PDA

View Full Version : I went to the Humane Society to look at kittens...

Sowa
10-09-2011, 05:29 PM
They had a Thanksgiving day "weekend" sale this weekend. I guess they had a TON of cats that very much needed a home. You get to adopt a cat or kitten by donating a min. of $25. The cat is fixed, up to date shots, microchipped and 1 month insurance. I've been thinking of getting one so I stopped by to see if anyone jumped out at me. There are 2 rooms of cats.... and every single cat was adopted! I was thrilled to see all of them found homes, but a little disappointed I didn't get one. There was some beautiful cats/kittens too. Apparently people had lined up at the door waiting to get in to get their fav. cat. They had brought more cats out throughout the day as they kept getting adopted and people literally were waiting for this and adopting them as they came out.

Wow, I've never seen them adopt out so many cats. I'm really glad they're not stuck in those cages anymore. There was one small grey/white kitten and I stopped and touched his little paw that he stuck out the cage. I'm not sure why but I suddenly felt very sad and had to leave so I didn't start crying. I guess I'm not ready for a kitten after all.

Sorry for the pointless thread but I thought it might be nice to pass along how many cats got adopted.

Karen
10-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Awww, how great! The right kitty will come along for you, I promise!

Freedom
10-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Oh I do hope all those cats go to good homes!

LOL, that wee paw -- was it cuz you miss your Kiba, or was it cuz that baby was in a cage? Emotions can be funny like that . . . .

You will know when the time is right.

Apart from missing Kiba -- must have been kitty heaven for you, seeing so many cats in one place! ;)

Sowa
10-09-2011, 06:44 PM
He some how reminded me of Kiba, yes. I just wanted more then anything to hold him and snuggle for a while. But since he was already adopted I don't think they'd let me if I asked :o He was just laying there contently and looked up at me as if he was asking me to hold him and play for a while. Or maybe I was upset because I really felt a connection but I knew I couldn't get him. I'm not sure! They all were so sweet! I keep telling myself I'll go volunteer but I keep putting it off. I've felt very lazy I guess.

sana
10-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Aww! Good to hear people wanted to adopt kittens :) Hoping you get the purrfect kitten for yourself! ;) :)

smokey the elder
10-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Don't worry; there will be plenty more where that come from. The shelter running out is a pretty high-class problem!

momcat
10-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Right now there's a kitty out there who is looking just for you! Keep your heart open, you'll know each other the moment you meet. And when that happens, I look forward to hearing the good news!

catmandu
10-11-2011, 09:50 AM
We are at PetsMart and they had a 25 dollar sale as well.
Sadly I am on record as having too many Cats as there was one Big Cat who looked like my Mister Scrappy and Scrappy Two who I would have glady taken in.:love::love: