they getting along now?

phesina
10-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Zoe, stay HOME now! You are a very lucky girl that you didn't get lost or hurt.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Catty1
10-23-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm on the second floor of a former apartment building that is now condos. A regular ladder on the bed of a pickup truck reaches my balcony (don't ask me how I know...lol)

As for how they are getting along, all is back to normal. 99% anyway. ;) There is still a bit of hissing, but that's how they adjust. I let them work it out.

Zoe was snuggled against my leg in bed last night, and I gave her extra head scritchies. I was SO grateful she wasn't hurt!:love::love::love:

Pinot's Mom
10-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Uh, Zoe (which, by the way, was my name before I came to live in Ellicott City), we must talk. I tried that jump from the high deck routine; it's NOT a good idea. I know, I know, it looks like a boatload of fun, but you got yourself a little stunned, didn't you? I did, too - Mom said I looked shell-shocked - whatever that means.:confused:

Next time you get one of those bright flashes of brilliance, call me on my cell, K? I've probably tried it.:rolleyes:

Love ya!
Purrs,
Pinot

catmandu
10-23-2011, 12:35 PM
Pouncer almost once gave me heart faiure one time by waking aong the railing of the 4th floor balcony,
and she would have landed on cement.:eek:
That was it and Pouncer and Mr Scrappy and My Princess never went out again, until the Porch was enclosed.
We are so glad that Zestful Zoe:love::love: was all right:love::love:

lizbud
10-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Sorry for the scare you had, but happy that Zoe wasn't hurt in the fall.

Had a wild thought that maybe the boys helped a little by pushing her off
the edge.:eek: Just kidding.:p Really, I'm glad they are all back to normal
now.:)

Catty1
10-23-2011, 01:11 PM
lizbud - knowing Zoe, she probably saw something she thought she could jump on to!

Probably, though, she jumped up to the balcony edge as usual and slipped.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Oh, my goodness!!! So glad Zoe wasn't hurt. Give her a kiss from me, ok?:love:

Scooter's Mom
10-23-2011, 01:52 PM
So glad little Zoe wasn't injured in her swan dive off the balcony!

Zoe, stay upstairs, sweetie!

Freedom
10-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Argh! Isn't it scary when they do that stuff? So glad she is OK!

I lived in a 2d story apartment and the kitties balanced on the rail and walked around it all the time -- gave me a panic each time they did, darn them! And Mr. Amber Cat twice swatted Chestnut who was a kitten (this is 14 years ago!) and tossed him right off the balcony! I'd come home from work and hear soft baby meows coming from the bush by the door and there was my wee 1 pound kitten! I'd take him up and had to stop leaving him out until he was bigger and could swat Amber back, lol.

krazyaboutkatz
10-24-2011, 12:36 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Zoe is fine. Hopefully she won't ever do this again.:) One time I found Sky walking along the railing and I'm also on the second floor. Now none of my cats are allowed out on my balcony.

cassiesmom
10-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Aww, Zoe! I am so glad you are okay! Gentle *kiss* for you and *kiss, kiss* for Cole and Oscar too.