PDA

View Full Version : Cool Tricks

Daisy's Mom
11-25-2000, 07:11 PM
What is the coolest or most impressing trick your dog does? http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

RachelJ
11-26-2000, 10:53 AM
One of my previous dogs, Bailey, could hold a milk bone on her nose and then when told to "take it" would flip it into the air and catch it. It wasn't that the trick was so specacular, it was the style and timing with which she did it. My current dog, Hannah, can do this trick as well, but she doesn't have the panache that Bailey had.

Bailey and Tizzie (now also at the Rainbow Bridge) had this trick we called "Leap Dog". Bailey would stand and Tizzie would jump over her. It was cool because Tizzie wasn't all that good at tricks, but this one was her crowning glory.

[This message has been edited by RachelJ (edited November 26, 2000).]

ktreva52
11-26-2000, 12:28 PM
My Jack Russell Terrier, k'Treva (yes I use her name as my online persona) was taught early on to sneeze on command. Of course, the poor thing would sneeze her little heart out whenever there were treats available. It was her favorite trick among many. Pity she's gone on to the Rainbow bridge prematurely. All my dogs have learned sit-up-pretty, shake, gimme five, high five (one does high ten, as well), a rather reluctant wave, and other things, but this was the most fascinating one, I think.

daisys grandma
12-02-2000, 01:45 PM
hey daisys mom my dog can dance and howl to eminem's " real slim shady" its kew'
well if u wunna kno how to teach ur doggy to do this ask me

danegirl
12-20-2000, 05:23 PM
hI MY GREAT DANE ZETH LEARNED HOW TO CRAWL LIKE A BABY WHEN HE WAS 5 YEARS OLD. MY SISTER JESSY TAUGHT HIM.:P

AdoreMyDogs
12-21-2000, 09:09 AM
My aussie mix, Graham does this dance we call the "butt up dance" when he's excited, where he lays his front end (front legs and head) down on the ground, while his back end is up in the air and he turns cicrles. I don't know where he picked it up but he knows he looks cute and funny because he still does it after all these years. My pug smashes her face into everything when she's excited. She'll smash her face into your legs if you bend down to pet her, or if you don't bend down, she'll smash her face into the carpet or into her toys. I try to curb the smashing that she does, because she smashes her face into strangers and people don't understand why she's smashing her face into them. It is comical though.

RachelJ
12-21-2000, 11:28 AM
Rainie's (Dog of the Day for 12-21) doing the sequence of her tricks without waiting reminded me of my Bailey who, when desperate for a treat, would initiate tricks herself. It was especially funny when I would be watching TV and Bailey would be on the floor doing "roll over" on her own.

*BaSim*
01-13-2001, 12:33 AM
My dog Simba can do all of the tricks posted *big smile* he can do many more too people get big laughs. When I take him for wlaks around the naighborhood or at car shows i allways have a bag of "yum yumz" on hand. People say i should bring him on David Letterman. My ll time favorite trick he does is "Say I Love You" He actually get three silibals out and it sounds kinda like this "I wruuuufff yoooooooou" I think it is adorable....... Simba can also crawl like a baby , Sit ,speak, stay ,lay , paw ,high five and high ten, paw, dance , roll over, "paw it"(that is were i put a "yum yum" out on the floor tell him to lay and then say paw it he pulls it towards him with his paw),and in photos i can put simba in any position like laying on his back with his head tilted a certain way and he will stay till i tell him ok, play dead , and one of his most acted out tricks is "act tuff and pretend like you are going to bite the head off of the person who is ringing the doorbell" lol that is not a trick but he does that alot..whenever someoen knocks at the door he acts like hes gunna kill them (very protective) Weill I guess that is all i can say my doggie is talented..wanna see pictures go to http://kakzrap.homestead.com/SimbaLou.html (simba's website)

------------------
*.:;BaSim;:.*

jackiesdaisy1935
01-13-2001, 11:43 AM
Hi Daisys Grandma,
I would be glad to hear how you trained your dog to do those tricks. What kind of dog do you have?

HowieDawn
01-13-2001, 12:37 PM
Gizmo, my shih tzu, acts like a seal. She will get excited and walk around with her front legs ...and her back legs are trailing behind her http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif she's so cute

*BaSim*
01-13-2001, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by daisys grandma:
hey daisys mom my dog can dance and howl to eminem's " real slim shady" its kew'
well if u wunna kno how to teach ur doggy to do this ask me

Simba is known as "The Real SIM Shady" and if he is sitting down and i put that song on he will stand up its cute and if i say will the reall sim shady please stand up he stands up !!!

Daisy's Mom
01-13-2001, 11:28 PM
LOL Daisy's Grandma is actually my younger sister. Daisy doesn't dance, she was just posting to make fun of me (she thinks I am stupid to run to my computer every day to talk to my friends on Pet Talk!). Oh well. Daisy does howl on command however but honestly, we didn't teach her that. It all started one day when we had been gone the whole day, and when we got home, Daisy was so excited to see them she started crying, and then howling! And the more we shouted "HOWL!" in a high pitched voice, the more she howled and the more we laughed. Daisy loves to make us laugh, so from then on she learned how to howl. So we really didn't teach her, she taught us http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif It's so adorable too, I just love Basset howls!! ROOOOOOOO!