PDA

View Full Version : Spooky Thursday #452

RICHARD
10-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Welcome to the House of Horrors....also known as the Thursday's bar.

I have pumpkin cupcakes and 15 bean soup for the group.

Pinot's Mom
10-20-2011, 08:49 PM
I hope not in that order, Richard.:p

I'm well past soup stage, so some pumpkin cupcakes, and I brought a fine Tawny Port to share! :)

slick
10-20-2011, 09:19 PM
Please give me a boatload of those beans. Maybe I can scare some of the idiots at work tomorrow. :eek:;)

An ugly, ugly week. I really need to get good and drunk this weekend. Anyone wanna join me???

A pitcher of anything you got going Richard. I don't care, just make it strong. Hopefully on my way home soon.

RICHARD
10-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Please give me a boatload of those beans. Maybe I can scare some of the idiots at work tomorrow. :eek:;)

An ugly, ugly week. I really need to get good and drunk this weekend. Anyone wanna join me???

A pitcher of anything you got going Richard. I don't care, just make it strong. Hopefully on my way home soon.

Let's drink some port and I have had the hankering for some tequila lately.

Baotlaod of beans?

DONE?

PM,
Sometimes I do my dessert before the main....thanks for the wine!

DONE!

gini
10-21-2011, 11:28 AM
Oh Richard, I can't do beans this early in the morning. But I will take a cupcake with my coffee.

What a great guy you are bringing all of the food.:love:

(15 bean soup - is that some kind of sick joke?):D:D

RICHARD
10-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Oh Richard, I can't do beans this early in the morning. But I will take a cupcake with my coffee.

What a great guy you are bringing all of the food.:love:

(15 bean soup - is that some kind of sick joke?):D:D

No, It's a real soup.

It comes in a package you can find at the store in the dried bean section.

You cook it up with a ham hock - the package has a recipe but I add celery and carrots to it - and it's the most wonderfully hearty meal on the planet.

I made some faux garlic/cheese bread w/it for dinner.

One Cupcake and a cafe?

DONE!

http://www.hurstbeans.com/

Karen
10-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Pumpkin cupcake, please, with cream cheese frosting? Okay, I'll make some more.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-21-2011, 05:33 PM
I've had 15 bean soup before. They also have 7 bean soup in packages for those who don't wan to walk on the really wild side. In the dried bean section. Where else. It looks ugly when you fix it but sure tastes good. :D

I'd love some if you have any left. And a boat load of cupcakes. Very stressful week. Need a super surgar fix. :D:love:

slick
10-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Richard, those beans sure did the trick. And speaking about tricks, are we dressing up the bar for Howleenie?? I could take Orc into the L&F and dig out the lights and stuff. We could have a costume contest next week if any one is up for it. What do y'all think?

7:30pm and I'm just wrapping up for the day and heading home. A couple of ice cold beers for the road please Richard. Thanks. I miss ya....:love::(

gini
10-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Mornin' to you all. Richard could I have a coffee with Bailey's and another one of those amazing muffins? Pretty please?

Lady's Human
10-24-2011, 11:14 AM
Coffee, Bailey's and a muffin, coming right up!

Slick, are you SURE you want to go into the L+F with orc? We kinda like havin you around.......lat time Richard went in there he didn't come out for quite a while. I've been hearing thumping from that direction too.:eek:

Pinot's Mom
10-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Slick, I'll stand guard when you go in if you'd like. A costume contest would be fun!

I've been eating junk all morning - I hate it when people bring that stuff to work! ;)

Could I just please get some diet ginger ale?

RICHARD
10-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Time to get rolling here.

Cupcakes for all......I can hardly wait for the pumpkin bread that should be cooking by next Tuesday.

I have to get cracking here and get the bar ready for the long winter!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-24-2011, 01:54 PM
Time to get rolling here.

Cupcakes for all......I can hardly wait for the pumpkin bread that should be cooking by next Tuesday.

I have to get cracking here and get the bar ready for the long winter!

DONE!
Richard since you are from California, do you know what a long winter is like? :confused: Just wondering. (and will Orc freeze up when it gets cold outside? ):D :love:

Karen
10-24-2011, 04:02 PM
He's in Kentucky - so a "long winter" is still gonna be shorter, likely, than what we get up here!

I just had my first cup of hot chai for the season. I'll make a pot if anyone wants some!

