PDA

View Full Version : Pet Birthdays - know yours?

Karen
10-18-2011, 12:15 PM
The radio show I am working with has a Pet Astrologer - if you know your pet's birthdate - exact day is best, but "early May, 2009" or so will do if necessary) and can send it to me, Joyce could do a reading for them for tomorrow's show - let me know!

Grace
10-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Duffy - May 22, 1998

Abby - August 11, 2002

Grady - 1st week of April 2003

Reese - mid-June 2001

The other two we have no clue :)

Karen
10-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Is there one you'd like a chart for more than the others? It'll be a "mini chart ..." I think - this is a new venture!

Grace
10-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Is there one you'd like a chart for more than the others? It'll be a "mini chart ..." I think - this is a new venture!

That would be Reese, the Diva in the house :)

Thanks, Karen.

Randi
10-18-2011, 12:52 PM
That's interesting! Fister's Birthday is May 20th 1996. It could be one or two days off, though. I'd love to hear what she has to say. :) Take into account that he was born in Copenhagen.

Karen
10-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Excellent, I'll send these to her!

Queen of Poop
10-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Cali and Diego were born September 1, 2007

Randi
10-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Thank you, Karen! :)

Fister is also born in the year the Rat. ;)
http://www.chinesezodiac.com/rat.php

dab_20
10-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Molli was born August 17, 2004.
Sam was born August 14, 2005.

Springen was born sometime in July (We think), 2008.

Taz_Zoee
10-18-2011, 01:52 PM
The only one I know the exact DOB of is Zoee. January 12th, 2005.
And seriously, if someone can tell me what is going on with this dog I would be FOREVER grateful!!

Roxyluvsme13
10-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Lily was born October 13, 2005
Tallulah was born March 2, 2009
Domino was born May 30, 2011

I'd prefer Lily over any of them though!

Freedom
10-18-2011, 03:53 PM
I saw the title, and was all set to reply: Yep, know all 15 of them! LOL Well, being rescues, a most are only "about" dates. I have exact dates for 5 of them - 2 dogs and 3 cats.

That sounds interesting, I'd love to "see" a chart, if anyone wants to share afterwards. I have no clue what it could be like!

Karen
10-18-2011, 04:07 PM
We have a ten minute segment with Joyce, so probably will only get to a couple tomorrow, but I'll ask about the others for future shows! We'll see how it goes tomorrow. I'll find out after the taping when the show will air, and folks can "listen live" over the Internet! And I'll try to write down as much as I can that I remember while taping, though that is kinda tricky ...

mrspunkysmom
10-18-2011, 06:26 PM
If you have time:

Mr. Spunky around August 15, 2001

Sam - around April 15, 2003

Jane - Between April 15 and May 1st, 2009

If I can have only one, I would like to know what's up with Sam.

Thanks for offering. :)

caseysmom
10-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Bubba is October 23 and he will be 7 this year so, 2004.

Alysser
10-18-2011, 11:20 PM
Mikey was born September 29, 2007

wolf_Q
10-18-2011, 11:52 PM
Nebo May 23rd 2002
Keva Oct 14th 2006
Skya June 21st 2008

Killers birth year is roughly 2005 but we don't know any more than that.

manda_moo87
10-19-2011, 12:49 AM
Don't know the exact dates, only month. :)

Squeekers is May 2000.
Misty is (mid) September 2003.

Bengalz
10-19-2011, 08:41 AM
Eve is mid December 2003 - unfortunately that is just a guess:(

fritz03
10-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Heidi was born on August 16,2010.

chocolatepuppy
10-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Layla was born June 30, 2006
Missy, February 27, 2000
Jake, as an owner turn in was said to be born October 13, 2007 and was young enough for that to be accurate.
All of my other furkids, including RB, were 'good guesses' which isn't that hard for a puppy or kitten. My two lastest rescues however, could be off a bit as they were not kittens when I got them.;)
This is an interesting thread Karen even if my furkids don't get included. I always insist on all of them having a birth date! For my puppies and kittens that were 'iffy', I went by how old they were 'said' to be and the vet's opinion. Then I'd go back that many weeks and make that day their birthday.:D With my two latest rescued kittys, their birthdays and age are a bit 'iffy', so I made their birthday the day I adopted them!:D

