PDA

View Full Version : Can you spoil a cat?

happylabs
10-18-2011, 11:37 AM
My best friend says that my cats are spoiled. I say you cannot spoil a cat.

What say the PT crowd?

This came up over the weekend when my 3 darlings wouldn't eat the healthy cat food I had bought them. My friend Bob says, you are spoiling them. Just leave the food there until they eat it. :eek:

Randi
10-18-2011, 11:46 AM
LOL! No, I don't think you can spoil a cat - it works wonders with Fister! :) :love: :D :cool:

kaycountrygal
10-18-2011, 12:20 PM
hmmmm, Maybe you can spoil a cat... not sure. I know how it is to buy cat food and see if cat likes it. We humans try so hard to please our cats.

katladyd
10-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Of course you can spoil a cat! I do that on a daily basis and I love it!:D

kittycats_delight
10-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Would Bob like it if he was given a meal he didn't like and was told he wasn't getting anything else until he ate it even if it sat there for 2 or 3 days? I think not. I think a cat needs to be given options that doesn't mean they are spoiled. Pirate tells me when I can get up and will very verbally let me know he is not happy if I disturb his napping on me so that I will sit still but doesn't mean he is spoiled now does it? :p

happylabs
10-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Would Bob like it if he was given a meal he didn't like and was told he wasn't getting anything else until he ate it even if it sat there for 2 or 3 days? I think not. I think a cat needs to be given options that doesn't mean they are spoiled. Pirate tells me when I can get up and will very verbally let me know he is not happy if I disturb his napping on me so that I will sit still but doesn't mean he is spoiled now does it? :p

LOL...probably not. Bob grew up on a farm and animals were to be outside. He truly does not understand the love I have for my cats. He does like my cats though and will pet all three of them and call them over to him. Of course, they love him and Tink especially loves his shoes. :D
He knows he will get nowhere with me when he says things like they are spoiled or just put them outside.

kittycats_delight
10-18-2011, 03:41 PM
There are so many people like that. Here in Italy the vast majority think cats should be outside & free but then again most dog live outside as well. The entire neighborhood thinks I am out of my head. The kids think it's great though. If they find a kitty they don't know or an injured bird they come ring for me to help. LOL I have converted a few though. One of my husband's friends now has 7 cats. He had 2 until about or 8 months ago then another came around and he was feeding her trying to get her to trust him by the time he did low & behold she was pregnant. So, she moved in and had her babies. He kept them all. Everyone except the kittens have been spayed and all 4 kittens are going in next month to be altered. He had never had an animal altered until I told him all the issues related to unaltered animals now he is a very vigilant catdad. It's pretty awesome.

Freedom
10-18-2011, 03:49 PM
He had never had an animal altered until I told him all the issues related to unaltered animals now he is a very vigilant catdad. It's pretty awesome.

That is wonderful!

Hmm, can you spoil a cat? Seems to me, cats just assume that they WILL BE treated like ROYALTY and then some. And if they don't get it, well, as we've seen on here, they just may go find themselves another home where the servants don't need so much training, lol.

mrspunkysmom
10-18-2011, 06:09 PM
That is wonderful!

Hmm, can you spoil a cat? Seems to me, cats just assume that they WILL BE treated like ROYALTY and then some. And if they don't get it, well, as we've seen on here, they just may go find themselves another home where the servants don't need so much training, lol.

Is that how I ended up with 5 cats?

My answer to your question is twofold.

1) Yes, you can spoil a cat.

2) Why would you want to NOT spoil your cat? Or why wouldn't you spoil your cat? I think it's criminal to not spoil a cat.

Every cat deserves to be spoiled.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

chocolatepuppy
10-18-2011, 07:09 PM
I believe my cats are spoiled. I'm their personal slave.;) I would never let one of my furkids go hungry because they didn't like a certain food!

Chatanuga
10-18-2011, 07:20 PM
My cats are probably spoiled. They know exactly when treat time is and get quite vocal (and physical) when they're wanting their treats. If I'm on my PC in my office with the door closed, they'll know it's time and start pawing away at the door to let me know.

krazyaboutkatz
10-19-2011, 01:04 AM
My cats are very pampered and spoiled.:) Luckily they love the food that I feed them too.:)

catmandu
10-19-2011, 09:43 AM
:love::love:
I think that you can NEVER spoil a Cat.
:cool::cool:
In fact I feel badly when I do not spoil My Ctas, as I know that one day they may not be there:(

Soapets
10-19-2011, 11:45 AM
They're not SPOILED :eek:, just LOVED! :D:love::);):):love::D

cassiesmom
10-19-2011, 01:12 PM
I believe I've spoiled my cat Cassie. Would I change anything I've done? No way! Well, one thing, I might have gone ahead with purchasing the water bubbler.

happylabs
10-19-2011, 01:16 PM
So it is unanimous! Cats cannot be spoiled, they can only be loved. I will have to report this back to my friend. Last night's topic was why did I have 8 litter boxes. I told him I have two for each cat, one for #1 and one for #2, and then there are a couple extras. :D

He thinks I spend too much money on them. I would much rather spend money on them.

RICHARD
10-21-2011, 11:17 AM
You know a cat is spoiled by checking the "Good By Date" on the belly.

happylabs
10-21-2011, 01:24 PM
You know a cat is spoiled by checking the "Good By Date" on the belly.

LOL!!!! I am going to tell that to my friend Bob. Thank you so much for that Richard.

katladyd
10-21-2011, 02:02 PM
ROTFLMAO! Richard, I checked and all of mine have a Good By date of Infinity. I guess it's true. CATS CAN'T BE SPOILED!:D

mrspunkysmom
10-21-2011, 07:58 PM
He thinks I spend too much money on them. I would much rather spend money on them.

