PDA

View Full Version : A #449 please!

gini
09-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Doesn't that sound like it could be a good name for a new drink? So what is in it? I haven't a clue - so let's make something up.

#449 has dark rum in it for starters.

Any other ideas to add to this?

Where's Richard when you need him? Did he sleep in?

pomtzu
09-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Where's Richard when you need him? Did he sleep in?

No - he's out walking the dog and practicing his "dog walking etiquette". Unfortunately he forgot the plastic bag!:eek:

You need to read his thread on the above "quote" to get the point of this. :p:D

gini
09-29-2011, 10:57 AM
No - he's out walking the dog and practicing his "dog walking etiquette". Unfortunately he forgot the plastic bag!:eek:

You need to read his thread on the above "quote" to get the point of this. :p:D

I did see that thread and was going to refer to it but I wasn't sure if people would know what I meant.

Yeah, Richard now has to backtrack with his plastic bags and bring it all home and put it in HIS trash can. HA!

Well, we will be ready for him with a good drink and some hot food.

gini
09-30-2011, 09:48 AM
It is just too quiet here at Thursdays. We are headed to winter so maybe we should get the guys to cut some firewood - the Orc can help.

Here's some hot chocolate and marshmallows to start your day.

I think I will whip up some french toast too.

Karen
09-30-2011, 09:58 AM
French toast sounds fine, and we women can cut firewood, too! I'd rather do it myself than hand the Orc a chainsaw, thanks! I'll cut if you'll split the firewood ...

Getting a good woodpile going feels so darned productive!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Ouch! Gini don't say the W word!!! I just want to enjoy fall then skip the W word and go straight to the S word. We are finally having some gorgeous weather. Not too hot! Not too cold!!! Just call me Goldilocks!!!! ;) :love:

Just would like some spiced tea please. :love:

Karen
09-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Given the season, perhaps apple cider in that drink? Never had rum, so dunno what cider and rum would taste like together ...

I'll take some cider straight up, please!

RICHARD
10-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Hi everyone.

I have been lazy and just a little behind on the 'interwebz' thingy.

Let me start with an apple cider order and start breakfast.

Sage sausage, taters, eggs w/cheese and toast.

-------------------------

I had to laugh when I read Gini's suggestion about a Drink of the Day.

A fast story?

My nephew would come over to visit my mom with the fixings for a Seagram's Seven and Seven-Up mixed drink. Also known as a "7 and 7'.

My mom would chide him about drinking "77's". When we tried to correct her about misidentifying the name of the drink, she would say, "I am not a drinker, I'll call them what I want."

I told her that when we had enough to drink, a "77" became a "49" - the effect of the booze was multiplied over the course of the evening.

So, when I saw the suggestion for a DOTD, I thought of a 7&7, 77, 49......

It's all in the numbers, anyway?

DONE!

davidpizzica
10-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Being an ex- golf course groundskeeper let me wield the chainsaw. I wouldn't let Orc within 50 feet of anything to cut down a tree! Could I have a large cup of coffee with Bailey's to start off with?

gini
10-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Hey, good to see you Richard - been lazy huh? Well, I do understand that one.

The weather today in So Cal if just beautiful. Not sure of the temperature but it is crystal clear and a brilliant blue sky is strutting its stuff.

David, thanks for cutting the wood. Yeah, I know we women can handle it - but if I have a guy that will do it - who am I to argue?

You can imagine how good I was about pumping my own gas. But I got over it and do it all of the time.

Richard I will have some of that good sounding breakfast, and I think an apple cider (hold the rum) to wash it all down.

Happy Saturday.

davidpizzica
10-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Hey, good to see you Richard - been lazy huh? Well, I do understand that one.

The weather today in So Cal if just beautiful. Not sure of the temperature but it is crystal clear and a brilliant blue sky is strutting its stuff.

David, thanks for cutting the wood. Yeah, I know we women can handle it - but if I have a guy that will do it - who am I to argue?

You can imagine how good I was about pumping my own gas. But I got over it and do it all of the time.

Richard I will have some of that good sounding breakfast, and I think an apple cider (hold the rum) to wash it all down.

Happy Saturday. I was glad to do it, Gini. I'm glad my 38 years experience on the course (I'm happy I'm retired!) could help out!

slick
10-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Oh I do need a drink fast. Make it strong....
I'll take anything at this point

Note to self: one more year, one more year....:rolleyes:

RICHARD
10-04-2011, 10:50 AM
A pitcher of drinks for the Slickster!

DONE.

I love the fall, you can almost feel the year winding down.

gini
10-04-2011, 11:02 AM
It actually rained here last night - the nerve!!:D Seriously, you can imagine how badly we always need rain.

Richard - up pretty early filling up Slick's glass. Let's hope she has a better day.

Are you fixing breakfast for all of us............there is a line outside.

Lady's Human
10-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Richard's cooking breakfast? I'm there!!!

RICHARD
10-04-2011, 11:12 AM
You betcha.

I learned that bacon cooked in the oven is way better than fried.

I also can make a great 'chorizo' breakfast burrito.

Here in KY the prices for mexican fare is a little steep.

I found a wonderful store with many of the brands that I like, but I have to pay a little extra...

Anaheim chilies are 3xs what I paid for them in El Lay!:(

Pinot's Mom
10-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Well, Richard, I'm closer to your former part of the world - in the wine country of COLORADO (not CA). Enjoying a fresh baked baguette from a french style winery with brie and a lovely red wine blend at our B&B before dinner. Life is good! Happy Tuesday everyone! :)

cassiesmom
10-04-2011, 07:06 PM
It's been a lovely, mild early October day in Chicago! May I have iced tea, please?

slick
10-05-2011, 01:32 PM
It's cold and rainy here today. I'll take a Spanish coffee and one of them burritos that Richard made. Yummy!!!
Happy Hump Day everyone. :love:

Lady's Human
10-05-2011, 05:16 PM
You sure you want one of Richard's burritos? I thought I saw the pan melting underneath them.......

THe coffee, however, I will do minus the warning.