Barbara
10-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Orion 30th November 2009
Kiri early May 2010 ( a taurus?)
Filou 4th of February 1996
Tigris 21th of February 1996

Randi
10-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Kiri early May 2010 ( a taurus?)
Is she stubborn? Then yes! :D

Karen
10-19-2011, 01:52 PM
We did talk about Reese - Grace's Diva kitty! She did such a thorough chart on Reese that we only talked about her. I'll see if Joyce will be on next week, and Grace, the show will air on this Sunday @ 11AM to 2 PM on www.w4cy.com - so you can listen online! We will be the first hour of the show, I think, not sure! Because you gave us the other kitty's birthdates, she also talked about Duffy and how Duffy and Reese interact.

They both are Gemini with a strong Mars influence ... you'll hear when you listen to the show, she gave a lot of info on them, and why Reese is Diva-like!

Grace
10-19-2011, 03:11 PM
We did talk about Reese - Grace's Diva kitty! She did such a thorough chart on Reese that we only talked about her. I'll see if Joyce will be on next week, and Grace, the show will air on this Sunday @ 11AM to 2 PM on www.w4cy.com - so you can listen online! We will be the first hour of the show, I think, not sure! Because you gave us the other kitty's birthdates, she also talked about Duffy and how Duffy and Reese interact.

They both are Gemini with a strong Mars influence ... you'll hear when you listen to the show, she gave a lot of info on them, and why Reese is Diva-like!

Very cool - thanks, Karen :) I've got a post-it on the computer, and bookmarked the station. Interesting, how Duffy and Reese interact - can't wait to hear what she says on this subject.

I'm glad I popped in first to this thread :)

Karen
10-19-2011, 05:56 PM
I just spoke to the producer, and that portion of the show will be in the first hour, at 11 a.m., it'll be me by myself, then it'll be Joyce the astrologer with me, and she'll be telling me what she found. She asked a few questions, and I think I muffed one, she asked who came to the household first, Reese or Duffy, and I said Reese, but then afterwards realized I was not sure on that part. It doesn't effect what she said, though, thank goodness!

Grace
10-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Duffy came first, when he was 6 months old. It was 3 more years before Reese found us.

momcat
10-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Groucho's birthdate is March 23, 2001

Sowa
10-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Clover is May 20th, 2011 :D

beeniesmom
10-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Beenie was born in NOV 2003 and Frankie in MAY of 2005.
I can't believe Beenie will be 8 soon.

moosmom
10-21-2011, 06:14 AM
Karen,

Wow!! I've had SOOOO many cats come and go in my house, I'd have to seriously look up their DOB's. Unfortunately, my older pet records are in a locked file in my SIL's garage in MI.

I have an idea of how old they are, but not they're exact birthdays.

Maya Linn - 13 years old
Little Mews Faberge (aka Shortie Girl) - 13 years old
Spikerdude - 10 years old
AustinButchie - 18 months old
Isis - Janurary 10, 2010 - almost 2
Bad @$$ Buddie - 6 years old
Lucy Noel Lu - 3 years old (?)
Bartie - 16 years old

Karen
10-23-2011, 08:23 AM
Just a reminder - the All Paws Pet Talk show where the astrologer talks about Reese with me will air today, online from 11-2, or if you are in Florida, you can listen over the airwaves! http://w4cy.com/

Grace
10-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Okay - it's 11am and I'm not hearing pets, I'm hearing something spiritual :eek:

Help!!!

pomtzu
10-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Okay - it's 11am and I'm not hearing pets, I'm hearing something spiritual :eek:

Help!!!

Same here - a show called "Spiritually Speaking". If you look at the Sunday schedule, All Paws is supposed to be on, just as Karen said.

