PDA

View Full Version : Twins update...

caseysmom
10-12-2011, 08:09 PM
The twins have been out of the NICU and home for three and a half weeks. I'm not sure how much they weigh but we think around 7 lbs each.

They both got a hip ultrasound today and all looked well. Jasmine's heart murmer couldn't be heard at the appt a few weeks ago...

without further ado...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/spumoni/jasmineandjuliannaoct10.jpg

Karen
10-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Awww, how sweet! They look great, too, and I am glad the heart murmur has maybe healed itself!

Roxyluvsme13
10-12-2011, 08:27 PM
They are precious! I'm glad things are going well for them :love:

caseysmom
10-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Thank you Karen and Bri.

Karen from what my daughter says this is a normal development for a fetus in the womb but they had to make sure it did close up.

She still looks somewhat blotchy but seems to be thriving. Her sister is definetely more of a handful, Jasmine just kind of goes with the flow, Jasmine is on the left. Its wierd because even their bowel movements are much different, the doctor doesn't seem to be concerned but you all may want to buy stock in pampers!

happylabs
10-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Oh so sweet. Love their jammies.

My niece has twin boys, 2 years old now. It has been fun watching them grow.

caseysmom
10-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Thank you happylabs, did it seem to get easier for her? The nights have been pretty hard on the new parents, of course having preemies complicates it since they have smaller tummies.

chocolatepuppy
10-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Such precious little babies!:love:

dab_20
10-13-2011, 12:34 AM
They are sooo beautiful. They aren't identical twins right? They look different from each other. Both so precious.
I was born with a heart murmur.. most babies grow out of it. I never did though. Rarely bothers me.

krazyaboutkatz
10-13-2011, 12:41 AM
They sure are adorable.:)

caseysmom
10-13-2011, 12:47 AM
They are sooo beautiful. They aren't identical twins right? They look different from each other. Both so precious.
I was born with a heart murmur.. most babies grow out of it. I never did though. Rarely bothers me.

No, they are fraternal, they have similar coloring but their features are pretty different, Jasmine is more dainty and Julianna has bigger eyes and a bigger nose. Its funny because their heads and hair pattern remind me of my girls when they were infants.

Thanks everyone.

popcornbird
10-13-2011, 01:22 AM
Oh how adorable!!!! :love: They are just precious!!

Karen
10-13-2011, 07:46 AM
Forgot to tell you, caseysmom - a friend of mine, when pregnant with twins (now in elementary school) asked for advice from people. I gathered information from the mothers of several sets of twins I know, and most of them said the most important thing is ....

Take lots of pictures. You may not remember much of the next year, but pictures will be proof that it all did happen!

My friend's twins were quite premature - born in mid-March when she wasn't due 'til May, and they had to spend time getting bigger and stronger before they came home, but you would never know to look at them now! They are fraternal twins, a boy and a girl, and right now, some folks wouldn't even guess they are twins, as there's a big height difference between them - the girl swam more toward her petite grandmother's side of the gene pool, I guess!

phesina
10-13-2011, 08:02 AM
Oh, they're darling. How sweet, they're cuddling up together like kittens!

*LabLoverKEB*
10-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Oh my gosh! Those sure are two beautiful little baby girls! Congratulations again to you and your family!:love:

Freedom
10-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Wonderful photo!

My cousin had twin girls, fraternal (they are now 26 years old). They looked so much alike until the teen years. Now they look like sisters, but not twins, lol. One is almost 8 inches taller than the other. They too were quite early and spent some time in hospital in Boston. Never know it now, though. My cousin got lots of support from the local Mothers of Twins groups, as the girls were growing.

caseysmom
10-13-2011, 10:10 AM
I actually found out about the mothers of multiples in our area from a friend of a friend. We already went to their semi annual sale and my daughter plans on joining the group. Just being at that sale was great she got lots of advice from the moms that were there.

Yep Karen we do need to remember to take pictures.

sana
10-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Seeing so many twins these days! My cousins, my aunts and my mother and her sister, and my teacher's daughters and there are identical twins studying in the class below me in my school and these precious little girls! :)

Aww! Love the photo! :D :love: