PDA

View Full Version : Celebrated a friend's birthday tonight

mrspunkysmom
10-13-2011, 10:22 PM
We gals went out again tonight to celebrate a friend's birthday. This is the friend that took me out on my birthday. Her birthday was almost two weeks ago, but she went out of town that weekend. So wish her a happy belated birthday. Her husband has been very sick and she could use all the positive vibes we can give.

She got an interesting present this morning. She owns the pet supply store in our area. She also helps a feline rescue adopt kitties through her store. Someone had dropped off overnight a cat in a carrier and left it at the front door of the store. And it had been raining. :mad:

The female cat has been declawed and weighs 16 pounds and is overweight. She is a black, grey, and brown tabby. She is sweet as can be. :love:

This makes 4 in her store. Someone also dropped a beautiful short hair white kitty on her a month or so ago. Alex needs a lot of attention, too.

I don't understand how people can't live up to their commitments.

wombat2u2004
10-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Happy Birthday Mrspunkymoms friend :D

chocolatepuppy
10-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Nice of you and your friends brightening up your friends life while her husband is sick.:)
Boo to the jerks dropping off the cats.:mad:

phesina
10-14-2011, 12:33 PM
A belated Happy Birthday to your friend. How good of you and your other friends to take her out when all these things are happening.

As for the cat-abandoners, ..words fail me (at least, words that wouldn't get censored). :mad::mad::mad:

Lillycat
10-17-2011, 06:49 PM
.....words fail me too.....I always feel so sad when pets are just tossed aside....at least it wasnt in the woods or something like that....but still.....sending positive vibes that the kitties find good, loving homes.....