Grace
10-23-2011, 10:14 AM
11:14 - religion is over and some sort of music is on now :confused:

Grace
10-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Karen - can you remember what the woman said about Reese? If so, would you be so kind as to post it here. This radio station stuff is not working :(

Grace
10-23-2011, 10:48 AM
It does say on the website that All Paws Pets is supposed to be on now - but all I'm hearing is music and commercials. Tried calling the station - no luck.

Karen
10-23-2011, 12:20 PM
I can send you the audio file, Grace! Hang on, I will email it to you in just a minute. That's annoying that they didn't stream the show like they said they would!

Karen
10-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Grace the show is on again now - you can listen at http://www.w4cy.com - they started it late this afternoon, so are replaying it!

Grace
10-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Karen, the audio you sent me worked, so we listened this afternoon. I'm going to listen again later, and will comment on the things that fit Reese, and those that don't.

After listening to Joyce, it's hard to think Reese and Duffy the same sign - they really are different.

Karen
10-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Still interested in your feedback when you have the chance, Grace!

And Randi - we did Fister's astrological chart this week - I mean the astrologer woman did it, and we discussed him! It will be on the Sunday show that airs in Florida, and online at http://w4cy.com/ - it is supposed to air 11 am - 1 pm our time, so you might be able to listen online. If it doesn't start right at 11, wait a few minutes and restart the feed, as once the feed goes to "default music" you have to close it and start again to hear what is actually airing.

If you are not able to hear it, let me know, and I can email you the audio file!

pomtzu
10-28-2011, 11:11 AM
I'd love to have Myndi and Sparky (especially Myndi), charted some day if you can fit them in.

Myndi ~~~ 1-24-1996

Sparky ~~~ 2-28-1999. This is accurate to within a couple of weeks, as he was born sometime late Feb to mid-March. I just gave him this date since it is easy to remember.

Thanks!

Randi
10-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Thank you, Karen, I can hardly wait! :cool: I just hope it's not on in the middle of night here. I could hear the other shows, so I don't think there'll be a problem, BUT... it's good to know you'll have the audio file. :)

Grace
10-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Finally got time to listen to the audio clip again. This time I took notes :)

Let me tell you a bit of the cat history in this house. Duffy came to us in November of 1998. He was bullied by Mouse, another orange/white male we had; but he was loved by Phineas, also orange/white. He was always a bit reserved, kept his own council, not a mean bone in his body.

In 2000 we adopted Henry, another Gemini, born on May 26, 2000. He was a wild thing – climbing trees, running around on the roof of the house. Full of life. A year later we got Reese – in the Fall of 2001. Reese and Henry fell seriously in love. He would wash her, cuddle her, and she adored him.

Henry got really sick in the late summer of 2002, and died on Labor Day. Reese had lost her best friend. So she latched onto Duffy.

I’m not sure Duffy was thrilled about it, but he does humor her – to a point. He will bathe her, and cuddle, but not for as long or as often as Henry would.

Then in June 2003, Mouse died. Mouse had been the Alpha cat. Now the others were looking at Duffy, and he wanted no part of that role. He is decidedly non-dominant. But he will let the others know when they are pestering him too much. He likes life peaceful and quiet.

Reese would love to go outdoors and eat grass. But the girls are indoor only – the 4 boys go in and out. Harness Reese – Joyce was correct on this – doubt she would tolerate this.

Charming and happy-go-lucky are words I would never use to describe Reese. She's a gorgeous cat, with the disposition of a snake :)

Duffy is sweet, non-confrontational, not a mean bone in his body. He's my :love: cat.

Randi
10-30-2011, 08:25 AM
Well Karen, I've been listening to this station a few times today and in between the talk, they play some good music. :)

We have changed to winter time here today, but I think that you are 6 hours ahead of Denmark=GMT+1. I will check again at 16:00 GMT, just to be sure.

