PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a Walkeez Harness?

Freedom
10-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Tasha needs a new harness. Yes, AGAIN. This girl goes through harnesses like folks go through potato chips! :laughing:

I have the Rope N Go, and I love it. She can NOT get out of it, no matter how scared she gets. The problem with it is the black plastic piece they use on the chest. It breaks.

So I've been looking for something similar. I really would love to try a Hurtta Y Harness, but can't find them here in the USA, and getting tn in UK would be horrendously expensive.

So I found this, the Walkeez:
http://www.gollygear.com/walkeez.html

It looks like a Y harness, so I think Tasha can't get out of it. I'm just not sure what the fleece lining is going to do on a bichon coat.

Anyone tried the Walkeez?

SWHouston
10-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Well, I'm not sure just how "anti-escape" it may be, but...
I really like the behind the leg tensioners !

It looks like it will be very easy on their throats, seems
like the strapping will be pulled down & back between their
legs, rather than up against their throats.

Those single point "center of the Back" attachment points
on most Harnesses, are an area of concern to me.

So :cool: on the design part !

Freedom
10-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Yes, that is the "Y" style which seems to work best.

The Step in harnesses I use for my other bichons also avoid the throat. Bichons are prone to collapsed trachea, so we have to always be cautious what we use on them.

Thanks for the comment!

beeniesmom
10-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Frankie has one of those and it's the only way I can walk him. :)

Varga
10-03-2011, 06:59 PM
I've never tried one but I'm also on the lookout for a no-escape harness since Taggart figured out how to get out of the one he has, so for months now it's there haven't been any walks with a flexi leash but just the regular short leash.

I really like the look of the Walkeez so if you do buy one, and find it's escape proof, please let me know. I took a look at the Rope N Go you mentioned too but that wouldn't work for us very well since I also want the harness to be used when we go bike riding.

MonicanHonda
10-05-2011, 12:09 PM
I really like it. I will eventually get one for biking. It's a BIG thing in agility because of the pulling and the esophagus. At least two people in our agility class have them and absolutely rave about them.

Freedom
10-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks, Monica. I ordered one 2 days back, from the Clean Run web site.