PDA

View Full Version : Breaking a contract with Verizon - question!

CountryWolf07
10-19-2011, 02:58 PM
So, I'm going to break contract with Verizon, has anyone ever? I went up there today and asked how much it would be to break my contract - I still have my Droid until October of 2012 (uh.. that's quite a lot of time left on it) - I am actually going to switch to AT&T to get the iPhone 4S. They have a excellent deaf plan that I can use and get what I need, and only $45/month. It is a good deal. So, I found out that it would cost me $175 to break the contract. Does the price go down as you get closer to your 2-year contract plan? Like let's say, I wait until January or February, I get a iPhone, and would the price be lower than $175 to break to switch? Plus, my parents want me off the family plan since I am planning on moving in with Mike once we get a house, etc. so I'm preparing for it.

BitsyNaceyDog
10-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Would it be cheaper to get an iPhone 4S and stick with Verizon? Though, I'd imagine you'd get locked into a new 2 year contract. I'm not sure how that all works.

Freedom
10-19-2011, 05:43 PM
I don't know the answer to your specific question.

I once broke a contract with a cable company. Called and asked how much, was told, thought about it, went ahead and cancelled. (The service was awful, and the company I switched to was much much better, so service wise it was a fine choice, before and after.)

Imagine my surprise when I get my final bill at almost double what they told me on the phone! They didn't add in all the fees and taxes when they quoted me the cancellation cost!!! I phoned my state, as I could see how a sales tax applied at cancellation - no service or product was provided. Oh yes, they passed the law with cancellations specifically in mind, lol.

So be sure you are asking the right question as to what it will cost you!

CountryWolf07
10-19-2011, 06:27 PM
iPhones are more expensive with Verizon than AT&T. Yeah to switch from Verizon to AT&T - break contract.