Karen
11-02-2011, 02:50 PM
So today, we had the astrologer do a chart for Zoee, and Cindy (Taz_Zoee) was even able to call in and be part of the taping! I'll let her tell you how it went, folks, and when I know when it will air, I'll let you know!

Taz_Zoee
11-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Thanks Karen! :D I'm not looking forward to hearing myself though. :eek::o

So Joyce basically said Zoee is "depressed" and wants a job to do. My problem with that is her issue she has when encountering other dogs. I would (and should) get her into training classes, but they are too expensive right now. But Karen was quick to bring up an article she had read about scent training. I read the article and remembered (DUH!) that my sister had a German Shepherd who did scent training. He was a retired police dog (had to retire young due to hip issues). So my sister knows exactly how to do this type of training. I know this weekend I will be on the phone with her getting all kinds of tips on this. :D

Joyce said that Zoee is bored....not necessarily depressed. Depressed would be the human characteristic to compare it too.

So I am going to make a point of working with Zoee each day one-on-one. She likes to be in charge and be active. So Taggart will have to sit in the house and watch out the window. :) We can get her back into frisbee. That was an activity Bruce used to love doing with her. We haven't kept up on it because Taggart would always just take the frisbee from her and she would just let him and go lay down. So I am going to see if Bruce will work with me on this and take a break or two during the day for some Zoee frisbee time.

I will have to find an activity for Taggart too. I am one of those people that has to be "fair" with the dogs. Not that they know the difference...but I do. LOL

Karen, please fill anything I might have forgotten. My head is spinning right now with all kinds of ideas so I probably forgot somethings.

Once my finances get back in order (after I get my surgery paid off for the most part) Zoee will be going to the vet to have her leg looked at more in depth. She is going to have to have an xray or something....pricey!! Trust me, if her leg was slowing her down at all she'd be at the vet right now. But she still runs full speed all the time. She isn't sensitive when I touch/rub the leg either.

Thanks again Karen. That was just a neat experience and lots of fun! :D :D

Karen
11-02-2011, 04:06 PM
She said the "needing a job" was because Zoee is a Capricorn, and strongly Capricorn, has several planets in that sign. And so needs to have a job, something to do, where she feels she's accomplishing something. She asked how Zoee gets along with Taggart, and concluded that Zoee likely see herself a an indulgent parent to him, so lets him get away with things even though she, Zoee, is in change.

Lefty Biscuits
11-02-2011, 05:51 PM
This is Cowboy: We would love a reading!!! BD is 12/18/2005

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6041/6214983873_bdc9d5082f.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/68342305@N08/6214983873/)

Karen
11-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Hey, welcome to Pet Talk! Why don't you go introduce yourself - and Cowboy, of course, over in Introductions!

Taz_Zoee
11-03-2011, 12:46 PM
She said the "needing a job" was because Zoee is a Capricorn, and strongly Capricorn, has several planets in that sign. And so needs to have a job, something to do, where she feels she's accomplishing something. She asked how Zoee gets along with Taggart, and concluded that Zoee likely see herself a an indulgent parent to him, so lets him get away with things even though she, Zoee, is in change.

Yes, that's right! And now when I watch them together I can see this clearly. She lets him come in the door first. Almost like she's making sure he gets inside safely. :D

Karen
11-07-2011, 01:58 PM
That's so good! Glad to hear it! I let Joyce know it helped as well, she wasn't sure after we finished the recording!

Karen
11-09-2011, 04:57 PM
So today' Joyce did a chart for Roxyluvsme's Lily, the Pomeranian. She said Lily, being a Libra, is very social, and want everyone to love her. And that she would want to be the queen of the pets. When I asked why she didn't seem to like other dogs, she said that it's not that she doesn't like the dogs themselves, but that she hates conflict and confrontation, if everyone would be calm and peaceful, she'd be okay with that. But dogs (other dogs anyway) do tend to want to play and be boisterous and she would not like that. I asked a couple other questions, and also mentioned that now in particular, Libras might have a hard time with change, so all that combined might have factored into her not liking Jack in particular. There's more to it, but I will send you the audio file when I get it Bri!