Don't worry about the Orc freezing, he's bulky enough that temperature doesn't bother him much. And we can always have him split and stack more firewood ... with supervision of course!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-24-2011, 04:15 PM
He's in Kentucky - so a "long winter" is still gonna be shorter, likely, than what we get up here!

I just had my first cup of hot chai for the season. I'll make a pot if anyone wants some!

Don't worry about the Orc freezing, he's bulky enough that temperature doesn't bother him much. And we can always have him split and stack more firewood ... with supervision of course!

Orc with an axe. Now there's what Halloween nightmare movies are made from. :D:love:

Karen
10-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Orc with an axe. Now there's what Halloween nightmare movies are made from. :D:love:

Naw, he just gets a wedge and a hammer, he's just splitting it, and given his ancestry, should be something he can do easily!

gini
10-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Where did all of these cobwebs and spiders come from? Orc...........what have you been doing? :eek:

pomtzu
10-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Nothing Halloweenie or spooky about this, but I just put a fresh baked German Chocolate Cake with coconut/pecan icing on the bar. Help yourself please. Can someone start the coffee???
PLEASE put the cover back on the cake plate after you get a slice tho. I sure don't want Orc's grubby little mitt prints in that sticky, gooey icing! :eek:
Pumpkin bread will be coming soon - just as soon as I get to the store for some pumpkin. :)

Lady's Human
10-25-2011, 12:00 PM
German Chocolate cake? Don't worry about Orc getting his fingerprints on the cake. It won't be there long enough for him to notice it! :p

What kind of coffee would you like? I'll run out and get it if we don't have any.

pomtzu
10-25-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm not a coffee snob - just a mild blend will do. I hear Dunkin Donuts pumpkin blend coffee is good - maybe we could try that?

Lady's Human
10-25-2011, 12:17 PM
DD pumpkin spice it is!

I'll just run out and get some while you slice the cake.

Hey, can someone get out the vacuum cleaner and de-spiderweb Orc? Looks like Slick got him to go into the L+F after all. Speaking of Slick.............has anyone seen her?

Lady's Human
10-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Who wants to help make applesauce and apple butter?

And no, Orc can;t help, he hasn't washed his feet from his L+F trip.

pomtzu
10-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Count me in - I love homemade applesauce. You have to peel tho. So many good things to make when it's apple pickin time.

Hmmm - guess no one's up for cake. Oh well, that's just all the more for you and me, LH! :D

Lady's Human
10-25-2011, 02:03 PM
No need to peel, just core and quarter.

Food mills make it easy.

100+ pounds of apples is going to be tough to deal with after eating 1/2 a cake, though.

pomtzu
10-25-2011, 03:05 PM
No food mill here. Darn! One of these days I'm going to pick up one of those contraptions that you stick the apple on and turn the handle, and a blade peels the apple as it turns. I wonder if they work all that good - but I suppose it would suffice for as much as I would use it - and no big loss at about $10 if it doesn't.

However, I don't think I'd care to do 100 lbs that way........:eek:

Karen
10-25-2011, 03:48 PM
No food mill here. Darn! One of these days I'm going to pick up one of those contraptions that you stick the apple on and turn the handle, and a blade peels the apple as it turns. I wonder if they work all that good - but I suppose it would suffice for as much as I would use it - and no big loss at about $10 if it doesn't.

However, I don't think I'd care to do 100 lbs that way........:eek:

They are okay, we have one, it doesn't seem to save much time, frankly, as apples are not perfect spheres or anything, but it is interesting to try ...

pomtzu
10-25-2011, 04:02 PM
They are okay, we have one, it doesn't seem to save much time, frankly, as apples are not perfect spheres or anything, but it is interesting to try ...

Thanks Karen. I'll have to give it a try, since these arthritic hands just can't peel anymore. Even if I had to "spot peel" some areas, it would be worth it to have the peeler doing the big majority of it.

Karen
10-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Thanks Karen. I'll have to give it a try, since these arthritic hands just can't peel anymore. Even if I had to "spot peel" some areas, it would be worth it to have the peeler doing the big majority of it.

Oh, yes, I forgot your hands were a problem! And if gripping the handle is hard, you can always pad it to make it easier to grasp. It theoretically works with potatoes, too, though they of course vary in shape even more than apples! I bet it might even work with other fruits or veggies, if they were small enough.