PDA

View Full Version : Things my cat has taught me

cassiesmom
09-28-2011, 09:36 PM
This post by RICHARD made me cry and laugh at the same time! It got me thinking about the lessons PT kitties have taught their humans.

Ed and I have had a wonderful relationship.

He is a pure white cat and I have lost him on many occasions.

I came how from work one day and thought his neck was broken. I didn't know cats could rotate their necks in such a crazy fashion.

I lost him many time -much to my chagrin- on the white pillow cases on my bed. I'd walk in to the room and he was no where to bee seen.

I'd walk the house calling his name, until I noticed him on the pillowcases, nicely camouflaged, against the white background.

--------------------------------

I have learned patience, responsibilty and the power of sharp claws on skin from the Edster.

I have learned that a 16 pound cat walking across your bladder will wake you up and make you go pee.

I have learned to 'speak cat'.

My litter box is not suitable for me to crap in.

My water needs to be changed.

I want a treat.

I want love.

That book you are reading/program you are watching/thing you are computing is not more important that I am.

The hair on your dark shirt is a reminder I am at home waiting for you.

During the winter I will sleep on your legs and make any dream a nightmare-especially when you are trying to escape from a monster/person/situation.

YOU WILL WAKE UP, FLUSTERED then laugh at the fact that you are still awake three hours after said nightmare.

You cannot leave the house without at least one white hair on your clothes.

Yoh have given up black/dark navy colors in your wardrobe.

A cat sitting on your chest while you are asleep is nothing you can ignore.

Nipples and crotch are areas that your cat can and will step on to make you pay attention.

You welcome the warning cry of a cat before he pukes.

You abhor missing the warning cry of a cat before he pukes and step into that wet mess on your way to complete a bathroom run during the night.

Cats can and will toss a turd out of their box on occasion.

A cat will knock over an open drink/glass left on your nightstand.

Your cat has a little foible that drives you crazy.

(Ed love anything that remotely smell of menthol/eucalyptus. He will find it, rub up against it and make a mess of it...)

You will learn patience and that nothing you see when you walk into a room will surprise you.

Shredded tissue.
Mound of puke.
Broken Glass/ceramic/furniture.
Discarded food.
Cat litter spread across the floor and ????

The little foible that has driven me crazy ... is that my cat will hop on the bed with me only when I am "backwards" -- i.e., my head is down at the foot of the bed! I have no idea why she requires this, but I gratefully comply every night. Some time in the night she leaves, and then I turn around.

She has also taught me to enjoy smaller and more frequent meals and never to miss an opportunity to nap.

mrspunkysmom
09-28-2011, 09:41 PM
My cats have taught me that only animals are kind :love: and do not forget you. They don't pretend :mad: to like you then ignore you on an important day. :(

I need to learn their ability to accept life's lemons without rancor. :(

Cats and all animals are truly superior to humans.

catmandu
09-29-2011, 09:46 AM
:love::love:
I have learned love and acceptance from My Cats.
:):)
I have learned to relax and take things easy, that nothing is that serious.
:D:D
And that I need not be alone as long as My Cats are My Friends.
:):)
And the value of sharing as My Cats make sure that I do not each too much at my meals.
I love My Cats , and will see them again in Paradise
One Fine Day.
:love::love:

happylabs
09-29-2011, 10:17 AM
The first important thing I learned from my cats was to respect them. I owned dogs all my life up until I was in my early 40's. Learning to respect them has been a valuable lesson.

I have learned that I can watch my kitties sleeping from across the room and feel overwhelming comfort.

I have learned that the purr of a cat can be calming.

I have learned that I can look at my cat everyday for years and then one day sit or lay down beside him or her and realize all of the different beautiful colors in their fur that I wasn't aware of before.

I have learned that after a long day at work, head bumpies from Buddy is one of the greatest joys in life! :love:

Thanks for starting this thread.

katladyd
09-29-2011, 12:49 PM
I have learned from my cats that nothing is so dire that a little nap won't help it. I've learned to perfection that "What? I meant to do that!" look from my boys and have used it on occasion at work. I've learned that cats never abandon you. They are there every night on my bed, purring away. Loyalty, that's cats.:love:

emily_the_spoiled
09-29-2011, 01:27 PM
I have also learned to be fearless! There is nothing that will stop my blind guys or those with CH. They will try ANYTHING at least once (much to the detriment of my nerves :rolleyes: )

kitten645
09-29-2011, 01:51 PM
I've learned the meaning of love. True unconditional love. Never angry, never unkind, never spiteful. Nothing but the loves....and alot of kitty fur! LOL!

sasvermont
09-29-2011, 03:40 PM
I have learned never to paint a window sill if you own a cat.

I have learned that "get down" means "get higher" to a cat.

I have learned that the cat owns me and not the other way around.

I have learned unconditional love.

slick
09-29-2011, 08:11 PM
I do not feel loved until I've been drooled on. :rolleyes:

katladyd
09-29-2011, 11:46 PM
My Kimba's a drooler, Slick. I now know what you mean by that. :love::)

katladyd
09-29-2011, 11:48 PM
Oh, I have learned to wear my black pants covered in cat hair proudly. People always aks me, "Do you have a cat?" I smile and answer proudly and happily, "Sure do!"

slick
09-30-2011, 02:14 AM
I have also learned who my friends are, and they are the people who don't care if their clothes are covered in cat hair when they get up off my couch. They are the people who don't mind picking up Merlin's tootsie rolls off the mat in front of the litter box. They are the people who accept me for me and Merlin for Merlin. Enuff said. :love:

AmberLee
10-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Cassy and I would go out into the back garden most evenings. A couple times an hour he would glance up while traversing the lawn or whatever and his whiskers would wiggle and he'd get an "Oh, hey, it's YOU" look on his face and tear across the lawn to get me, barreling over flower pots, etc. and give me a little purring greeting and accept some lovies before he went back about his business...

The thing that dumbfounds me are some idiot humans I know who say that cats don't exhibit love. It's profoundly sad...