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2011, 06:48 AM
So today' Joyce did a chart for Roxyluvsme's Lily, the Pomeranian. She said Lily, being a Libra, is very social, and want everyone to love her. And that she would want to be the queen of the pets. When I asked why she didn't seem to like other dogs, she said that it's not that she doesn't like the dogs themselves, but that she hates conflict and confrontation, if everyone would be calm and peaceful, she'd be okay with that. But dogs (other dogs anyway) do tend to want to play and be boisterous and she would not like that. I asked a couple other questions, and also mentioned that now in particular, Libras might have a hard time with change, so all that combined might have factored into her not liking Jack in particular. There's more to it, but I will send you the audio file when I get it Bri!
Lily is the queen of the pets :o, so that makes a lot of sense! Everything else Joyce said makes a whole lot of sense too. Can't wait for the audio file!

Karen
11-11-2011, 02:40 PM
I just emailed the whole audio file to you, Bri! I look forward to hearing what you think!

Roxyluvsme13
11-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Wow, Karen!

Everything Joyce said was so spot on!

She talked about how Lily has social grace and how she is queen, which is very true, as well as how she might have felt lonely due to receiving less attention when Duke was around, which also seems true, because Lily gets jealous very easily.

The thing she said about Domino and Tallulah was very true too! They're pretty close (though Domino annoys the heck out of Lily and Tallulah :p).

Very informative reading. I enjoyed it and was surprised at the accuracy!

Varga
11-11-2011, 05:25 PM
I would be interested in hearing about Taggart. Particularly since he's been through some major life changes recently... Like moving from Europe to the U.S and then again moving within the U.S from one coast to the other, losing Tiki and Leo and him all of a sudden being an only pet, gaining a human "dad" etc.
He doesn't seem particularly bothered though. He seems to always just live right in the moment and gets fun out of the smallest things. Or at least that's how I perceive it...

I don't know his exact birthday though. But somewhere in February-March 2006 is probably most accurate.

Karen
11-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Varga, I also have animal communicators on the show, would that be something you'd be interested in for Taggart? Joyce really needs a birthdate within a week or so ...

You can see Freedom's thread (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=170540), I had one, Vickie Emanuel, contact her Willy this week!

Crayons09
11-11-2011, 07:24 PM
I would love to have Ole's or Keva's done. Ole's birthday 11-21-09 and Keva's 9-13-10. Ole is my trouble boy that still isn't potty trained and he also has horrible separation anxiety. When left alone he howls and will usually destroy something of mine or pee on it:rolleyes: He is also my little lover boy that loves everyone and everything that he meets:love: Of the two Ole would be the one I would like her to try and figure him out.
But if she finds it easier to do Miss Keva. Keva I got her when she was just about 6 months old. She had round worms and coccidia. She is now gaining weight and is enjoying life outside of the kennel.

Varga
11-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Well, since he's a rescue, I don't know his exact birthday. I got him on March 7th 2007, so I usually list his birthday as March 7th 2006. That's the closest I can get :(

Karen
11-16-2011, 05:46 PM
So today, we did a mini profile for mrsspunkysmom's Sam, and I remember Joyce said he's an Aries, which is why he can be so stubborn, and as a "ram" likes to be in charge. But he also has a planet in Venus, which is why he can be so loving and groom the other kitties. That helps him feel more in charge.

As to why he doesn't like being groomed himself, she asked if he was a rescue, and maybe had some issues in his past, because as an Aries, he'd hang on to that memory strongly. But mainly it is about being in control. I'll email you the audio file when I get it, Anne!

As you can tell, folks, I'm kind of going in order of who asked first, and who responds when I email them! ;)

mrspunkysmom
11-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Well, the control thing answers a lot, but I knew that. Even I have to ask permission to touch him. He also hides when he goes any place new.

He used to be buddies with Spunky so I am not sure if something happened or what. Sam didn't like me for several months. He was a feral from a barn that I adopted at 9 weeks old.

