PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I only need half a bed

Sowa
10-11-2011, 03:04 PM
I should buy half beds, maybe? She always sleeps like this.
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x258/darktora07/clover/clover_sleep.jpg
She has a lot of toys :o She's getting into the sock/slipper stealing business too :rolleyes:
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x258/darktora07/clover/cloversleep2.jpg

happylabs
10-11-2011, 03:05 PM
That is adorable! :love:

That toy at the top toward the right...is that a tennis ball octopus? Does the red tentacle have a squeaker in it? Casey had one of those. She used to carry it around by the red tentacle and squeak it constantly while holding it in her mouth.

ToBeEvergreen
10-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Silly Clover. It's like how to become comfortable some nights, you need the sheets off- except on one legs or foot. Then it's all good :D.

lvpets2002
10-11-2011, 04:10 PM
:love: Too Funny == But so Sweet & Precious.. Adorable Baby..

Karen
10-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Silly Clover! I am guessing that even if you got a "half" bed, she'd still hang off it anyway!

Freedom
10-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Head lower than the body, I had 2 dogs and 3 cats who must sleep this way, lol. Great photos of Clover!

When she steals a shoe, do NOT chase her, scold her, or try to get it from her. If you do, this makes it a GAME so she becomes more inclined to do it. Instead, run to the fridge and call out COME! TREAT! Reward her with a bit of hot dog -- or whatever you use for high value treats. You will be teaching her the come command, and rewarding that. Oh yeah, if someone else can scurry over and collect the shoe and put it away, that helps too! :D

Sowa
10-11-2011, 08:10 PM
That is adorable! :love:

That toy at the top toward the right...is that a tennis ball octopus? Does the red tentacle have a squeaker in it? Casey had one of those. She used to carry it around by the red tentacle and squeak it constantly while holding it in her mouth.

Yup! My RB Labbie Josie used to do that that. She'd find the red one and just squeak away. I don't think Clover knows about this yet!

Karen: Yeah, I think you're right. I have 2 beds next to each other in my TV room for her and Zeke, and half the time she lays in between the 2...:rolleyes:

Freedom: I usually don't catch her doing it. She doesn't seem to eat them either. She'll carry them to different places so every morning I have to go looking for my slippers. One of these days I'll be smart and put them up at night....

kaycountrygal
10-11-2011, 09:36 PM
She looks so relaxed!!

cassiesmom
10-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Awww, Clover! I agree with kaycountrygal-- you look very relaxed!

sasvermont
10-12-2011, 08:41 AM
My dog also takes my slippers while I am in the shower. I think she thinks that we might be "going somewhere" when I exit the shower, so she gets really excited while I am in the shower. I often find one slipper in the living room!:rolleyes: I expect it now. She doesn't chew things anymore, so that is not an issue, thank goodness. Most dogs DO outgrow the chewing thing, eventually!

Prue usually sleeps in her bed. Not always in a comfortable position, but at least she is in her bed, not like Clover. Isn't it funny that they can be comfortable sleeping half in and half out! No matter how big the bed is, they still manage to be half and half!

Love the photos!

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Very cute!

K9soul
10-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Haha :D. That reminds me of Raven. She's 5 now and to this day she often lays half hanging off the dog bed in my office. Nothing cuter than a sleeping puppy. :love:

Roxyluvsme13
10-12-2011, 08:41 PM
She's getting so big!!! I love when dogs sleep on their backs and you can see their sweet bellies. :love: Guess she likes the floor as a pillow :p.

chocolatepuppy
10-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Ha ha, silly Clover!:D My Layla hangs half off her bed too, but not quite so twisted!:D