PDA

View Full Version : LATEST UPDATE on ELLIE-MAE.

carole
10-19-2011, 04:23 AM
Ellie had her visit to the vet for her last injection,my usual vet is on holiday so i had another one, who has seen Ellie before,they had a student with her, so they had been reading up on her history so that was good.

It is with deep sadness i tell you that she thinks Ellie has a liver tumor, it was suspected that it was only a liver infection as she was responding to treatment, however she has had some very up and down days, but the liver is still enlarged and she felt there possibly was a mass there.

To say i am gutted is an understatement,i am still going to see my usual vet for his opinion, he has tried so hard to make Ellie well .

I will not be putting Ellie through any more surgery, pallitive care is my option for Ellie,and it looks like she will be back on prednisone again which is the pain relief they are offering me for her.

I will wait and see how she responds to this last antibiotic injection and then decide what option is best for her, i still am not giving up hope for me wee girl, and hoping that maybe the vet is wrong, i know a long shot, but you just have to believe that miracles do happen.

For now Ellie is doing ok, making sure she does not suffer is my top priority, and as i am very in tune with my cats behaviour , body language etc, i feel i will have a pretty good idea how she is.

you know i kind of suspected this all along, but i just did not want to believe the worst, and hoped for the best, i still do really.

I will be honest i am finding this unbearable, i cannot believe i will have to go through this again, and with her, i had hoped for a much better outcome after everything we did for her, i do question whether i did do the right thing with the major surgeries, as also her mouth is not as good as it was the last three months either, granted nothing near as bad as before surgery, but she does still have an ongoing problem, so really it was not a huge success.

I just feel emotionally drained,and to make matters worse my tooth just fell away this evening , so now i have to go to the dentist which i dread.
not coping very well with this news of Ellie,has set me off on a very downward spiral.

I wish i had better news to report, but i don't sadly.

prayers and good wishes are gratefully accepted for my precious darling wee baby girl, i love her with all my heart which is breaking in two right now., I just want to go and cry myself to sleep right now, thanks for listening my friends, it always helps to write my feelings down and to share with those who really understand.

phesina
10-19-2011, 04:52 AM
Oh Carole, I am so very sorry. I wish I could reach out around the world and hug you tightly. Prayers and warmth and loving energies are being sent to you and Ellie-Mae both.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and cats

carole
10-19-2011, 05:04 AM
Thank you Pat you have always been so kind and caring and brought me much comfort with your kind words, well i am off to bed now is 11.04 pm here in NZ, and i am just soooo.. tired,goodnite all.

catmandu
10-19-2011, 09:18 AM
:(:(
We are so sad to hear about Dear Ellie Mae.
It is so sda when Our Dear Friends become ill, we have such a feeling of helplessness.:(
We are sending all our prayers to you, and your Dear Cat Companion and we are praying for the best for Ellie Mae :love: and You:love:

Queen of Poop
10-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Sending prayers and good healing thoughts to both you and dear Ellie-Mae. :love:

Catty1
10-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Prayers and many hugs to you and dear Ellie-Mae.:love::love:

I hope there is a miracle for her and you.

With the dental treatment she had, she got to really eat and be pain free for quite some time, so I do think it was worth it.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Freedom
10-19-2011, 10:11 AM
You have done so much for and with Ellie Mae, to keep her comfortable, healthy and most of all to let her enjoy life and share her love with you. Don't be second guessing yourself now!

Sure makes sense to me at this point, to do the palliative care.

Hugs to you and gentle strokes to sweet Ellie Mae.

Taz_Zoee
10-19-2011, 11:30 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. I will be keeping you and Ellie-Mae in my thoughts.

Soapets
10-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Adding my thoughts and prayers for your beautiful sweet Ellie-Mae, and also for you! HUGS!:(:love::(:love:

Pinot's Mom
10-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Carole, I am so sorry to hear this; it's always so devastating. :(

You have, indeed, done all you can. Your heart has guided you and that's always the right way. Take care and let me know if there's anything you need from me. {{{hugs}}} to you and Ellie.

:love:Maggie

kuhio98
10-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Carole ~ Gentle hugs to you and Ellie-Mae.
You have been an angel to her. She would not have had such a wonderful life if you hadn't rescued her.

