PDA

View Full Version : Ways we earn some extra money

ToBeEvergreen
10-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Sometimes, there are ways to earn a little extra cash when we need it. What I end up doing is selling possesions that I don't need, as well as getting paid for some online surveys.

What do you do? Do you have a coin jar you cash in after a year, lemonade stand...?

Freedom
10-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Clear out stuff using craigslist, similar to what you said. Or give it away, post it on freecycle.org, but that is just clearing out, not making money, lol.

sparks19
10-13-2011, 09:14 PM
We keep all our change and cash it in when the bags get too heavy lol

Couponing is my newest thing. It doesnt earn money but it sure helps save money. I mean i am not going to run out and clear the shelves of deodorant and tOilet paper lol but i dO save quite a bit. I just started but i am already saving almost 50% on my grocery bills

Alysser
10-13-2011, 09:57 PM
I sometimes use surveysavvy.com. It's the only real survey site I've scoped out. I work extra hours at work too. :p Birthday gifts, graduation presents, etc. That's about it for me.

wombat2u2004
10-13-2011, 10:08 PM
I tie my wife up so she can't go shopping. ;)

phesina
10-14-2011, 04:48 AM
I'm a guinea pig for medical research studies.

wombat2u2004
10-14-2011, 05:00 AM
I'm a guinea pig for medical research studies.

Are you sure ?? Someone told me that you're more like a gerbil than a guinea pig. :p

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-14-2011, 06:54 AM

I love it! That's pretty funny!

aTailOf2Kitties
10-14-2011, 06:57 AM
I try to sell some stuff on the employee bulletin board at work.

Bonny
10-14-2011, 07:18 AM
I take all my extra change & put it in a plastic bag in the trunk of my car. It is my bank on wheels. If I don't have any cash I raid my trunk.

chocolatepuppy
10-14-2011, 08:11 AM

Of course, you being a man, spend NO money.:rolleyes::p

I sell items on ebay. Collectibles, jewelry, etc. ;)

finn's mom
10-14-2011, 09:08 AM
I take pictures for people! I also take fan photos at Rangers, Stars and Mavericks games once or twice a month. And sell items on Craigslist when I have them to sell.

happylabs
10-14-2011, 11:44 AM
I went to school with a gal who makes her extra money standing on the corner if you know what I mean. :eek: :D :p

wombat2u2004
10-14-2011, 12:14 PM
I went to school with a gal who makes her extra money standing on the corner if you know what I mean. :eek: :D :p

No, I'm not sure what you mean.
Can you elaborate please ??? :D

lvpets2002
10-14-2011, 12:20 PM
:p Only you Wom would think of such.. :D Hey by the way keep in mind your the one that has been showing off your buys from Ebay..:cool:

kuhio98
10-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Couponing and free samples have really made a difference. Expecially with pet food.

http://www.mysavings.com/free-product-samples/pets-animals/

phesina
10-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Are you sure ?? Someone told me that you're more like a gerbil than a guinea pig. :p

Meep! Meep!

Right now I am taking part in a constipation-medication study. Trust me, you do NOT want to know the details! :eek::mad::cool:

lvpets2002
10-14-2011, 12:39 PM
:p Two Words = Milk Mag ==== NEEDED :D

Meep! Meep!

Right now I am taking part in a constipation-medication study. Trust me, you do NOT want to know the details! :eek::mad::cool:

beeniesmom
10-14-2011, 12:51 PM
I use coupons for grocery shopping. Try to eat in as much as I can and I have been selling AVON on the side. It's a good part time job I think. I've met a lot of nice people and it gets me and Laura out of the house.

happylabs
10-14-2011, 01:10 PM
No, I'm not sure what you mean.
Can you elaborate please ??? :D

Well Wom, I thought they most likely had street walkers in all countries but maybe not down under. I have a feeling you could get into mischief with this information so I better not elaborate.

phesina
10-14-2011, 01:45 PM
:p Two Words = Milk Mag ==== NEEDED :D

I just got the test medication and/or placebo pills today. I also was given a jar of some generic-Dulcolax powder. If I don't have a poo for FOUR DAYS straight :eek:, I'm to take a capful of that.

smokey the elder
10-14-2011, 01:55 PM
That's cool. I've never known anyone who took part in a clinical trial.

wombat2u2004
10-15-2011, 01:20 AM

You should have been better at maths......you could have worked it out with a pencil. :D

wombat2u2004
10-15-2011, 01:23 AM
Of course, you being a man, spend NO money.:rolleyes::p

Being physically stronger, we men just take what we want by force :p

wombat2u2004
10-15-2011, 01:26 AM
Well Wom, I thought they most likely had street walkers in all countries but maybe not down under. I have a feeling you could get into mischief with this information so I better not elaborate.

Now I'm really confused. What exactly is a street walker ?? Is that someone who walks along a street ?? :D

wombat2u2004
10-15-2011, 01:38 AM
That's cool. I've never known anyone who took part in a clinical trial.

Me either.
That is why we are all waiting in anticipation for the results.

phesina
10-15-2011, 06:43 AM
You should have been better at maths......you could have worked it out with a pencil. :D

Hee hee :D.. But then I wouldn't be getting the big bucks!

phesina
10-15-2011, 06:58 AM
Me either.
That is why we are all waiting in anticipation for the results.

Well, I take these pills for three weeks. Then, for another week I have some ..scientific devices to determine what effect, if any, the medication had.

wombat2u2004
10-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Hee hee :D.. But then I wouldn't be getting the big bucks!

