PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for Blue Jays and Squirrels

Katelf
10-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Hi :)

I just wanted to share these photos of my Orlando kitty (she's 13) waiting patiently for the blue jays and squirrels to come to the feeder outside the window. Finally she gives up and becomes a kitty loaf (paws tucked under).

Enjoy :) :D

momcat
10-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Hi there, beautiful kitty! I do hope your squirrel and bird friends come by to see you very soon. With the colder weather coming in I'm sure they'll be by to see you before they settle in for the winter. Would you ask your Meowmie to give you some lovies from me while you wait for your friends?

phesina
10-14-2011, 12:22 PM
What a pretty kitty you are!

Lovies from us too, please.

lvpets2002
10-14-2011, 12:33 PM
:love: WoW Orlando you sure are a Very Pretty Turkish Van.. great pics thanks

Katelf
10-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Hey, a friendly neighbourhood black squirrel finally came to the feeder. Orlando was very happy! :love:

Karen
10-14-2011, 03:32 PM
How nice that a squirrel finally came by - kitty TV suddenly became an action channel! Yay!

phesina
10-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Ohhhhhh! The wait and the constant observation were worth it!

pomtzu
10-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Wow - I've never seen a black squirrel. That was well worth waiting for, right Orlando? We just have the common gray ones here that Sparky likes to chase. He's fast - but not that fast!!! :D

happylabs
10-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Such a sweet kitty. I love to watch them watching things out the window.

mrspunkysmom
10-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Beautiful kitty and squirrel. Didn't know they came in black. Jane :love: loves to watch birdies out the window, chittering all the way. :D

krazyaboutkatz
10-15-2011, 12:50 AM
She sure is a beauty. I'm glad that a squirrel finally decided to show up.:) We also have some black squirrels where I live.

catmandu
10-15-2011, 09:29 AM
What a Happy Pleased Cat your Orlando Kitty is :cool::cool: and she looks so happy in the sun, with the breeze in her fur.:love::love:
She looks so pleased with herself:cool::cool:

Chatanuga
10-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Ever since I first adopted Chessie, I was never able to keep my boys off the kitchen table. With the blinds at the window open, they always had to get up on the table to look out and watch the neighborhood. So, after a while, I got a table cover and some plastic picnic table clips, and I clipped the cover to the table to protect it. The table's become one of their favorite places to sit and relax while they watch outside or watch me as I cook or do dishes.

http://chatanuga.org/pics/pets/cjs017.jpg

kaycountrygal
10-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Orlando is such a pretty cat... just beautiful. I'm glad a squirrel finally came along and she was rewarded for her patience.

Katelf
10-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Thank you for all your kind comments. Orlando is my oldest kitty girl. She is a dear heart: so gentle and loving. She fell in love with my dogs when I got them (they didn't know what to do with that, so they decided she was a mommy dog). Her fur is soft like velvety rabbit. She's a cuddler and a nuzzler. Her purr is not overloud but it is persistent. I hope that gives you all a sense of her.

Turkish Van? I'm not familiar with the breed. I got Orlando in a shelter when she was 8 weeks old. She has a calico stripe on her inner thigh.

We have black and grey squirrels here. We also have red squirrels: a separate species, I'm told.

I'll try to get a photo of the BlueJays at the feeder. They are magnificent kitty tv too!

Thank you
:):love:

aTailOf2Kitties
10-16-2011, 09:37 AM
I have a bird feeder outside of my window, but my guys don't pay much attention to it. What really gets them excited is the rare occasions when I will have about 100 robins grazing in the front yard. It looks like the entire yard is moving a few inches at a time. Lizards on the windowsill really stir things up too ;)

Enjoy your birds and squirrels, Orlando! They are underappreciated here.:p

momcat
10-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Hi Orlando,
I'm so happy to hear that your squirrel friend came by to visit. I hope you both had a very nice time visiting and catching up with the latest gossip.

cassiesmom
10-16-2011, 09:38 PM
What a lovely kitty Orlando is! I'm glad a squirrel stopped by and she got in some good viewing!