PDA

View Full Version : runny eyes

Cookiebaker
11-09-2002, 10:57 PM
I have noticed over the last few days that Marigold has tears running out of her eyes frequently. Not all the time, but more than usual. Is this something to be concerned about? Do cats get colds, and is this a symptom of that?? Is this something I should call the vet about?? I have never seen this before and am just a little concerned. Thanks!!

aly
11-09-2002, 11:24 PM
They can get upper respitory infections and watery eyes is one of the symptoms. You would notice other symptoms soon too if it is URI. I would call the vet and see if he wants to you to come in or wait a few days and watch her more.

I hope its nothing!

Miss Meow
11-09-2002, 11:27 PM
Definitely see your vet. Aly is right, it could be a URI or something else that could get worse with treatment. Good luck.

toughCookie
11-10-2002, 02:38 AM
how long have you had the cat? yes I think you should call your vet

11-10-2002, 06:20 AM
Same advize here : go to a vet ; maybe it is just a little cold , but you'd better be sure it's nothing worse !

Good luck ; and keep us updated !

rosethecopycat
11-10-2002, 09:57 AM
Are you painting anything?

My Siamese, Snowy, is very sensitive to paint fumes. He had no other symptoms. The vet gave cold meds, but I figured out that it was the paint, and didn't give him the meds.

Cookiebaker
11-10-2002, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the responses! We have had Marigold for almost 2 years. I am planning on calling the vet tomorrow morning, and will let ya know what happens. She seems perfectly fine otherwise...very playful & cuddly.

krazyaboutkatz
11-10-2002, 11:12 PM
My cat Pepper has a runny right eye. I took him to the vet and the vet said that he has a blocked tear duct. There's nothing that they can do so I wipe it a few times a day. Good luck. I sure hope that it's nothing serious.