PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh....

COCatMama
11-09-2002, 04:51 PM
:eek: looks like I have to find a place to live, gulp.
Steve needs to be on his own, his father died two years ago and he hasn't been dealing with it, so he says he needs to be on his own to deal with it now. We are crying together, I am soooo scared I need to find a place to live that will allow my doggie.

Uabassoon
11-09-2002, 05:10 PM
Good luck finding a new place. I hope you can find a landloard that will let you bring your doggie.

COCatMama
11-09-2002, 05:24 PM
Thanks so much! I need all the luck I can get :D

jenluckenbach
11-09-2002, 05:30 PM
I wish I could do more than wish you the best of luck. When I rented I had 6 cats but always worried if we needed to move, where would I go. We finally took the plunge and bought a house. (we honestly believed we would never be able to afford it, but we managed and I feel "safe" now about my kitties)

COCatMama
11-09-2002, 05:37 PM
that's cool, i would love to have a house but unfortunately I am not married or anything soooooooo rent I shall!

ramanth
11-12-2002, 09:34 AM
Best of luck in your search!

Sudilar
11-12-2002, 09:50 AM
Good luck, Lalania!

NoahsMommy
11-12-2002, 12:09 PM
Renting a house is a good idea....or, even renting a room, where they allow you to have your dog. Have you checked that out? Do you have any leads yet?

Chinadoll
11-12-2002, 01:19 PM
In my area, it's much easier to find a double that allows pets than to find an apartment that allows pets...and sometimes it's cheaper. A couple months after I rented my apartment, I found a double for $100 cheaper a month. I was miffed. I'd much rather live in house than an apartment. *sigh*...of course my lease is up in December, I could rent elsewhere, but then I'd have to come up with another deposit etc... Try asking your vet and animal shelters what places for rent allow pets. Good Luck!

mugsy
11-12-2002, 01:35 PM
Lalania, I still say you should check into ownership. I know you said it was expensive, but isn't there a little house somewhere that they would loan you the money for? I feel sorry for you. I remember when I bought my first house, I was single and it was REALLY scary. Good luck!

COCatMama
11-12-2002, 06:53 PM
I found a place! yay! dec 1

AmberLee
11-12-2002, 07:22 PM
Congratulations! I'm so glad for you.

Miss Meow
11-12-2002, 07:37 PM
Congratulations, what a relief!

COCatMama
11-12-2002, 11:15 PM
thanks and no kidding about the relief
but i am still freaked to be on my own...oh well :)

Cataholic
11-13-2002, 01:29 PM
You know, sometimes you do alot better on your own than you realize. It sounded a little bit like there might have been some issues between you and your BF. Maybe this will be the impetus that helps you grow closer! Good luck...

COCatMama
11-13-2002, 07:37 PM
i am pretty sure it's oooovveeeerrrrr but that's okay. I guess that means I'm on the market again, EWW!! :rolleyes:

shais_mom
11-14-2002, 01:27 AM
uuummm good luck and congratulations all in the same breath!!
I am single also and have owned my home for almost 4 years. I was 23 when I bought my house. It is dinky, very very dinky. But like I said in your apt post, The payment is half of what I would pay in rent and it is MINE MINE MINE! I can have as many animals as I want. (which I do :dog/cat/fish).
I have had 2 of my friends at 23 and 24 buy their own houses also. It just makes sense, in rural OH. I realize that Canada might be different.

COCatMama
11-14-2002, 08:52 AM
In this area, at my salary, it would be impossible. :(

Twisterdog
11-14-2002, 10:45 PM
I bought my first house when I was a twenty-three year old single parent with a ten month old baby. Talk about scary! :)

Then I sold that house, quit my job, bought a house, dog kennel and grooming shop when I was a twenty-seven year old single parent with a four year old son. Talk about even scarier! :)

But all is well. Life is full of changes, disappointments, heartaches and upsets. But life is also full of joy, laughter, peace and happiness. It takes a little rain to make the flowers grow, Lalania.

Do what makes you happy. Do what gives you peace. Cultivate your own soul, follow your own interests. Life will unfurl for you at its own pace. Flow with it and you will find joy. Fight it and you will be unhappy. :)

COCatMama
11-15-2002, 08:54 AM
My ex-bf's bro lives in Nanaimo (on Vancouver Island) and he has some friends that recently moved their company there, so he's putting in a word for me! It's waayyyyy cheaper to live there.