Agreed! Rotflol http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=470&pictureid=4609

moosmom
10-22-2011, 07:21 AM
I think the correct question is DO you spoil a cat. I know I do!!

My crew of 8 (still not into the double digits, thankyouverymuch!!) are the most spoiled cat in the state of CT!

Scratching boxes (they LOVE 'em) for each of them. It's like walking around land mines in my tiny place! Cat trees in 3 windows. Canned food in the morning, with free feed Wilderness and two water fountains.

I'm lucky they allow me what little living space I DO have!!!

redbird
10-22-2011, 01:11 PM
My best friend says that my cats are spoiled. I say you cannot spoil a cat.

What say the PT crowd?

This came up over the weekend when my 3 darlings wouldn't eat the healthy cat food I had bought them. My friend Bob says, you are spoiling them. Just leave the food there until they eat it. :eek:

My kitty Autumn is very spoiled. I wouldn't know any other way to trreat her:love:

Snickismylife
12-03-2011, 11:53 AM
That is wonderful!

A lady at work taught me the truth your animals own you !!!!
YOU pet them
YOU clean the litter box
YOU buy the food
YOU feed them
YOU groom them
YOU make sure they are comfy at all times
YOU or I leave the tv on while im at work for her lol maybe its just me

GILL
12-05-2011, 09:11 AM
I have not spoiled my cats.
They just have me well trained.

1. Water bowls (4) and fountains (3) must be cleaned and filled every
morning and evening.
2. Dry food feeders (6) must be filled every morning and night.
3. Wet food MUST be served at 5:30am and again at 8pm every day.
4. I must sit in my chair by 8:30pm so that the loving can start. Demetri has
too give me 2 kisses on the nose, then Egypt has to give his hugs (head
bumps) in my neck, this is while Mits has to make bread on my stomach,
and when there is an opening Lucky has to lay across my chest and
snuggle in my throat. I have to have the TV volume almost full to hear it
over the purring.
5. I must go to bed no later then 11:00pm (I get yelled at by 3-6)
6. I have to sleep on my left side. Egypt on my head, Mits tucked in the arm
pit, Penny in the crotch, Lucky behind the rump, Shadow behind the
knees. That's until Mits
thinks I'm a sleep then he and Demetri switch places.
7. I must not move during the night.
8. I must not get up during the night (we have to start all over)
9. If I use the bathroom, I must be prepared to scratch and pet the whole
time and run the vanity water for drinking.
10. DO NOT miss any of these rules or get snubbed.

happylabs
12-05-2011, 10:34 AM
I have not spoiled my cats.
They just have me well trained.

1. Water bowls (4) and fountains (3) must be cleaned and filled every
morning and evening.
2. Dry food feeders (6) must be filled every morning and night.
3. Wet food MUST be served at 5:30am and again at 8pm every day.
4. I must sit in my chair by 8:30pm so that the loving can start. Demetri has
too give me 2 kisses on the nose, then Egypt has to give his hugs (head
bumps) in my neck, this is while Mits has to make bread on my stomach,
and when there is an opening Lucky has to lay across my chest and
snuggle in my throat. I have to have the TV volume almost full to hear it
over the purring.
5. I must go to bed no later then 11:00pm (I get yelled at by 3-6)
6. I have to sleep on my left side. Egypt on my head, Mits tucked in the arm
pit, Penny in the crotch, Lucky behind the rump, Shadow behind the
knees. That's until Mits
thinks I'm a sleep then he and Demetri switch places.
7. I must not move during the night.
8. I must not get up during the night (we have to start all over)
9. If I use the bathroom, I must be prepared to scratch and pet the whole
time and run the vanity water for drinking.
10. DO NOT miss any of these rules or get snubbed.

Too funny!

katladyd
12-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Funny, but so true. There are "sleeping rituals" at my house, too.:D

cassiesmom
12-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Cassie here... I agree with Uncle Gill! I am not spoiled; I have my hoomin thoroughly trained!

Kitties, could you please have your meowmies and pawpies give you some petting, hugs, snuggles, kisses and lovies for us. :love: :love: We are glad you are so loved!! When we count our blessings we count you twice -- Cassie and elyse

susanswatlin518
12-12-2011, 06:46 AM
WE OUGHT NOT FORGET-IN HISTORY-CATS WERE THE REVERED GODS-AND I HEARD IT SAID THEY HAVE NEVER FORGOTTEN!:love:COMPARED TO WHAT I GET BACK FROM MY CATS-AS OTHERS WILL NO DOUBT AGREE-I CANNOT DO ENOUGH FOR THEM OR WITH THEM TO BE COMPLETELY WORTHY!PAWS TO THE CAWS LOL WE HAVE TO ALLOW THEM TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MOONLIT NIGHTS AND TO DREAM DURING SUNNY DAYS ON THE WINDOWSILL ABOUT PLEASURES AHEAD IN THEIR EIGHT REMAINING LIVES AFTER THIS ONE! CATS HAVE US AS THEIR STAFF-SERVING THEM-AND IT IS ALL ABOUT THEIR MOODS, INTENTIONS, HISSYFITS, AND HEADBUMPIES WHETHER WE DESERVE IT OR NOT! I MAKE SURE THE BOWLS ARE FULL AND THE RENT IS PAID, THAT WAY I GET TO STAY IN THEIR DOMAIN.WHEN I AM FEELING SICK OR DOWN, THEY ARE MY CAREGIVERS-HA JUST ANOTHER WAY THEY RIGHTLY ASSUME CHARGE OF US! GET USED TO IT-ENJOY :love::) SUSANSWATLIN518