Wait !!!! They're paying you for this ??? Big bucks ???
I've never heard of anyone getting paid for a doo doo before.
I'll try this on eBay.
Wombats Doo Doo Buy it Now $2.99 plus $3.99 postage.

happylabs
10-15-2011, 08:48 AM
Wait !!!! They're paying you for this ??? Big bucks ???
I've never heard of anyone getting paid for a doo doo before.
I'll try this on eBay.
Wombats Doo Doo Buy it Now $2.99 plus $3.99 postage.

How about ingesting some jewelry or something. It could be a treasure hunt for the winner.

phesina
10-15-2011, 01:49 PM
OOPS I just realized this discussion is hijacking the original thread on ways to earn some extra money, so I just started a new thread to continue this fascinating and educational conversation: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=170092

My apologies for the hijack.

wombat2u2004
10-15-2011, 11:34 PM
How about ingesting some jewelry or something. It could be a treasure hunt for the winner.

Good idea. We could form a partnership. You could post from the USA, and I could post from downunder....we could reach the four corners of the earth that way. Sparks will provide us with the jewelry (no sharp ones).
We'll make a fortune !!!!

Marigold2
10-16-2011, 12:21 AM
I have found the best way for me to make extra money over the years is to get a second job. Be it baby sitting, pet sitting. I have even cleaned houses to make extra money. All of these are great because they are part time and the hours vary so most everyone can fit it into one's schedule.
Coupons are great but cold hard cash works better for me.

phesina
10-18-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm a petsitter too. I've done that for a long time, am trying to find more business now.

lvpets2002
10-18-2011, 12:17 PM
;) Well Pat come on to Texas.. You would have plenty to sit with at my house..

I'm a petsitter too. I've done that for a long time, am trying to find more business now.

phesina
10-18-2011, 01:01 PM
;) Well Pat come on to Texas.. You would have plenty to sit with at my house..

Well, that sounds like a plan! Can my seven come along too?

CountryWolf07
10-21-2011, 05:38 AM
For extra money, I do freelance photography & cartooning/illustration - I do cartoon commissions, like Disney/Looney Tunes/etc. I also sell photography/cards/t-shirts online as well - http://www.redbubble.com/people/rmcbuckeye and http://rmcbuckeye.imagekind.com/ - I seem to be doing OK! I'm lucky, though. I've never had great luck with full time jobs so I do what I love - art.

CountryWolf07
10-21-2011, 05:39 AM
For extra money, I do freelance photography & cartooning/illustration - I do cartoon commissions, like Disney/Looney Tunes/etc. I also sell photography/cards/t-shirts/stickers online as well - http://www.redbubble.com/people/rmcbuckeye and http://rmcbuckeye.imagekind.com/ - I seem to be doing OK! I'm lucky, though. I've never had great luck with full time jobs so I do what I love - art.

sparks19
10-21-2011, 10:23 AM
well the nice thing about couponing is it does translate to cold hard cash. it may not seem like it because it's money you already earned... but yesterday I saved $70 on my grocery trip and stocked up on roasts, chicken breast etc. All things we would have purchased anyway but paid full price for. That $70 would have been spent on the same groceries when I didn't actively try to save on our shoping trips.

In the past month we have saved over $250 on our grocery bill. but I'm not talking about anything like that show extreme couponing lol. this is just very basic couponing and strategic shopping and that's how much we have saved.

a penny saved is a penny earned :)

if you do anything like crafts or photography or anything like that you can often tranlate that into some funds too :D

caseysmom
10-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Tanya you know from FB that I am going to try couponing. The class I went to they taught responsible couponing.

Basically the stores have 10 week cycles of sales so you match up your coupon with those sales and don't buy more than your family will need for 10 weeks.

phesina
10-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Tanya you know from FB that I am going to try couponing. The class I went to they taught responsible couponing.

Basically the stores have 10 week cycles of sales so you match up your coupon with those sales and don't buy more than your family will need for 10 weeks.

I've shopped using coupons and watching sales for years and years. Thanks for the information about the 10-week cycles, because I didn't know the number.

sparks19
10-21-2011, 01:56 PM

Yes I saw that and thanks for the info you shared with me :D that definitely helps

I'm still building up my coupon stash so when sales come around I will have the coupons for them but I've gotten lucky with some of my early coupon finds. I think my best one so far was the B1G1 frozen ravioli and then I had a $1 coupon off each bag lol. so I got them for $1 a bag lol I stocked up. We are going to have some tonight actually with my home made tomato sauce. they are pretty good and even Hannah likes it and that's saying something :o and then with that same purchase they had their V8 fusion juices on sale AND I had coupons for those so I got them for really cheap and we love that juice. the BEST part was that those purchases gave me enough store loyalty points that I also earned a free 20 lb turkey lol. that was definitely my most successful shopping trip to date.

caseysmom
10-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Yes I saw that and thanks for the info you shared with me :D that definitely helps

I'm still building up my coupon stash so when sales come around I will have the coupons for them but I've gotten lucky with some of my early coupon finds. I think my best one so far was the B1G1 frozen ravioli and then I had a $1 coupon off each bag lol. so I got them for $1 a bag lol I stocked up. We are going to have some tonight actually with my home made tomato sauce. they are pretty good and even Hannah likes it and that's saying something :o and then with that same purchase they had their V8 fusion juices on sale AND I had coupons for those so I got them for really cheap and we love that juice. the BEST part was that those purchases gave me enough store loyalty points that I also earned a free 20 lb turkey lol. that was definitely my most successful shopping trip to date.

Thats great! I am not the most organized person so the website helps me!

cool4catz2
10-22-2011, 11:32 AM

...established what she is.... now haggling over the price!:eek::D hehe

I clean the local church!

wombat2u2004
10-22-2011, 11:34 AM
...established what she is.... now haggling over the price!:eek::D hehe

What about discounts for the retired ???? :p:p