I hope the days you have together are good ones. :love:

cassiesmom
10-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Oh Carole, I am so very sorry. I wish I could reach out around the world and hug you tightly. Prayers and warmth and loving energies are being sent to you and Ellie-Mae both.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and cats

More prayers and thoughts from here too (((HUGS)))) :love:

kaycountrygal
10-19-2011, 01:16 PM
I am so sorry you have bad news regarding Ellie-Mae. As I read your post, I felt your pain and sadness. Please do not second guess yourself regarding the care you have given her. I am sure you did what you thought was best. We all want to help our pets and we do what we can... and then comes a time when we have to let go. Whatever happens I am sure you love her and she loves you. In my thoughts and prayers. Kay in NC

carole
10-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks guys your words bring me so much comfort, you know what i am not believing it yet,i know you probably think i am just clutching at straws, but she seems so good today, honestly apart from before i knew about her liver, she has only had one or two days where she was not very good, and it was nothing near as bad as the day i took her,there was one day i felt she was in pain, and i felt terrible,today she ate well and is all snuggled up in her cat bed sound asleep right now.

I am still going for that second opinion when my vet who i trust completely is back from his two week break,if he thinks the same then i guess i just have to accept it don't i and give her the best quality of life that is left, i just cannot imagine my life without her really, i have had her less time than i had my Ash, but she will leave an even bigger hole in my heart,as she is just so special, a fiesty wee girl with more purrsonality than the average kitty.,and she had such a hard life before i rescued her, i am just so happy that i managed to get her and give her at least six years of a wonderful, happy life.

Oh Lisa, if it weren't for your help i don't know that we would have been able to do what we did, i am eternally grateful, and i know it hurts you too to read my post, as you love Ellie too.

Well she is one very loved kitty worldwide,little does she know .

I am trying with all my spirit that is left within me, which is pretty darn broken right now, to think positive and still hope for a better outcome.

However i have decided when all my cats have left me for the rainbow bridge, i will not be getting anymore, i cannot take the heartache anymore,i am just not strong enough,besides hopefully my nikki and lexie will be with me for many years to come, i feel i have had a bit of bad luck with my cats, but surely it cannot continue.

Pet talk will always be a part of my life, whether i have pets or not, i have been here for at least eight years now, maybe more, cannot see me ever leaving my PT family, they are too important to me, and it is in times like this you realise just how much, thank you for your continued support, kindness,caring and love, means so much.

krazyaboutkatz
10-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Scooter's Mom
10-19-2011, 07:27 PM
I will keep you & Ellie-Mae in my prayers.

carole
10-19-2011, 08:41 PM
thanks so much, she has been so good today, i am just not ready to accept this diagnosis, i know you probably think i am in denial, but i am not, i am going by my kittys behaviour, her eating, etc etc, just wait until my vet is back and see what he has to say about it all, and then the antibiotics will have worn off as well, so we shall see. You know vets and doctors get it wrong sometime, i am hoping this is one of those cases.

mrspunkysmom
10-19-2011, 08:49 PM
You and Ellie Mae are in my prayers.

carole
10-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks from the bottom of my heart.:love: to everyone .

phesina
10-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Dear Carole, I know you are cherishing every moment you and your beloved Ellie-Mae spend together. We are all sending our love from here, big hugs from me and big purrs from the cats.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

katladyd
10-19-2011, 11:23 PM
I am hoping and praying with all my might that the vet was wrong. Please keep us posted and know that we all love Ellie-Mae very much.:love:

carole
10-20-2011, 12:08 AM
pat i have decided in my head that vet has made an incorrect diagnosis, yes maybe it is wishful thinking on my part, but hey it does happen,ellie has been pretty darn good today, so i am keeping my hopes up, i am not going to write her off just yet, as i said i will wait to see the vet i really trust, not that the other is not a good vet, she is, but she always seems to differ in opinion from mine, so we shall see.

phesina
10-20-2011, 07:48 AM
That's a good idea, Carole, to wait and see what the vet you trust most has to say. We continue to send you and Ellie-Mae all our love and prayers.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Randi
10-20-2011, 09:15 AM
Carole, I'm sending lots and lots of positive thoughts for Ellie-Mae, and for you. :love: :love:

I can understand you want your own vet's opinion, and I so hope that Ellie-Mae will pull through this. Please give her some gentle kisses from me.

(((hugs)))

ramanth
10-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Prayers and thoughts for you and Ellie-Mae. :love:

carole
10-20-2011, 01:32 PM
yes and the power of PT is massive, i believe in it too, thanks everyone, Ellie seems to be doing well at the moment, that is why i am puzzled, if it were cancer would the treatment do anything at all, but then on the other side there is no reduction in size of the enlarged liver which is not good.

Oh well i am just going to keep thinking positive and we shall indeed see.,love to prove her wrong wouldn't you?