:D:p:love::love::love:

wombat2u2004
10-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Go The Armidale Puppies

Woof woof !!!!

Grace
10-03-2011, 10:54 PM
American League Division Series - Tigers 5, Yankees 4

We lead 2 games to 1 in a 5 game series :)

Marigold2
10-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Yankees win tonight.
Yankees 10
Tigers 1
Oh yea baby oh yea
Back to NY on Thursday
Someone owns me a lunch

smokey the elder
10-05-2011, 07:33 AM
go pack go!!

go brew crew!

keep it going, badgers!

wombat2u2004
10-05-2011, 08:50 AM
YAY....how exciting.

So....what are they playing ?? Dominoes ???

Grace
10-05-2011, 11:39 AM
YAY....how exciting.

So....what are they playing ?? Dominoes ???

Tiddlywinks - http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSs8eJH_AYc7KPv7ogkYAQ67FPtBwOiF uAHjVsHTQLewF5PbKSC

wombat2u2004
10-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Tiddlywinks - http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSs8eJH_AYc7KPv7ogkYAQ67FPtBwOiF uAHjVsHTQLewF5PbKSC

Don't even think about an international Tiddlywinks game.....us Aussies would kick ya butt big time (we beat the Americans at everything) :D:D

pomtzu
10-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Go Phillies!!!

Grace
10-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Saturday night in Texas.

TIGERS 3 - Yankees 2. Our closer beat their closer :love:

sparks19
10-07-2011, 08:59 AM
BLAH what a lackluster opening night for the Habs vs Leafs. I think that was the most boring game ever. I NEVER thought I would say that about a classic rivalry game.

to top it off... the habs LOST. ugh

RICHARD
10-07-2011, 07:08 PM
GO SQUIRRELS.....

Everyday I walk around the block and see tons of squirrels. It was great to see them at the ballpark in the last few games.

cassiesmom
10-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Welcome back to Chicago, new White Sox manager Robin Ventura!
Cubs (again...) maybe next year! To Ron Santo and Harry Caray - could you please talk to God again?! Meanwhile... Anno Catuli 04-66-103.
And the Hawks season starts this weekend -- they play the Stars in Dallas today, and home tomorrow! Go, Blackhawks, go! (The Winter Classic is in Philadelphia this season. When it was in Chicago -- that was so much fun! I hope Philadelphia fans will enjoy it as much as we did.)

Grace
10-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Baseball - Milwaukee wins in the 10th inning. Awaiting the winner of the St. Louis-Philadelphia game.

Hockey: Winners today -
Red Wings
Sabres
Kings - in OT
Lightening
Predators

Stars up 2 on Hawks in the 3rd period.

RICHARD
10-07-2011, 09:44 PM
What about the Squirrels?

Lingerie Football?

Grace
10-07-2011, 09:52 PM
What about the Squirrels?

They were at Busch Stadium; apparently Citizen Bank Park has none. Guess the squirrels like beer better than money :)

RICHARD
10-07-2011, 09:57 PM
They were at Busch Stadium; apparently Citizen Bank Park has none. Guess the squirrels like beer better than money :)

They did a pregame bit and there were squirrels at the game tonight.
The grounds crew chased one into the stand before the game tonight.:D

If you can't win?

At least bite them in the (pea)nuts.......

-----------------

The San Diego Chicken is dead....

Long live the Chicken.....

Grace
10-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Well, better than a skunk - wouldn't you say?

RICHARD
10-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Well, better than a skunk - wouldn't you say?

have you ever dealt with possums? Dead possums?

;)

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=163738&highlight=possums

Grace
10-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Whoa - I never expected that - St. Louis beat the Phillies 1-0 :eek:

The two teams with the best records are bye-bye.

pomtzu
10-08-2011, 06:53 AM
Whoa - I never expected that - St. Louis beat the Phillies 1-0 :eek:

The two teams with the best records are bye-bye.

