PDA

View Full Version : Possible new job on the horizon.

Alysser
10-05-2011, 09:33 PM
I have been putting this off all summer, but I finally did it. I always mentioned my job as a costume character at a local theme park and how much I loved it and all that. I know I said I wouldn't go back this summer, but I had no choice this year, I needed money for college and all the places I applied to never call back over the winter. Plus, I did have fun this summer. I seriously do LOVE my job, but it's time to move on, time for something more professional or REAL to me.

But anyway, fast forward to mid-summer. I went to the "Safari" thing they have there. I saw people doing the "off-road" tours and became really interested in seeing if I could do one of those. Basically, you drive people around on a "V.I.P" vehicle to get up close and personal with some of the animals. Seems like a really cool job or something good to put on my resume. I also worked an event involving the baby lions and I was SOLD that I wanted this position. I would also be taking care of the animals in the petting zoo thing they have. ALL in one position if I DO GET IT. As for what I did today, I finally e-mailed the addy my friend gave me over a month ago. I don't know WHY I've been putting it off. I've always been scared of rejection. But, I even inquired about the internships available through the animal program at the park. I just need SOME experience.

The only issue is, is this place is primarily for TRAINING of wild animals. The have dolphins, etc. I mean, I guess it's still good to put on my resume. I have a good chance to work here as I already was employed at this place 4 years prior to this. I have SOME animal background, like the program I was in throughout high school and the volunteering at the SPCA.

So anyway, I finally e-mailed the guy today about it. I know it's a long shot, I didn't even get a reply yet, but hell, I'm just asking for some good vibes from you guys.

Also, I don't know if you remember the doggy camp job I ALMOST had. I had an interview, all went well. They canceled the friggin' project because I am assuming they didn't have enough support or funding or something to back it up. They never called me to tell me this. :( But I am hopeful about this new possibility. Anywho, thanks for reading my long boring post!

Roxyluvsme13
10-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Good luck, Alyssa! Sending positive vibes your way.

Having a job with animals would be AMAZING, so I really hope you get it!

wombat2u2004
10-06-2011, 12:26 AM
Excellento....sounds like a great job.
Hope you get it. ;)

krazyaboutkatz
10-06-2011, 12:58 AM
Good luck!!!:)

beeniesmom
10-06-2011, 05:28 AM
I hope you get it! Sounds like it could be fun!

sana
10-06-2011, 06:05 AM
OMG! This is cool!! :D Exciting! And I hope you get the perfect job! :D :)

Taz_Zoee
10-06-2011, 09:36 AM
That job sounds AMAZING!! Good vibes coming your way!! :D :D (You will need the money to come to California! :p ;))

Bonny
10-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Keeping fingers & toes crossed so you can get the job. :)

wombat2u2004
10-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Keeping fingers & toes crossed so you can get the job. :)

You have toes ??? How many ??

blue
10-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Jobs is being reincarnated so soon?

Alysser
10-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Well, I got a reply. He wants to see my resume, they hire people in January. I knew it was a little too early for anything to actually happen. First I need to make a resume...:p I'll let you know what happens then I suppose, I'm still looking into some other positions so we shall see. Thanks guys!

chocolatepuppy
10-08-2011, 05:15 AM
I hope you get the job Alyssa! :)