For the longest time he thought Spunky was the "bringer of the food". When he was hungry, he would go get Spunky, who would come and get me.

Laugh all you want. He's not terribly bright, but he is my Sam.

Karen
11-17-2011, 05:27 PM
I just emailed you the audio file, let me know what you think!

Karen
11-23-2011, 02:52 PM
So today we did caseysmom's Bubba. Joyce said he's a Scorpio, and that his moon is either in Aquarius or something else, but his wanting to attack other dogs is because he feels like he's protecting you, and that's his job. She also said he is just a - not serious, per se, but not gonna be a "jolly" dog, but not to worry about that, it's just the way he is, and he loves you and is devoted to you most of all, so while he may not be a rollicking pup, he's content in his own way ...

There is more, I will send you the audio file when I get it, okay?

luvofallhorses
11-23-2011, 04:57 PM
Buster - January 10th, 2004.
Dixie - October 7th, 2009

I am not quite certain of the others. :)

caseysmom
11-23-2011, 09:06 PM
So today we did caseysmom's Bubba. Joyce said he's a Scorpio, and that his moon is either in Aquarius or something else, but his wanting to attack other dogs is because he feels like he's protecting you, and that's his job. She also said he is just a - not serious, per se, but not gonna be a "jolly" dog, but not to worry about that, it's just the way he is, and he loves you and is devoted to you most of all, so while he may not be a rollicking pup, he's content in his own way ...

There is more, I will send you the audio file when I get it, okay?

Oh thanks Karen! Thats completely true about him being devoted to me, he follows me around the house and nudges my leg with his nose!

Karen
12-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Sorry, I will be sending the audio files to you this evening! It's just been a busy week!

Karen
12-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Bubba is October 23 and he will be 7 this year so, 2004.

I just emailed you the audio file with Joyce's chart for Bubba. What gets cut off at the end is, I asked her why he is so serious all the time, and what you can do to make him happy. She said just pet him, he's not necessarily complicated or that demonstrative, and he loves you so much, that would just be the best thing ever.

finn's mom
12-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Finn's a Christmas Eve pup. :) He'll be 8 years old this Christmas! :love:

Karen
12-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Amy, I'm now going to email you Skya's reading with Joyce, it was very interesting, let us know what you think!

wolf_Q
12-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Sorry for a late reply, thanks for getting the reading it was very interesting. I still do not think she was abused before I got her, but when I got her she and her siblings were carried in the store by kids (I'm not sure whose kids they are the girl I got her from doesn't have kids) so there is a possibility she was teased by kids as a very young pup or something. She mentioned that it could just be I'm not used to her being skittish because the others are outgoing - no, she is VERY skittish with strangers, it's not just that she isn't as outgoing as the others...Nebo was somewhat skittish with strangers until he was around a year (you'd never know it now he's not that way at all) but nothing like her. She's such a nut though because she gets super excited to leave the house, drags me into petco when I take her even though she knows there's strangers there...she's still stoked about going. And she's over the top happy and lovable with Corby and I, ridiculously affectionate, she'll rub her head on me like a cat. So what she said about her being a very loving dog is true. She's very loving with dogs she knows too, she follows the others around wanting to lick their faces, she's very sweet with her friends. When meeting new dogs she acts like a bossy brat and if they back down to her or just don't react then they are new BFFs and she loves them, if they act like a brat back she thinks she's a wolf not a tiny husky. :rolleyes: Weirdest dog I've ever known. I hope what she said about her having phases is true and maybe her nervousness will end, she has gotten better over the years. When strangers would come over before she'd hide and not even come out, now she'll come out and sniff people (when they aren't looking, if they turn around she bolts) and often will hang out in the room with strangers. She said she would be particularly close with Nebo, I'd say she's closer to Keva, they stick together most of the time Keva kind of took the roll as "mom" to her when she was little. But she still loves Nebo a lot they are all very close (Killer too) my dogs are a great little pack.