PDA

View Full Version : Learning about Taffy's history (over 2000 SIBLINGS!!!)

ToBeEvergreen
10-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Anyone who has or has owned a greyhound, I encourage you to go to Greyhound-data.com, if you want to know more about your dog.

I've been looking at Taffy's racing history. She was "Tailwaggin' Taffy". I contacted the person who adopted her mother Tailwaggin' Tiff, and we've been emailing back and forth. I love learning about Taffy's mom.

Taffy is black, her mom is white and brindle. Her dad is black and looks just like her- he is being used for breeding still on the track

Now, I'm going through and contacting the rescue groups who saved her siblings. She was one of 6 in a liter, and all her siblings are male, and black like her.

She has 7 siblings on her mom's side as well, and about... oh, 2400 on her father's side. I'm not exaggerating, it's a little over 2400- he was a good "sire", so they've kept breeding him. It's sad how easy it is to breed a male dog.

Here is Taffy (the first pic), and in the attached pics are Trent Lee and Tiff, her parents :).

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc487/LoneQuack/DSC02943.jpg

SWHouston
10-18-2011, 11:53 PM
WOW, those eyes could pull a treat out of my pocket any time day or night ! :love:

wolfsoul
10-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Wow, so different in Belgians. In Belgians, trying to own a popular stud is very difficult (atleast in North America these days -- in Europe it's entirely different). You're lucky if another breeder wants to use him, and most consider a popular stud one with only 10 or more litters on the ground, which doesn't happen often for most Belgian boys. I've been really lucky to have so many inquiries about Tandem.

Pretty dogs!!

kaycountrygal
10-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Oh My! Very interesting.

ToBeEvergreen
10-19-2011, 03:53 PM
Wow, so different in Belgians. In Belgians, trying to own a popular stud is very difficult (atleast in North America these days -- in Europe it's entirely different). You're lucky if another breeder wants to use him, and most consider a popular stud one with only 10 or more litters on the ground, which doesn't happen often for most Belgian boys. I've been really lucky to have so many inquiries about Tandem.

Pretty dogs!!

Yeah with greys, they breed the good racers as much as possible. I heard something about sending out sperm samples for artificial insemination as well, out to other states. They want to keep the good lines going as much as possible.

WOW, those eyes could pull a treat out of my pocket any time day or night ! :love:

Bahaha, she's got these big, imploring eyes.