PDA

View Full Version : Open Door Thursday, #451 Or, Is it hot in here?

RICHARD
10-13-2011, 01:58 PM
I came, I saw and thought, "Dang, I am falling down on the job!"

I think, due to last week's debacle-no key in it's hiding place- that we could have an Open Door Thursday.

I think some Gin and Tonics, Philly steak sandwiches and steak fries should be the order of the day.

It's overcast outside with a chance of rain this afternoon. So how's about we get this party started and get ready for some playoff baseball tonight?:D

DONE?

-----------------

Can anyone guess the answere to the clues that are incorporated into this week's theme?

momoffuzzyfaces
10-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Just a cherry limeade for me please. I've been having an upset stomach off and on for a couple of days. The thought of food makes me feel green. :love:

Pinot's Mom
10-13-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm in, but I REALLY don't like Gin - could I have mine with Vodka instead? The Philly steaks and fries sound great, though! I have some wonderful provolone for the sandwiches - anyone interested?

Karen
10-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Cool and rainy up here, and thunderstorms predicted for tomorrow as well - good thing no games are scheduled for up here! (And we'll leave Sox discussion out of it!)

I'll have a hot cup of tea, or - hey let's make some mulled cider for those of us in the more Northern reaches! Anybody want some? I'll start the big kettle going with some ...

Queen of Poop
10-13-2011, 07:11 PM
I'll take you up on that cider Karen. Dropping below zero here tonight, to about -2oC. No snow yet, but I see Glacier got some.

gini
10-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Mmmm, cider - do I hear cider? I would love a mug of hot cider.

Richard, good of you to drop by and open all of the doors. I had better have a new set of keys made up so this doesn't happen again.

Cider and a philly steak sandwich and I am good to go! Thanks!

wombat2u2004
10-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Can anyone guess the answere to the clues that are incorporated into this week's theme?

Yep...I did. :D

Lady's Human
10-14-2011, 05:50 AM
Get the books out of the fireplace, Richard!

RICHARD
10-14-2011, 07:46 AM
I just used the old phone book to stoke the fire...

Hey LH and Wom,

I chopped some wood up for the fireplace, I'll cook if you all load up the wood box?

DONE

Gini,

One PCS and cup of hot cider.....Heard El Lay had a temp of 98 degress yesterday?:eek:

QoP and Karen...

Two cups and warmer weather?

DONE!

PM,
Vodka instead of gin.

DONE.

MOFF,

Cherry limeade. It's not easy being green.

Feel better.

DONE

momoffuzzyfaces
10-14-2011, 08:28 AM
-----------------

The door's open and you're hot? :love:

lvpets2002
10-14-2011, 12:37 PM
:) Did Richard say Baseball.. Yup Our TX Rangers need One More Win == then it is back to the World Series.. Woo Hoo == LIT & philly stk please..

happylabs
10-14-2011, 01:14 PM

Yep...I did. :D

I'm still in the dark on this one.

smokey the elder
10-14-2011, 01:44 PM
I figured it out. There are hints in others' responses.

It's been raining all day; I think I'll have a coffee with Baileys in it, please.

RICHARD
10-14-2011, 08:14 PM
One Bailey's and a coffee. If you can get Slick to visit your area, she will make you a Bailey's recipe that will kick your behind?

Don't eat her chili, tho...;)

Happy,
Think Sci Fi!
@
Pour you a drink?

LP,

Go Rangers....

One PCS and a LIIT?

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Is slick visting Richard and they are having a hot time? :confused:

Lady's Human
10-15-2011, 10:01 PM
Hey, Barkeep, I'll shop wood, but the farenheit is a little high in here...... Might need to tap a keg to help work in the heat.

Reminds me of a hunting trip up to main. Tiny cabin, huge wood stove out of a barn, but it was COLD. We stoked up the stove, got a huge hot fire going in it.......and wound up playing cards outside. We were warm playing outside in 10 degree weather sitting in the doorway of the cabin.

slick
10-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Slick is in New Mexico and it's my last night here at Zippy's house. I have to admit that Kissy Kat accepted me more than I thought. She even sat on my lap a time or two. Bunny Piper is a doll, and Miss Mare is much more than I expected. Let's just say that LES has set in.

One very strong drink with a beer chaser please. See you all on the flip side. :love::love:

Oh yes, and the only time you will want to eat my chili is if you want to get the finger.