PDA

View Full Version : An introspective moment

mrspunkysmom
09-30-2011, 09:23 PM
A reflection if you will . . .

I had to pause a day to two to wade through some emotions. I am vacillating from disappointment and hurt to embarrassment. http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=470&pictureid=4612 This community means a lot to me, more than I had realized. I'm wondering if I over-reacted, http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=470&pictureid=4635 wishing I had waited a day to see what happened. I feel like I need this http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=470&pictureid=4640

I'm not sure where to go or what to say after this. I'm even afraid to read some posts. http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=470&pictureid=4612 Silly me. My emotions have been running a little high these days, so ...

I'm sorry if I offended anyone or made them angry or hurt. :love:

This is also how I feel right now. http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=470&pictureid=4628

Karen
09-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Don't feel bad, it's okay. We all know sometimes other humans can disappoint, but at least you know everyone here are of a "different breed" than the rest of humanity!

happylabs
09-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Oh gosh...no offense taken! I know all about emotional roller coasters. I have been on one for a couple weeks now. Please don't kick yourself in the butt. :D

Scooter's Mom
09-30-2011, 10:59 PM
I have been posting from my phone a lot... I'm sorry I missed your birthday.

pomtzu
10-01-2011, 07:03 AM
No apologies needed or expected. You have every right to feel the way you did, and already being on that emotional roller coaster to start with, didn't help the situation either. I took my birthdate out of my info quite some time ago - that way I won't feel bad if it's overlooked ! :eek::)

BTW - you share your birthday with my late mother.

RICHARD
10-01-2011, 08:15 AM
The thing about emotional rollercoasters is that the same rules apply as a real life roller coaster.

1. You must be 'this' tall to ride.

2. If you are under the age of 12 you MUST be accompanied by an adult.

3. Do not stand up while the car is in motion.

4. Please keep your hands and feet inside the car while it is in motion.

5. Please secure all loose/personal items before the ride starts....and

6. Like all real roller coasters, emotional roller coasters only last for a short time....

Hang tough and remember.....

The 'horror' only lasts for a little bit?;)

mrspunkysmom
10-01-2011, 09:19 AM
I have been posting from my phone a lot... I'm sorry I missed your birthday.

That's okay. You can post from your phone? Is there an APP to make it easier? I tried once, but it was difficult because I had to Zoom in on each page.

Randi
10-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Anne, don't feel bad about this. I do understand you felt disappointed that a Birthday thread wasn't started on the actual day. It does mean something, even you're past fifty. Especially also if you had other problems to deal with. :(

People here are sometimes very busy and don't notice everyones Birhdays, but I'm sure we all mean to post a greeting, at least to members we communicate with. :)

I put Fister's Birthday in my profile, because I'd rather have people post Birthday wishes for my gorgeous boy. :love: A few have thought it was mine, though. :D

Well, I hope everything is better now and you'll have a great year!

(((hugs)))

Pinot's Mom
10-01-2011, 10:34 AM
No offense taken; we goofed.:o

You reacted with emotion and that makes you human. Hope your roller coaster is on the upswing! :)

Scooter's Mom
10-01-2011, 10:43 AM
That's okay. You can post from your phone? Is there an APP to make it easier? I tried once, but it was difficult because I had to Zoom in on each page.

LOL that's the real problem - it IS difficult. And hitting that little button to read new messages is a real task. I've been using the phone in the car on the drive to/from work (I am a passenger, it's okay!) and on my lunch. It's like having a tiny computer in my pocket, and just something I can't resist.

sasvermont
10-01-2011, 11:06 AM
I know not what exactly happened, but I do know that we are ALL not perfect.

I have some posts I wish I could take back, but have left. I have good days and bad days! :rolleyes:

We are a forgiving bunch here, so if you do have a temporary fall from grace, you will be forgiven, for sure. ;)

Chin up. Time has a way of moving things on for us. No one here has perfect days one after another. If they did, they wouldn't be here! No offense, but this forum serves as a diary/therapist/communication aid for many of us!

You are human. :love::love:

gini
10-01-2011, 12:40 PM
You know, what you have done here is really a good thing. You made us stop - address our failing - take a good look at it from your point of view and then try to rectify it.

I have to tell you that I love my birthday. I don't expect a party or presents or even phone calls. But I do look carefully at the cards that I receive and I always check Pet Talk.

Isn't it wonderful that you are human and can share your feelings with us and make us take a look at our own?