Yeah - the Phillies never expected it either. All the Philly fans are crying in their beer today, and of course being critical of the players. Happens every time. Fair weather fans.........:rolleyes:

Grace
10-08-2011, 10:00 AM
NFL News -

Al Davis, the Oakland Raiders owner who was one of the towering figures of professional football over the last half century, has died.

The Raiders’ web site has confirmed that Davis passed away this morning. He was 82.

In 1963, the Raiders, at the time a struggling franchise in the upstart American Football League, hired the 33-year-old Davis to be their head coach and general manager. He instantly reversed the team’s fortunes and was named the AFL’s Coach of the Year in their first season.

After three seasons as the team’s head coach, Davis briefly left to become commissioner of the AFL, and his aggressive approach in competing head to head with the NFL was one of the reasons that the NFL’s owners agreed to merge with their rival league. With that mission accomplished, Davis settled into a new role as managing general partner of the Raiders, a role he would stay in for the rest of his life.

On Davis’s watch, the Raiders won Super Bowls XI, XV and XVIII. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1992 and is the only person to serve as a personnel assistant, scout, assistant coach, head coach, general manager, commissioner and team owner.

Davis will be remembered as one of the greatest contributors to the game of football that the sport has ever seen.

I would have guessed he was older than 82 - seems like he's been around since forever.

RICHARD
10-08-2011, 12:20 PM
NFL News -

I would have guessed he was older than 82 - seems like he's been around since forever.

He was an enigma wrapped up in Raider's warm up suit.

People are being very nice while doing his 'post game wrap-up'.

Talk to Mike Shanahan, Marcus Allen, the cities of Lost Angeles, Industry and the Oakland fans.

Back in the day it was fun to be football fan, especially a Raiders fan, not so much recently and especially when AD was raping and pillaging the landscape.

He was the original Raider, but the days of pirates ended a while back.

-------------------------

When I was a hard core football fan, people would make it a point to tell me, after an Oakland loss, "What's the matter with YOUR Raiders?"

"They aren't MY Raiders, they belong to Al Davis....it's his problem.";)

Marigold2
10-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Since the Yankees are out. :(:(
I am now going for St. Louis.
Have always loved the manager Tony Larussa.
He is by the way an animal lover.

La Russa and second wife Elaine are the founders of Tony La Russa's Animal Rescue Foundation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Rescue_Foundation), headquartered in Walnut Creek, California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walnut_Creek,_California), which saves abandoned and injured animals as well as running programs to bring dog and cat visits to abused children, hospital patients, seniors and shut-ins. La Russa is also a vegetarian.<SUP id=cite_ref-WashPostApr32005_15-0 class=reference>[16] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_LaRussa#cite_note-WashPostApr32005-15)</SUP> The La Russas have two daughters, Bianca & Devon, and reside in Alamo, California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alamo,_California).

As for the Ohio State Buckeyes, I don't even want to talk about it.

Grace
10-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Florida football is off the list :(

For the first time since Dec. 6, 1982, no Sunshine State team was among the AP rankings on Sunday, marking the end of 472 straight polls where either Florida, Florida State or Miami — and usually all three — were on the list. Florida and Florida State both lost Saturday, the Gators losing at No. 1 LSU 41-11 and the Seminoles continuing their freefall with a 35-30 setback at Wake Forest.

RICHARD
10-13-2011, 03:34 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/msn/video_st_louis_cardinals_rally_squirrel_featured_i n_latest_mlb_playoffs_ad/7377718/

Go Squirrels...

Marigold2
10-16-2011, 12:23 AM
Good bye Detroit.

RICHARD
10-21-2011, 11:22 AM
good game last night.

go baseball.

wombat2u2004
10-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Have always loved the manager Tony Larussa. He is by the way an animal lover.

I wonder if his wife knows that.
I also wonder if his wife knows that you know that. :D:D

RICHARD
10-21-2011, 07:05 PM
I wonder if his wife knows that.
I also wonder if his wife knows that you know that. :D:D

LOL, Tony LaRussa is a really good guy.

