PDA

View Full Version : New Kitty Crack epidemic.

RICHARD
10-08-2011, 12:43 PM
There is a new kind of Kitty Crack being sold to the public.

It called Friskies Crispies.

My roomie had a coupon for this KC and bought a package for the Edster.

I have been awoken from a dead sleep the last two nights in a row by a cat who sits next to his food bowl and cries/howls for a 'fix' of this stuff.

He starts by the dresser -I keep the pet treats well out of reach on top of it - and works his way to the bowl.

He wakes me up with some whimpers and soft cries while he stands at the foot of the dresser, looking up where they are stored. When I ignore him for a few minutes he then moves to the food bowl where he starts to cry louder.
He starts this round of making my life miserable by looking over his shoulder at me, then to the area where the treats should be placed, directly in front of him.

Unless I want to stay awake listening to the suffering of a well fed cat that need a salmon flavored hit of his treats? I better get my arse up and give him a small palm full.

It just takes a small amount to satisfy him, but how much longer can I put up with this?

http://www.friskies.com/Cat-Food/Cat-Treats/Friskies-Crispies-Salmon-Flavor-Puffs

Warning, Feed this to your cats only if you do not like to sleep at night.:p

cassiesmom
10-08-2011, 08:44 PM
*laughing right out loud* Edster, you have your person trained!

happylabs
10-08-2011, 10:51 PM
LOL! Thanks for the warning. I think my cats know that when I go to sleep there isn't much that will wake me up. :D

katladyd
10-08-2011, 11:32 PM
See what you started? I used to have this problem with Temptations. I stopped buying them and substituted healthy snacks. Begging stopped.:D

momoffuzzyfaces
10-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Thank goodness that is not available here!!! :D

I've been fooling my kids for a while now. I buy Grandma the tiny bags of Fancy Feast crunchy because she can eat the small pieces better than their regular crunchy food. She is 17 now and deserves a bit of pampering anyway.

I take a couple of handfulls of her crunchy food and put it in the other cat's treat jar. It's way cheaper than buying them regular cat treats. It's still a treat to them because they don't get it daily. Yea, I'm bad!!! :D:love:

mrspunkysmom
10-09-2011, 05:05 PM
I take a couple of handfulls of her crunchy food and put it in the other cat's treat jar. It's way cheaper than buying them regular cat treats. It's still a treat to them because they don't get it daily. Yea, I'm bad!!! :D:love:

I do something similar, especially if I want them to try something new and healthier. I buy a small bag, open it and place it outside of the kitchen somewhere. It's like a snack station.

Cat psychology. We could make millions. :D

catmandu
10-11-2011, 09:39 AM
That sounds ominous Richard , maybe its good that they doi not sell this in Catada!!!
I would have MY Found Cats with a Monkey on thier back:eek:

lvpets2002
10-11-2011, 12:44 PM
:) Yup I got a package of that the other day && my babies went crazy over it.. So we will be shopping for more packages this weekend..

katladyd
10-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Thank goodness that is not available here!!! :D

I've been fooling my kids for a while now. I buy Grandma the tiny bags of Fancy Feast crunchy because she can eat the small pieces better than their regular crunchy food. She is 17 now and deserves a bit of pampering anyway.

LOL! MOFF, I do the exact same thing with Deli Cat. I don't allow my boys any junkfood, but they do get a few pieces of this stuff when I want to give them a snack. They think they are getting a rare treat and I can buy a box of Deli Cat at the Dollar Store. Shhh! Mum's the word.:D