PDA

View Full Version : Agility!!!

*LabLoverKEB*
09-29-2001, 12:06 PM
Does anyone here do Agility with their dog? Sadie and I do, but we don't comepete, and we just love it!! ;) My dad built us a Bar Jump, a Tire Jump, and Weave Poles, and today he is going to build us a Broad Jump!!!!! :D Sometime after we build that, we're going build the Panel Jump, A-Frame, Dog Walk, and Open Tunnel. Earlier this week, my dad and I took my mom's 6-foot tables, and laid one down like a ramp, and put up another table just like you would use it the right way, for her to walk across, and then put a chair at the end. I actually got her to do it! Thanks! ;)

tatsxxx11
09-30-2001, 02:27 PM
Wow! That's great LabL. And your Dad's pretty special too :) I'll bet Sadie has the best time. All labs are so happy when they get to really play and exercise. Star takes agility classes at the kennel where I work. She's really good at it, but we don't compete, just for fun! You've got to get some pics of her on the course :D

[ October 13, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

ShepherdLover
09-30-2001, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by *LabLoverKEB*:
<STRONG>Does anyone here do Agility with their dog?</STRONG>

I do agility! I have 2 legs of my NA (Novice Agility) title! I do it for fun and to compete. Everyone that competes in agility should have fun, too!

*LabLoverKEB*
10-03-2001, 08:58 PM
Thanks Sandra and Becky!!! Sandra, thanks for the special comment about my dad! :) I told him and he said that was really nice of you! :) And,I do hve a couple pics of Sadie by the Agility Course, but they are not very good- I'll have to take some pictures of Sadie actually doing Agility! :o :D Becky, that's soooooo great that Iris already has Two Legs of her NA!!! :) I wish Sadie could actually win something! :rolleyes: I bet Star and Iris look absoluteley beautiful running the course! But they will always be beautiful! :)

ktreva52
10-05-2001, 06:25 PM
My mother has one Border Terrier that has two legs on his NA and another in training. We've done agility with our mixed breeds and they loved it. It actually enhanced their obedience work. You ought to compete and meet lots of other people who love it. Sounds like you're doing really well on basics. Go for it -- you never know.