He's was the manager for the Oakland team and during a baseball game a black cat ran onto the field.

I cannot remember the exact way the story happened, either he took the cat home or his wife called after the game asking about the cat.

He took it home and it inspired him to start ARF...

http://www.arf.net/

cassiesmom
01-17-2014, 05:16 PM
Bumping up this old thread ...

The Chicago Cubs introduced their mascot Clark this week. We don't need a mascot; we need a team that can win!
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/0114/mlb_a_cubs11_300x200.jpg

The Ricketts family, owners of the team, wants the city of Chicago to allow them to make huge renovations to Wrigley Field. Ricketts family, I don't think that will help the team win either.

Karen
01-17-2014, 05:22 PM
Bumping up this old thread ...

The Chicago Cubs introduced their mascot Clark this week. We don't need a mascot; we need a team that can win!
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/0114/mlb_a_cubs11_300x200.jpg

The Ricketts family, owners of the team, wants the city of Chicago to allow them to make huge renovations to Wrigley Field. Ricketts family, I don't think that will help the team win either.

It isn't like the fans will be any more loyal now that you have a mascot ....

Lady's Human
01-17-2014, 05:31 PM
It isn't like the fans will be any more loyal now that you have a mascot ....

Merchandise sales=more revenue.

Renovated stadium on the lines of Fenway? More revenue.

Why did the Red Sox create Wally? More revenue.

cassiesmom
01-19-2014, 11:53 PM
NFL- four teams left. My cousin lives in Colorado. I have PT friends in New England and northern California. I don't know anyone who lives in Seattle, but I have a dear friend from college who now lives in Los Angeles and is a huge Seahawks fan. This is so not fair. I'd be okay with any of them winning. Go, football! I'm just rooting for safe weather for the Super Bowl in New Jersey, a fun game, and commercials that will be good conversation starters at work the next day. And yummy football snacks would be good, too.

Karen
01-22-2014, 03:19 PM
Okay, a random thought: for quite a long time, I have been getting spam with the subject line "Patriot Survival Plan" which is I suspect may be some apocalyptic doodad or whatever, I dunno, I never open them, but in the aftermath of this weekend's dismal NE Patriots NFL performance - and subsequent elimination from contention for this year's Super Bowl, as I delete it I think ....

"Too little, too late, guys!"

cassiesmom
11-10-2014, 12:31 AM
The Bears got walloped on Sunday Night Football. Green Bay Packers 55, Bears 14. (Bears, did you even make the trip up to Green Bay? What an embarrassment! :eek:) Next Sunday the Minnesota Vikings come to Chicago. They'll probably win too.

chocolatepuppy
11-10-2014, 05:18 AM
And would ya look at those Browns!!!:D Go Browns!:cool:

cassiesmom
11-17-2014, 07:15 PM
The Bears won at home for a change! It's about time.

cassiesmom
12-12-2014, 05:10 PM
Tickets are going for as little as $40 for Monday's Bears game. They're playing New Orleans. The way this season has gone even that seems too high a price.

CHICAGO (CBS) — For fans who haven’t given up on the Bears just yet and have some time to spare on Monday evening, tickets are available for a relatively good price.

About $40 would score a seat in the upper reaches of Solider Field for Monday night’s game against the New Orleans Saints.

Some end zone seats are selling for around $80.

Seats on the lower level, in the corners are available for a low as $120.

With about 3,300 tickets available, fans could probably bide their time and wait to see if prices drop even further over the weekend.

If risk isn’t your thing, making the move on a $40 ticket is a pretty good deal.

The quality of the football cannot be guaranteed.

Incidentally, face value for regular season seats range from $104 to $420.

The most expensive ticket? $9,500 on Stub Hub.

$9,500! Really?

cassiesmom
12-29-2014, 07:46 PM
The Bears finished the season with 5 wins and 11 losses (last season they went 8 and 8). They fired the general manager and head coach today. Maybe the Bears are just as much under the curse of the billy goat as the Cubs are?