PDA

View Full Version : College Update

Roxyluvsme13
10-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Hi all!

I figured some of you might be interested in hearing about my college experiences as of lately. Kind of a pointless thread, but oh well, haha.

Today I had my advising appointment for my spring semester, and I went ahead and planned out the rest of my 2.5 years here after I'd met with my advisor.

Next spring I'm not sure if I'm going to have any animal science-related classes, but if I do, I will be taking Reproductive Physiology and Lactation, which I'm really excited about since I'm considering being a Reproductive Physiologist if Vet school somehow doesn't work out.

In my anatomy class, we just learned about the cardiac system, and we therefore dissected cow hearts :D. We then had a quiz, which I made a 44/50 on and I was really excited about that. I also dissected a cow leg a few weeks ago, also another interesting experience. When you cut a ligament or a tendon, the whole leg goes limp! It was just really cool to watch.

Everything's going okay right now, I have an A in Gen Chem 2, which I'm still shocked about, but anyway, I just wanted to drop in and let everyone know how everything is going! I apologize for not being around a lot, but I try to get on and post at least once a day if I have time.

beeniesmom
10-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Not a pointless thread silly! I love reading about you and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I never went to college so it's interesting to me.
Great job in GenChem2 and wow, a cow heart and leg dissection. Sounds fascinating. Keep us posted on what your doing. I always wanted to study to become a vet but life had other plans for me. :)

Karen
10-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Sounds great, and thanks for checking in! Keep up the good work!

Scooter's Mom
10-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Keep up the great work! Sounds like you're doing really well. :)

Roxyluvsme13
10-21-2011, 07:48 AM
Oh good, I'm glad y'all don't think this pointless :D.

Not a pointless thread silly! I love reading about you and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I never went to college so it's interesting to me.
Great job in GenChem2 and wow, a cow heart and leg dissection. Sounds fascinating. Keep us posted on what your doing. I always wanted to study to become a vet but life had other plans for me. :)
Thanks! I will :). You could always go back to school and be a vet, though it's a pain in the butt that it takes 8 years, haha.

Sounds great, and thanks for checking in! Keep up the good work!

Keep up the great work! Sounds like you're doing really well. :)
Thank you both! :)

Alysser
10-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Bri, sounds like you're doing awesome! Great job with Gen Chem! I am so nervous for that class lol.

Roxyluvsme13
10-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Bri, sounds like you're doing awesome! Great job with Gen Chem! I am so nervous for that class lol.
Well, it's one of the most failed classes at UT. GenChem1 that is. It's pretty much a weeding out class to see if you're actually going to make it in your major. If you really work at it though, you'll do fine, so don't worry too much!

Marigold2
10-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful news and please continue too.
It is so good to hear news from the young PT people and how they are making positive choices in their lives such as education.
You should be proud. Enjoy this time as you grow, get to know yourself and become an educated women.

*LabLoverKEB*
10-22-2011, 10:05 PM
AWESOME!!!! Sounds like you are doing exceptionally well! I love anatomy and physiology, even though I am done with school I still find myself constantly reading my veterinary textbooks! I can't seem to get enough!:p